tModLoader Pokemmon - Pokemon Minion Mod

There's no discord server for this mod, sadly. I don't think there's much to really talk about to warrant one :(

Legendary, Mythical, and Special Pokemon are currently unobtainable, mostly due to me not settling on a method to obtain them.

All the evolution items will eventually be craftable with vanilla items. The current way of obtaining them, (finding them in chests, bought from NPCs, etc), are just placeholder!
Ah ok thank you and a discord would be amazing for suggestion, update announcements since discord is a lot more popular then these forums but thanks for the help!

I'm not sure if its a conflict with some other mod or if its intentional but when my pokemon runs to hit an enemy it instantly despawns and i have to summon it again (its mudkip if that has any relevance). Does this mod have some other mods its not capable of working with?

I'm not sure if its a conflict with some other mod or if its intentional but when my pokemon runs to hit an enemy it instantly despawns and i have to summon it again (its mudkip if that has any relevance). Does this mod have some other mods its not capable of working with?
I had this issue before. It fixed itself when I disabled Thorium from my mod list. However, if you have only this mod and Thorium enabled, then it works fine. I feel like it's most likely Thorium that's causing the problem since that mod really doesn't like playing nice with other mods in general. Had to get rid of it from my multiplayer world cause it created too many buggy problems.

This is not supposed to happen, and I had just checked and can confirm that it's working on my end (latest version). Do you have a list of mods you are using? I don't think my mod does anything different than other minion implementations that would cause it to break like that.

Thanks for the bug report though!

I would love if there was some way you could make your pokemon target a specific enemy, i had a lot of trouble trying to keep my starter from attacking adds during the slime king fight

This is not supposed to happen, and I had just checked and can confirm that it's working on my end (latest version). Do you have a list of mods you are using? I don't think my mod does anything different than other minion implementations that would cause it to break like that.

Thanks for the bug report though!
Yeah I'm also getting the same bug. As mentioned before it is probably Thorium. But it only started a couple of days ago and I started the server a week ago. So im just a little confused why it was working and then decided to not? btw I am a huge fan of the mod so Thank you for all the hard work you put in to create this!

Anyone know if drop rates are modified? Opened about 300 nest boxes trying to get a Munchlax. So far no luck. I brought in 40 platinum from a different world since I dont want to grind for money right now. I want to know if:
1) Is Munchlax indeed in the nest box since it is a baby pokemon.
2) Am I just getting really unlucky?
I have literally gotten all the baby pokemon repeatedly except Munchlax. Was it put in the stage 1 pokebox accidentally?

Last edited:
I would love if there was some way you could make your pokemon target a specific enemy, i had a lot of trouble trying to keep my starter from attacking adds during the slime king fight
Unfortunately I don't believe there is a way to have that happen right now, also due to my lack of expertise in coding AI. I'll try looking into this feature though!

Anyone know if drop rates are modified? Opened about 300 nest boxes trying to get a Munchlax. So far no luck. I brought in 40 platinum from a different world since I dont want to grind for money right now. I want to know if:
1) Is Munchlax indeed in the nest box since it is a baby pokemon.
2) Am I just getting really unlucky?
I have literally gotten all the baby pokemon repeatedly except Munchlax. Was it put in the stage 1 pokebox accidentally?
I'm SUPER sorry, but I just checked and Munchlax was placed into the wrong PokeBox. The next update will correct this, so thanks for noticing that!

Unfortunately I don't believe there is a way to have that happen right now, also due to my lack of expertise in coding AI. I'll try looking into this feature though!

I'm SUPER sorry, but I just checked and Munchlax was placed into the wrong PokeBox. The next update will correct this, so thanks for noticing that!
Don't apologize, accidents happen. Haven't spent that 40 platinum yet lol. In the meantime I will use a Lucario to solve my problems.
Also just to be clear, Evolution Stones come in fishing crates right. Does it matter what kind? Like if I get a bunch of jungle crates is that fine? Also does the higher rarity crates make it better to find an Evolution Stone?

Last edited:
There's no discord server for this mod, sadly. I don't think there's much to really talk about to warrant one :(

Legendary, Mythical, and Special Pokemon are currently unobtainable, mostly due to me not settling on a method to obtain them.

All the evolution items will eventually be craftable with vanilla items. The current way of obtaining them, (finding them in chests, bought from NPCs, etc), are just placeholder!
can you make a way to get rare Pokémon like making a shrine that only spawns one mythical and one legendry per world

Don't apologize, accidents happen. Haven't spent that 40 platinum yet lol. In the meantime I will use a Lucario to solve my problems.
Also just to be clear, Evolution Stones come in fishing crates right. Does it matter what kind? Like if I get a bunch of jungle crates is that fine? Also does the higher rarity crates make it better to find an Evolution Stone?
Evolution Stones, as of now, only come from Fishing Crates yes. I believe they only spawn in the Wooden, Iron, and Gold, (and their Hardmode Counterparts), so unfortunately they don't spawn from Biome Crates.

The method to obtain them will eventually change over to actual gems that can be mined, once I can find someone proficient with spriting to create those custom tiles to implement!

can you make a way to get rare Pokémon like making a shrine that only spawns one mythical and one legendry per world
This is a very interesting idea, and has given me some inspiration as to how to go about making the Legendary Pokemon obtainable. Thank you for the suggestion!

Sunfished Can I make a Wiki for this mod I know that you made one on github but I want to make a new website may I do this?

Sunfished Can I make a Wiki for this mod I know that you made one on github but I want to make a new website may I do this?
I'd rather you not do this, mostly because I'm still adjusting many elements and establishing parity between the github wiki and your wiki would be troublesome to manage. I wouldn't want a situation where users would be looking at outdated information.

I appreciate the sentiment though, maybe sometime in the future when the mod situates itself is when another wiki outside of github would be appropriate.

I'm not too sure if I'm doing something wrong or whatever but I seem to be unable to use the Pokebox and the box for spawning baby pokemon. Am I doing something wrong like not doing it at a certain work station or is this a bug?

I'd rather you not do this, mostly because I'm still adjusting many elements and establishing parity between the github wiki and your wiki would be troublesome to manage. I wouldn't want a situation where users would be looking at outdated information.

I appreciate the sentiment though, maybe sometime in the future when the mod situates itself is when another wiki outside of github would be appropriate.
ok I understand but git hub can make it easier for people to hack the files.

Last edited:
I'm not too sure if I'm doing something wrong or whatever but I seem to be unable to use the Pokebox and the box for spawning baby pokemon. Am I doing something wrong like not doing it at a certain work station or is this a bug?
Hey there! I believe that you have to open it by right clicking the box while your inventory screen is open. It's a bit unintuitive so I'm sorry if it wasn't very clear on how to open it. If that doesn't work, then it actually is a bug I need to fix!

ok I understand but git hub can make it easier for people to hack the files.
I don't understand what you mean by "hack the files". Have you used Github before? This kind of misconception seems to stem from a lack of understanding how Github works.

Hey there! I believe that you have to open it by right clicking the box while your inventory screen is open. It's a bit unintuitive so I'm sorry if it wasn't very clear on how to open it. If that doesn't work, then it actually is a bug I need to fix!

I don't understand what you mean by "hack the files". Have you used Github before? This kind of misconception seems to stem from a lack of understanding how Github works.
Hi, thanks for the reply! I've tried doing as you said multiple times with the inventory open, both while holding it and right-clicking and having it in the hot bar while right-clicking. This still doesn't work for me, however. Hopefully, this clears some things up.

Hi Sunfished, first of all huge thanks for making this mod, it is truly incredible. I seem to be having an issue getting the professor to spawn. I’ve beaten king slime in my world, however I have several empty houses and he isn’t spawning. Saying that, I’m playing with several other mods enabled, the only two of which I could see being a possible issue being calamity and thorium. Do you know if there are compatibility issues with other mods or am I just forgetting something?

edit: nvm sorry to bother u i was just being dumb, somehow didn’t notice the time of day lmao

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom