tModLoader Pokemmon - Pokemon Minion Mod

Sunfished

Terrarian
c3e955603c.png

Pokemmon - Pokemon Minion Mod!
(I'll spruce up the OP later!)

Disclaimer!
This mod is SUPER WIP, so PLEASE make sure you're comfortable with using this mod before using it in multiplayer, as it may be exploitable!

Download:
https://github.com/Sunfished/Pokemmon/releases

GitHub:
https://github.com/Sunfished/Pokemmon

Wiki:
https://github.com/Sunfished/Pokemmon/wiki

Pokemmon is a WIP mod that aims to add every single Pokemon, (including formes and special event Pokemon), into Terraria as summonable minions. It is still heavily under the design phase, and will hopefully be fleshed out more once I learn more about Terraria modding. And before anyone asks, I did not manually add every single Pokemon! I created a special python script that generated every single file of this mod, so adding new Pokemon, items, and changing how they function is as easy as writing the code once!

Current Features:

• All Pokemon (up to gen 8 including the DLC) are in the mod.
    • Increases the Player's stats based on their own stats! (ie. Pokemon's Attack will increase the Player's Melee/Ranged Damage)
    • The Pokemon's Typing grants the Player unique Buffs! (ie. Flying-Types grant Featherfall)
  • Evolve your Pokemon with new items to craft, find, and buy to further their Buff potential over the course of a playthrough!
  • A new NPC, the Professor.
    • Buy PokeBoxes to try your luck with obtaining Base-Stage Pokemon!
Currently, all Pokemon use an AI similar to that of the Pirate Staff. Some Pokemon are currently not obtainable, due to unobtainable forme item or are either an event, legendary, or mythical Pokemon.

Planned Features:
  • Pokemon using AI based on their types and stats
    • ie. Slow, Defensive Pokemon will focus on protecting the player.
    • ie. Flying-type Pokemon will use an AI similar to the Raven Minion.
  • Pokemon will provide special Type Buffs, similar to the implemented Stat Buffs
    • ie. Ground-type Pokemon provide knockback resistance.
    • ie. Fire-type Pokemon will provide lighting.
  • All Pokemon being obtainable somehow.
    • Some Pokemon will be obtained through special ways, (ie. Fossil Pokemon having a chance being found in the desert.)

Feel free to leave feedback! I would love to hear ideas on how to improve this mod!

Last edited:
wait.. so all.. 809 pokemon.. are in this mod?

All 809 Pokemon, including almost 200+ formes! that's about 1000+ different minions :OO

I'm in the process of gathering all the data needed to build the gen 8 Pokemon as well, so I might have an update in the next 2-3 weeks!

All 809 Pokemon, including almost 200+ formes! that's about 1000+ different minions :OO

I'm in the process of gathering all the data needed to build the gen 8 Pokemon as well, so I might have an update in the next 2-3 weeks!

You're a good jesus.

This is a neat mod, I hope it continues to be updated.

You asked if there were any suggestions: I haven't gotten very far into the mod, but it might be neat or interesting if you offered boss fights for (some) of the legendary pokemon and they had a % chance to drop from that fight. There are a lot of legendaries now though, so maybe consider starting with a mythic or two. (Or your favorite) That or ones like the bird trio could be a multi boss fight with a chance to drop one of the three...

You might also add some accessories that are reminiscent of held items from the pokemon games that add trainer (summoner) buffs.

I don't necessarily see how it could be implemented but a pokedex or checklist would be good for the collector types. Maybe something like the boss checklist, but that could be used with this mod - honestly not sure and I know you said they're not all currently available for 'capture' but still looking towards the future.

> If you were able to implement the above the Professor NPC offering more items when you reach benchmarks would be a good reward for that as well.

Thanks for sharing!

This is a neat mod, I hope it continues to be updated.

You asked if there were any suggestions: I haven't gotten very far into the mod, but it might be neat or interesting if you offered boss fights for (some) of the legendary pokemon and they had a % chance to drop from that fight. There are a lot of legendaries now though, so maybe consider starting with a mythic or two. (Or your favorite) That or ones like the bird trio could be a multi boss fight with a chance to drop one of the three...

You might also add some accessories that are reminiscent of held items from the pokemon games that add trainer (summoner) buffs.

I don't necessarily see how it could be implemented but a pokedex or checklist would be good for the collector types. Maybe something like the boss checklist, but that could be used with this mod - honestly not sure and I know you said they're not all currently available for 'capture' but still looking towards the future.

> If you were able to implement the above the Professor NPC offering more items when you reach benchmarks would be a good reward for that as well.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the suggestions! I haven't touched on the mod for a while, but I'll definitely consider what you suggested!

I killed Eye of Cthulhu and Skeletron put Evolution Machine and where to get Rare Candy

I can't check at the moment, but I believe rare candy can be crafted using a number of Fallen Stars and Gel. If that doesn't work, then sadly I didn't implement the correct recipe yet! :(

Any news on the updates? This is a cool mod and as a summoner main I'm looking forward to them
But there's no crafting recipes for any of the evolution items

hey yall! just popping in to say that im still working on this mod. ive just been so busy with school and other projects haha

a6835eba82.gif

All Gen 8 Pokemon appearing in Sword/Shield are currently in and working! It took a while to update my database and tools to accommodate some weird mechanics gen 8 had added.

Before I push the next update, there's still a few more things I want to complete, so here's a little list of things I'm currently working on, (and figuring out!)
  • Pokemon that evolve by level will utilize different types of candy based on their evolution's BST. Stronger evolutions will utilize candies obtained much later than those that are weaker.
  • Make the evolution stones appear underground as ores. These will be fairly rare.
  • Have some other major evolution items, such as the ones needed to evolve traded pokemon or pokemon with friendship, appear somehow.
  • Pokemon will give stat buffs based on their species and the player's class with the highest damage output. This will be as follows:
    • Melee and Ranged players will gain attack and defense buffs based on the summoned Pokemon's Attack and Defense.
    • Magic and Summon players will instead gain buffs using the summoned Pokemon's Special Attack and Special Defense.
Here's hoping I can get this done soon orz

(also, I don't recommend anyone to play the current version of the mod. There's almost no way to evolve the Pokemon via ingame methods right now!)

Update v0.2 is now out!
You can grab it here or find it in the mod browser!

As per request from a long time ago, I now have a wiki that I will update over time:
Sunfished/Pokemmon

New Stuff:
  • Gen 8 Pokemon have been added into the mod.
  • Exp Candy is now available to craft! This is used on Pokemon that evolve via level, which means a lot of Pokemon are now obtainable.
    • Exp Candy has different tiers, ranging from XS to XL. You can read more about it here.
  • Pokemon now grant Stat Buffs. You can read about how it works on this page, or look at what buffs the Pokemon give out here.

Hi! Is there a discord yet? I'm loving the mod currently (I have 4 pokemon) evolving is a bit hard but it seems simple enough so can't wait!

Hi! Is there a discord yet? I'm loving the mod currently (I have 4 pokemon) evolving is a bit hard but it seems simple enough so can't wait!

oof, apologies but I haven't made a discord due to the small number of people that actually play the mod, and my time to work on it is not sufficient enough to warrant it haha

I'm glad you enjoyed it though! I'm slowly chugging along with development and plan to add more evolution items, such as the stones, in the next update!

How do you get the professor to move in? I have beaten king slime, but it seems I still havent met the requirements

Alright, after playing with this mod for a bit i can say one thing: the stat boosts given by pokemon are insane. You can easily hit upwards of 7x damage before boc/eow. Maybe tone down the stat boosts by alot? Also, I find It strange how summoners dont get any boosts, maybe have them benefit from a pokemon's sp.atk boost?

Alright, after playing with this mod for a bit i can say one thing: the stat boosts given by pokemon are insane. You can easily hit upwards of 7x damage before boc/eow. Maybe tone down the stat boosts by alot? Also, I find It strange how summoners dont get any boosts, maybe have them benefit from a pokemon's sp.atk boost?

i'd love to learn what setups you're using to hit up to 7x damage! im not much of a numbers person so all of this is completely NOT balanced. there's still a lot of tweaking to be done to hit a good spot.

The reason why I didn't give damage boosts to summoners is because they still benefit off of the HP and Def boosts, and since you can have more of them out at once, it would get kind of insane pretty quickly. in retrospect, the reason why the others got damage boosts is because you normally would only have one or two pokemon out at once.

Back
Top Bottom