tModLoader Pokemod

Status
Not open for further replies.
No exclusive events, I might add exclusive Pokemon at some stage that would be based off the character's name, but that would be pretty secret ;) Legendary Pokemon will most likely be added as boss fights, if you can get their hp low enough and inflict statuses and capture them without dying then they will be yours. Pokemon will eventually have drops like normal mobs, mostly Pokemon related things like berries and hold items which will go in Pokemon specific slots once tModLoader has UI hooks. One very special boss fight will yield a master ball, with a limit of 1 per character, kind of like the hard mode Demon Heart in vanilla.

It will be, and soon, I think I had better work on that for next version. After all I want to do the Pokedex in order and I don't have any of the evolutions yet...
Was it more of crafting (with some mod tile) or right-clicking like crates? Also mind implementing some equipment?

so how would evo work?would it just happen at a certain level or would you craft them into thier evolved states?also is thier gonna be trainer armor?

Was it more of crafting (with some mod tile) or right-clicking like crates? Also mind implementing some equipment?
The only crafting I can think of will be Pokeball crafting from Apricorns, please feel free to make more suggestions.

so how would evo work?would it just happen at a certain level or would you craft them into thier evolved states?also is thier gonna be trainer armor?
I know some people don't want to evolve certain pokemon, so I'd like it to be optional, I have to explore how AddRecipe works, to see if it can check something dynamic, like the pokemon's level, then ideally yes, you could just craft it in to the Pokemon you wanted once it is high enough level.

I do plan on adding Vanity sets in the style of the player and non-player characters from the series, not sure if they will ever be more than vanity. Once I have the ability to add 6 more pet slots and 6 more accessory slots, I will have 1 equipment slot for each Pokemon in the party. That slot will represent their hold item, and that is where a lot of equipment will come in. Think Leftovers or Plates. Again I am happy to hear suggestions for Trainer equipment, but in the games generally it is the Pokemon who do everything and have all the interesting gear.

The three starters float in air too much. Also can I summon more than one?

Yes I agree they do, they are a bad hack of the example mod hovershooter class, so they hover! I will change this at some point, turns out it is just very time consuming to code and test AI. At the moment Pokemon are exactly the same as vanilla summons, you can have more than one when you have the minion slots for it. If you disagree with that please let me know in the poll attached to the thread :)

The only crafting I can think of will be Pokeball crafting from Apricorns, please feel free to make more suggestions.

I know some people don't want to evolve certain pokemon, so I'd like it to be optional, I have to explore how AddRecipe works, to see if it can check something dynamic, like the pokemon's level, then ideally yes, you could just craft it in to the Pokemon you wanted once it is high enough level.

I do plan on adding Vanity sets in the style of the player and non-player characters from the series, not sure if they will ever be more than vanity. Once I have the ability to add 6 more pet slots and 6 more accessory slots, I will have 1 equipment slot for each Pokemon in the party. That slot will represent their hold item, and that is where a lot of equipment will come in. Think Leftovers or Plates. Again I am happy to hear suggestions for Trainer equipment, but in the games generally it is the Pokemon who do everything and have all the interesting gear.

Crafting huh... How about Pokeblocks or Vitamins to modify the pokemons stats a bit?

As for trainer equipment, how about: Bisicle/Skates/RunningShoes, Berry Pouch (extra inventory), PokeFlute, Status Recov Consumables(Full Heal, Antidote, etc).

Will Badges have an effect on stats like they did in olden times when they applied small buffs to the trainers pokemon?

Finally, any idea of how TMs and HMs will be utilizes if at all? Or how Surf Fly and Dig will play their part if they will?

Yes I agree they do, they are a bad hack of the example mod hovershooter class, so they hover! I will change this at some point, turns out it is just very time consuming to code and test AI. At the moment Pokemon are exactly the same as vanilla summons, you can have more than one when you have the minion slots for it. If you disagree with that please let me know in the poll attached to the thread :)
Do you think making bigger Pokemon both mount and summon would be possible. I'd like to fly on a charizard. And razor leaf makes more sense than vine whip considering it works more like yoyo or harpoon gun, or sunbreak (that solar balde that extend).
Crafting huh... How about Pokeblocks or Vitamins to modify the pokemons stats a bit?

As for trainer equipment, how about: Bisicle/Skates/RunningShoes, Berry Pouch (extra inventory), PokeFlute, Status Recov Consumables(Full Heal, Antidote, etc).

Will Badges have an effect on stats like they did in olden times when they applied small buffs to the trainers pokemon?

Finally, any idea of how TMs and HMs will be utilizes if at all? Or how Surf Fly and Dig will play their part if they will?
Considering you can fly and walk on water and dig (maybe move like worm enemy) hm/ tm might not be necesary. Though unlimited diving and quick cut would help. Berry Pouch would be great addition, and maybe only spawn some pokemon with a certain equpiment or simply make a a boss summon? And status would be hard to do considering they work like minions.

Pokeblocks I checked out but since they only work for the beauty contest stuff I wasn't that keen, might be better to make them work like stat boosters.
I like those ideas for trainer equipment, I will have to add those at some point. I was definitely already going to add potion, antidote, full heal etc. they will be needed. Badges at this point probably won't affect stats but will affect what Pokemon spawn near the player, what level they are, and what the player can buy from the merchants.

Do you think making bigger Pokemon both mount and summon would be possible. I'd like to fly on a charizard. And razor leaf makes more sense than vine whip considering it works more like yoyo or harpoon gun, or sunbreak (that solar balde that extend).
Yes certainly for mounts. Razor leaf will most likely be Ivysaur's special attack, and then Petal Dance or Solar Beam for Venusaur.

Considering you can fly and walk on water and dig (maybe move like worm enemy) hm/ tm might not be necesary. Though unlimited diving and quick cut would help. Berry Pouch would be great addition, and maybe only spawn some pokemon with a certain equpiment or simply make a a boss summon? And status would be hard to do considering they work like minions.
HM's maybe, with the right system being able to use the Pokemon like an axe or flying mount or water mount would be great. TM's would be a huge pain because there are simply too many moves, maybe one day.

Pokeblocks I checked out but since they only work for the beauty contest stuff I wasn't that keen, might be better to make them work like stat boosters.
I like those ideas for trainer equipment, I will have to add those at some point. I was definitely already going to add potion, antidote, full heal etc. they will be needed. Badges at this point probably won't affect stats but will affect what Pokemon spawn near the player, what level they are, and what the player can buy from the merchants.

Yes certainly for mounts. Razor leaf will most likely be Ivysaur's special attack, and then Petal Dance or Solar Beam for Venusaur.

HM's maybe, with the right system being able to use the Pokemon like an axe or flying mount or water mount would be great. TM's would be a huge pain because there are simply too many moves, maybe one day.

Then just use the TMs with Overworld effects which are noticible.

Sweet Scent - increase Spawn rate
Flash - Brightens area
Rock Smash - destroys many blocks (bomb<move<dinamite)
Whirlpool - creates a whirlpool that stays on the location for a duration.
Rock Climb - Use on a wall to reach the top or a cealing to reach the next empty space upwards.
Dig - use downwards to move to the next open space downwards.
Teleport - teleport to a random npc house.

Another option is to have TMs be the weapons the Trainer can use alongside his pokemon rather than teaching it to the pokemon.

I love Pokemon and all, but could you make the spawn rate of Pokemons lower? For a new character, it;s impossible to go 5 steps without encountering something that will rekt your :red:. Or just make the Pokemons neutral against you, and will only attack when they're engaged?

I love Pokemon and all, but could you make the spawn rate of Pokemons lower? For a new character, it;s impossible to go 5 steps without encountering something that will rekt your :red:. Or just make the Pokemons neutral against you, and will only attack when they're engaged?

Yes, the next version will certainly tone that down! Changing AI is going to have to wait until I make a proper AI overhaul, but I will make it so Pokemon that spawn are stat tied to the Pokedex stats and much easier.

I checked my game and cant believe i forgot some trainer Equipment...
Pokedex, Trainer Card, Badge Case, Pokegear/Poketch

Btw- will IVs and EVs be implemented? If not maybe itd be good to add a different way to train pokemon... such as Hidden levels.

By this i mean that a Pokemon had lv 1 and can evolve at lv 18 at which point it returns to lv 1 of its evolved form with 18 hidden levels.

This can bring players to train their pokemon to lv 100 before evolving to maximize stats as much as possible.

Caught evolved pokemon should have a minimun hidden level of the level required to evolve. If lv 18 is required for that evolved form, the pokemon would have its caught level and in addition 18 hidden levels.

Similarly catching a stage 2 pokemon (Butterfree) it would have its caught level as well as the hidden level required for Caterpie to evolve AND the hidden level required for Metapod to evolve.
EX: lv 15 Butterfree (HLv 17) {Caterpie Lv 7 + Metapod Lv 10}

Naturally this is just an idea and it diverges from pokemon formula...

EV's and IV's will already be in the next version :)
Here is a bit of a preview:
bcQNyQF.png

Updated the OP, new version released!

Last edited:
Yay, update! This mod is one of my favorite ones, and seeing as it's evolving (pun totally intended) I would love to be able to do a full let's play of this someday!

Next version idea: Pokemon spawn levels increase as the game progresses (after bosses, invasions, Hardmode, ect.)

Yay, update! This mod is one of my favorite ones, and seeing as it's evolving (pun totally intended) I would love to be able to do a full let's play of this someday!

Next version idea: Pokemon spawn levels increase as the game progresses (after bosses, invasions, Hardmode, ect.)
Thanks for your support! Leveling up wild Pokemon when bosses are defeated is actually already in the next version! You can see the progress on the next version here: https://trello.com/b/pBCblCEW/pokemod (also in OP)
I've hit a bit of a wall now trying to get Multiplayer working since the 7.1.1 update to tModloader, so the next update might just be multiplayer and no other new features since so much looks like it needs to be rewritten... :(

Thanks for your support! Leveling up wild Pokemon when bosses are defeated is actually already in the next version! You can see the progress on the next version here: https://trello.com/b/pBCblCEW/pokemod (also in OP)
I've hit a bit of a wall now trying to get Multiplayer working since the 7.1.1 update to tModloader, so the next update might just be multiplayer and no other new features since so much looks like it needs to be rewritten... :(
Multiplayer is pretty much screwed in tModLoader anyways, don't worry about it. Focus your updates on content, and try doing multiplayer when there's nothing to work on (or you hit a brick wall)!

Whats the spawning condition of Pidgeys?

I can tell:
Caterpie and Weedle is Common Surface Spawn of any biome and any time.
Rattata is a Surface Common Nocturnal Spawn of any Biome.

I found bug: when forge with the gnome a pokemon his attack is of the level one but continues having the same level, when it rises of level it lvl up to the level 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom