tModLoader Pokemod

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found bug: when forge with the gnome a pokemon his attack is of the level one but continues having the same level, when it rises of level it lvl up to the level 1

...? Forge with the gnome? Reforged Pokemon with Goblin Tinkerer?

All I got is that one pokemon remained at level 1 even after getting the exp necesary to level up. Can you say the pokemons name?

Ps- leveling up is quite hard at present... it takes a couple of hundred thousand Weedles to get to level 15... Used /Commands to make certain of it...

Last edited:
...? Forge with the gnome? Reforged Pokemon with Goblin Tinkerer?

All I got is that one pokemon remained at level 1 even after getting the exp necesary to level up. Can you say the pokemons name?

Ps- leveling up is quite hard at present... it takes a couple of hundred thousand Weedles to get to level 15... Used /Commands to make certain of it...
i guess he means if your pokemon lvls up it still do the dmg from the pre lvl. simple resum it to have correkt dmg. but thats not quite a bug its just the the item itself chances with lvlup :/

Whats the spawning condition of Pidgeys?

I can tell:
Caterpie and Weedle is Common Surface Spawn of any biome and any time.
Rattata is a Surface Common Nocturnal Spawn of any Biome.
It would seem I forgot to add that, my bad guys, next version! (or use one of the console commands mods)

I found bug: when forge with the gnome a pokemon his attack is of the level one but continues having the same level, when it rises of level it lvl up to the level 1
I'm going to assume you are saying when you reforge with the golbin tinkerer the pokemon goes back to level one. In that case I'm not surprised, looking at the reforge function in terraria it basically deletes the item and gives you a new one. Since it doesn't care about the stats all the experience and stats are gone.

Edit:
Turns out I can fix it by setting the maxStack size to -1 for Pokemon \o/
Only problem is now that is crashing other parts...For now just don't reforge a Pokemon

Last edited:
After testing out the pokemon i can say that the AI of fliers is superior to that of land pokemon. While fliers fly around the player, they do so naturally. The landbased pokemon however insist on being ON the player while there is no enemy. In addition, while fliers attack individually dealing damage one at a time, Landbound pokemon attack in a mob pastes to one another...

After testing out the pokemon i can say that the AI of fliers is superior to that of land pokemon. While fliers fly around the player, they do so naturally. The landbased pokemon however insist on being ON the player while there is no enemy. In addition, while fliers attack individually dealing damage one at a time, Landbound pokemon attack in a mob pastes to one another...

The AI is my major project at the moment. In the next version I hope it will be multiplayer compatible, with a custom AI for all Pokemon. This new AI will eventually maintain spacing for all summoned Pokemon, give them a nicer idle, and have each movement mode (fly, bounce, walk, teleport and swim).

All Pokemon are currently being converted from vanilla summon projectiles to actual NPC's, this means they have health and defense and can faint, again using actual Pokemon game stats for Def and Sp.D. I will then also tie in the Spe stat to the AI, giving advantage to who hits first when two NPC's hit each other, and giving a small bonus to movement speed to Pokemon and attack rate.

Any news Unown? Transforming the minions into NPCs giving you trouble?
Yeah heaps of trouble. Bad news, next version probably won't be multiplayer compatible, I did everything I could but tModloader itself currently doesn't support everything needed. The only solution was to jump on GitHub and modify actual tModloader itself with more moddable net code. All well and good but that will take a lot more testing and then integration by bluemagic123 to become part of the main branch for everybody - but it did work.

As far as becoming NPC's they all are, and working, but making their AI more intelligent is hard and slow work. Before I was borrowing vanilla AI, but that isn't possible when they are no longer projectiles, and are npcs that can be turned on or off as friendlies or enemies.

So now I've got a rudimentary AI in place, for running, flying and swimming Pokemon but I feel like it's just not ready to go live, needs a bit more polish - and some more Pokemon. Every version needs a couple of new Pokemon to catch, that's a promise I made myself.

(For example I just made it so running Pokemon can jump gaps instead of just walking straight off cliffs in to a pit, Yay! But little things like they can't navigate slopes needs work)

I will be a bit busy with some important life stuff I have a deadline for, but rest assurred I am still working on it :)

Yeah heaps of trouble. Bad news, next version probably won't be multiplayer compatible, I did everything I could but tModloader itself currently doesn't support everything needed. The only solution was to jump on GitHub and modify actual tModloader itself with more moddable net code. All well and good but that will take a lot more testing and then integration by bluemagic123 to become part of the main branch for everybody - but it did work.

As far as becoming NPC's they all are, and working, but making their AI more intelligent is hard and slow work. Before I was borrowing vanilla AI, but that isn't possible when they are no longer projectiles, and are npcs that can be turned on or off as friendlies or enemies.

So now I've got a rudimentary AI in place, for running, flying and swimming Pokemon but I feel like it's just not ready to go live, needs a bit more polish - and some more Pokemon. Every version needs a couple of new Pokemon to catch, that's a promise I made myself.

(For example I just made it so running Pokemon can jump gaps instead of just walking straight off cliffs in to a pit, Yay! But little things like they can't navigate slopes needs work)

I will be a bit busy with some important life stuff I have a deadline for, but rest assurred I am still working on it :)

Awesome status update.

What about extra fields with your own version of hp and damage?

What about extra fields with your own version of hp and damage?
I'm not sure what you mean @Yulia11 but they do use the proper stats on the Pokemon NPCs now. So that means, Hp, Atk, Def, Special Atk, Special Def, Speed, scaling with level and EVs and base stats being determined by species and IVs. All the stats do something, HP, Def, Atk all correlate directly to Terraria HP, Damage, and Defense. Special attack is for ranged damage, special defense, is defense against ranged attacks, and speed contributes to movement speed, attack cooldowns and determining who hits first between two npcs hitting each other at the same time.

I'm not sure what you mean @Yulia11 but they do use the proper stats on the Pokemon NPCs now. So that means, Hp, Atk, Def, Special Atk, Special Def, Speed, scaling with level and EVs and base stats being determined by species and IVs. All the stats do something, HP, Def, Atk all correlate directly to Terraria HP, Damage, and Defense. Special attack is for ranged damage, special defense, is defense against ranged attacks, and speed contributes to movement speed, attack cooldowns and determining who hits first between two npcs hitting each other at the same time.
If you make it projectile it would do for multi-player.
Just add your own field for hp while get depleted touching another npc or projectile (can you actually check projectile to projectile collision?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom