tModLoader Pokemod

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll tell you right now it doesn't. I have tested it myself. I wrote a lot of custom AI, and summoning npcs in general + lots of custom data for all the Pokemon stats means it was never going to work out of the box and will need a lot of multiplayer specific code. Good news is I have started on it, and implemented the first boss, bad news is I'm really busy right now and won't have time to work on this again until the next weekend.

I don't really know the specifics, but some time after I put my Pokemon in a chest with Deposit All, every single one but my starter got corrupted, which added up to eleven Pokemon in total. Level 0, 0/1 EXP, Hardy nature, glitching out and despawning the moment their AI tried to act in any way, basically corrupted Pokemon stuff from what I've seen and read. The next night, there was a Blood Moon. Long story short, I died, my starter and a random Pokemon I used to unsuccessfully determine the problem both got corrupted when I respawned, and then all three of my NPCs got slaughtered.

EDIT: I managed to get Charmander back by leveling it up. I'll try to get the rest back, too.

I can't download the update from the 5.5.4 to the 6.5 that is allegedly up because the mod servers are clogged up and the manual link doesn't work.

I don't really know the specifics, but some time after I put my Pokemon in a chest with Deposit All, every single one but my starter got corrupted, which added up to eleven Pokemon in total. Level 0, 0/1 EXP, Hardy nature, glitching out and despawning the moment their AI tried to act in any way, basically corrupted Pokemon stuff from what I've seen and read. The next night, there was a Blood Moon. Long story short, I died, my starter and a random Pokemon I used to unsuccessfully determine the problem both got corrupted when I respawned, and then all three of my NPCs got slaughtered.

EDIT: I managed to get Charmander back by leveling it up. I'll try to get the rest back, too.
I'm sorry to hear that :( I know yes I should say it is not a 1.0 yet and don't get attached to your save files but I know how frustrating that is. Here is a gift code for a shiny Pokemon in game, I hope that helps.
In game, in game chat, type /gift H7WF-9NGA-DMBT-Z6WY-54Z6
(you can even use keyboard short cuts to copy and paste it in to the chat window, ctrl-c and ctrl-v)

Meanwhile I will have to assume that it wasn't in fact fixed for saving custom Item data in world chests as I thought it was, so I'll need to start on my own fix.

I can't download the update from the 5.5.4 to the 6.5 that is allegedly up because the mod servers are clogged up and the manual link doesn't work.
Seems ok now, that will happen from time to time I'm sure, and not much we can do about it unless we all want to give @bluemagic123 some money for hosting?

So it's like Minecraft's pixelmon but in terraria, with another clever play on words

Cool!
Yeah sort of, thanks :)

Last edited:
Since chests give some trouble to pokemon, how about a specific container for pokemon (AKA: the PC).

More inventory space than regular chests, saved on character instead of world (like the safe and piggybank). Can even help give our PokeCenters a more gamely vibe. (Yes, Nurse and Merchant live in mine)

I should mention i used another mod once to spawn multiple poke nurses and merchants in various pokecenters in key locations of the world. Cool to have a poke center at the ocean.

I don't think chests are the problem. If they are, they don't always corrupt. I have a Nidoran and a Pikachu in the chest with all my dead Pokemon, and they're both fine.

Yeah I can't work it out, I put mine in a chest, quit, reloaded and they were fine so I assumed it was fixed and working now. But then at some other random point I too noticed that I'd lost some, and I'm not sure what caused it. For now maybe keep your main party out of chests before quitting, until I make a more permanent solution.

If I new how to do a custom chest this would be a lot easier...

I installed the mod (last version) from modbrowser. To start my pokemon is to 0hp and can not spawn, get an error: has no energy left to battle. I used maxpotion,hyperpotion and can not spawn. help me pls and sorry for my bad english. ty

thy dont regen health :(
They do regen health, at the normal slow rate, I would reccomend using potions (sold by the merchant) or healing at the Pokenurse, and keeping a good strong team instead of relying on only one. Of course like everything in Pokemod it is a work in progress, and let me know if anything is plain "just not fun" and it can be tweaked. Personally I don't have to heal very often because my Pokemon are higher level than the world, but I like to go slow and grind levels until they are really strong - others might disagree - let me know.

I installed the mod (last version) from modbrowser. To start my pokemon is to 0hp and can not spawn, get an error: has no energy left to battle. I used maxpotion,hyperpotion and can not spawn. help me pls and sorry for my bad english. ty
When you say to start, do you mean when you chose your starter Pokemon? I did add a bit of code to heal them to full health when crafted or caught, I just can't remember if that has been released yet or is in the next one...

Hey I have one question ... how do I craft Pokeballs ?

And amazing mod btw your an awesome modder !
Thanks @Void Walker! At the moment Pokeballs aren't craftable, you buy them from the Merchant. At some stage I will add Apricorn trees, which will drop Apricorns which can be used to craft Pokeballs, it's not hard to do just one of the many small things which need doing but take time.

They do regen health, at the normal slow rate, I would recommend using potions (sold by the merchant) or healing at the Pokenurse, and keeping a good strong team instead of relying on only one. Of course like everything in Pokemod it is a work in progress, and let me know if anything is plain "just not fun" and it can be tweaked. Personally I don't have to heal very often because my Pokemon are higher level than the world, but I like to go slow and grind levels until they are really strong - others might disagree - let me know.

When you say to start, do you mean when you chose your starter Pokemon? I did add a bit of code to heal them to full health when crafted or caught, I just can't remember if that has been released yet or is in the next one...

Thanks @Void Walker! At the moment Pokeballs aren't craftable, you buy them from the Merchant. At some stage I will add Apricorn trees, which will drop Apricorns which can be used to craft Pokeballs, it's not hard to do just one of the many small things which need doing but take time.

Thanks for the quick response @Unown and funny thing is i figured out how to do that before i even read (my English is so bad I don't even know if i typed that wrong) that reply XD. I also have a suggestion ... what about evolve stones ? Like thunder stones, water stones that you could find in they're own respective chests types/biomes. For example thunder stones/(insert other types of air/weather/flight type stone's cause I'm a Pokemon noob) spawn in sky island chests. Ground stones (if they even exist) spawn in random chests on the surface/and or caves.

*EDIT* How do i get the Pokenurse to move in ? i kinda had to cheat with HERO's mod to get her to move in. And could you make it so that you dont share the potion sickness debuff with your Pokemon ? It is quite irritating in battle and monsters don't get aggro on your Pokemon.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick response @Unown and funny thing is i figured out how to do that before i even read (my English is so bad I don't even know if i typed that wrong) that reply XD. I also have a suggestion ... what about evolve stones ? Like thunder stones, water stones that you could find in they're own respective chests types/biomes. For example thunder stones/(insert other types of air/weather/flight type stone's cause I'm a Pokemon noob) spawn in sky island chests. Ground stones (if they even exist) spawn in random chests on the surface/and or caves.

*EDIT* How do i get the Pokenurse to move in ? i kinda had to cheat with HERO's mod to get her to move in. And could you make it so that you dont share the potion sickness debuff with your Pokemon ? It is quite irritating in battle and monsters don't get aggro on your Pokemon.

No thats right, your English is fine :) I completely agree with you for evolve stones, just one of those things on the list to do. I put the potion sickness in deliberately because without it, it felt like diablo 2, just spamming use potion, and your Pokemon's strength was irrelevant, it just mattered how many potions you could afford.

What do people think? Maybe I could remove potion sickness debuff, and give another customer Pokemon potion sickness debuff that acted separately to the player? Maybe with a lower cooldown?

No thats right, your English is fine :) I completely agree with you for evolve stones, just one of those things on the list to do. I put the potion sickness in deliberately because without it, it felt like diablo 2, just spamming use potion, and your Pokemon's strength was irrelevant, it just mattered how many potions you could afford.

What do people think? Maybe I could remove potion sickness debuff, and give another customer Pokemon potion sickness debuff that acted separately to the player? Maybe with a lower cooldown?

A custom potion sickness debuff would be awesome ! I also need to ask a question when will the next gen of Pokemon come out ?/the rest of them ? And maybe make it so wild Pokemon spawn from lvl 2 to 8 ? Because its a bit too easy to kill them ... it would also add some motivation to catch more of the same Pokemon because you could either train your current Pokemon or just find a higher level Pokemon which would make it a little bit more challenging and a little bit more easyer at the same time. (This is the moment that Void noticed ... he made a giant sentence without putting in .'s)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom