Single Thread RP Pokemon: The Discovery

Idelac0

Terrarian
(A remake of the first Pokemon RP I made but it quickly died out.)
(DISCLAIMER: This RP is simply just for fun, and is NOT canon with the real Pokemon franchise, and it NEVER will be. The Pokemon franchise belongs to Game Freak.)

This roleplay takes place in the all-new region of Terelm. Recently, the discovery of millennium was made: Hybrimon. These creatures seem to be people with Pokemon abilities. They are human-- and yet, they are also Pokemon. They carry strange Poke Balls that they call Hybri Balls, in which they give to a trainer who they deem worthy of being their partner. Who will you be? A trainer who strives to be the best? Or a Hybrimon with an entirely different story? Where will your path take you?

You can use this sheet to make your character. There are some parts of the sheet that are EXCLUSIVE to either Human or Hybrimon. You can make as many characters as you like, but it might be hard to keep track of them.
These parameters are available to both Human and Hybrimon.
First Name/Nickname: (The name you want your character to be referred to.)
Full Name: (The name your character canonically has.)
Race: (Can be either Human or Hybrimon.)
Personality: (How your character acts. Enter whatever you like.)
Backstory: (What happened to your character before you began roleplaying. Enter whatever you like, but don't make it too absurd.)
Alignment: (Enter Good or Evil. If you're Good, you can go on an adventure. If you're Evil, you can interfere with other's journeys.)
Appearance: (Optional. Enter whatever you like.)

You can only use the following parameters if you chose Human.
Pokemon: (You can start with up to six. But it's recommended that you start with either one Pokemon, or none at all.)
Specialization: (The type of Pokemon that you prefer. If you don't want one, simply enter "Balanced".)
Special Skill: (You can choose from one of the three: Mega Evolution, Z-Moves, or Dynamaxing. Be warned, though: YOU CANNOT USE ANYTHING ELSE ONCE YOU CHOOSE.)

You can only use the following parameters if you chose Hybrimon.
Classification: (Something like an Octopus Hybrimon, or a Fruit Hybrimon, or something like that.)
Type: (Enter up to two.)
Entry: (Enter your Hybrimon's abilities, how they are different from people or other Pokemon, and the like. Make sure to keep it short.)
Moves: (Enter up to four, and start with at least two. If you're making up your own move, be sure to describe it.)
Hybri Ball Design: (Hybrimon always carry these modified Poke Balls with them. Each and every Hybri Ball has a unique design. Describe it however you like. It's recommended that you have it reflect in your Hybrimon's appearance.
There are many people who play a big role in the region of Terelm. They will either help or hinder your adventure.
Grama Gym Leader: Open! Make a character devoted to this role if you want to take it.

Phlogistion Gym Leader: Open! Make a character devoted to this role if you want to take it.

Sluice Gym Leader: Open! Make a character devoted to this role if you want to take it.

Bloc Gym Leader: Open! Make a character devoted to this role if you want to take it.

Terelm Champion: Open! Make a character devoted to this role if you want to take it.

Team Noir Commander: Open! Make a character devoted to this role if you want to take
it.

Terelm Professor: Open! Make a character devoted to this role if you want to take it.

Just a heads up, more might be added in the future.
In the region of Terelm, there are four subregions, all of which house a major town that shares the same name as the subregion.
Grama: The Grama subregion is a magical forest, where you'll find many Ghost, Fairy, and Dragon Pokemon. Grama Town is medieval-themed, where you can find a castle which acts as the gym in the center. The gym is also surrounded by its famous, giant market. At its market, you can find all sorts of items there, and at good prices, too.

Phlogiston: The Phlogiston subregion is a canyon where lots of Electric, Steel, and Poison Pokemon reside. Phlogiston Town's theme is mechanical-themed. There are lots of factories, with the biggest one being the gym. It's very famous for its monthly Pokemon Fests, which is an event themed around which trainers fight for the Pokemon they like most.

Sluice: The Sluice subregion is an oasis that neighbors the Phlogiston subregion. There are Flying, Water, and Ice Pokemon everywhere. Sluice Town is Japanese-themed, and you can find some interesting architecture there. A dojo in the center is the gym for the subregion's town. This town is also well-known for being the best hangout spot in all of Terelm.

Bloc: The Bloc subregion is in the center of the Terelm region that leads to the Terelm League. You can find all sorts of Pokemon here, but be warned-- they are VERY strong. Bloc Town is referred to as the "Terelm League Base" by the general public, as it's a great place to prepare for the League. Unlike the other towns, Bloc Town has no theme, so it looks pretty generic. Despite the League's presence, there's also a gym here.

And with that, I'll bring the RP closer to beginning with my character.
First Name/Nickname: David
Full Name: David L. Herotis
Race: Human
Personality: Brave, and often takes the role of leader. Loves the thrill of the fight.
Backstory: Apparently David is from... another world? Wherever he came from, David has the ability to fight on his own, even without Pokemon. David is looking for a way to go back to his world.
Appearance: Green shirt, and blue slacks. Pale skin with brown hair and blue eyes.
Pokemon: None.
Specialization: Balanced
Special Skill: Z-Moves
If the RP gets two one more player, we can begin.

Last edited:
Trying again? Well, let's see here... Reusing my assets, again.
View attachment 223835
View attachment 223845
First Name: Crying Child
Full Name: Jeremy Vanettan
Race: Hybrimon
Personality: Crying.
Backstory: Take this out of context.
View attachment 223839
...You need more than that? Really? Fine, he's from an alternate universe where he arrives in a world full of fun and destruction and defeats an evil bear with powerful energy with his friends and arrives here for more adventure and crying.
Known Moves:
View attachment 223836

Name: Crying Child
Classification: Crying Hybrimon
Type: Normal - Ghost (Cuz he died but was revived in body)
Entry: Only one of his kind exist, as he was taken from an alternate universe long ago. He never had a happy birthday.
(There's your thing. Welp. IDK this world so put Crying Child somewhere.)

First Name/Nickname: Crying Child
Backstory: He's from an alternate universe where he arrives in a world full of fun and destruction and defeats an evil bear with powerful energy with his friends and arrives here for more adventure and crying.
Type: Normal - Ghost
Entry: Only one of his kind exist, as he was taken from an alternate universe long ago. He never had a happy birthday.
Moves: View attachment 223836
Hybri Ball Design: An 8-bit shadow ball

Trying again? Well, let's see here... Reusing my assets, again.

First Name/Nickname: Crying Child
Backstory: He's from an alternate universe where he arrives in a world full of fun and destruction and defeats an evil bear with powerful energy with his friends and arrives here for more adventure and crying.
Type: Normal - Ghost
Moves: View attachment 223836
Hybri Ball Design: An 8-bit shadow ball

Accepted. Although, you should explain your "Balloons", "Birthday", and "Gift Boxes" moves. I stated in the character sheet that if you come up with original moves you need to describe them.

Anyway, let's begin the RP!

David wakes up, gets up, and gets out of his room. He opens the door, and progresses through his house a little more to get outside and steps onto his porch. He stretches and inhales the fresh air of Grama Town.
David: Well, time to get to work. I gotta get back to my real home.
David goes for the Grama Gym Market.

Last edited:
David reaches the Grama Gym Market. As usual, it's very busy and many items are being held for sale.
David: I wonder if they have what I'm looking for.

Accepted. Although, you should explain your "Balloons", "Birthday", and "Gift Boxes" moves. I stated in the character sheet that if you come up with original moves you need to describe them.

Anyway, let's begin the RP!

David wakes up, gets up, and gets out of his room. He opens the door, and progresses through his house a little more to get outside and steps onto his porch. He stretches and inhales the fresh air of Grama Town.
David: Well, time to get to work. I gotta get back to my real home.
David goes for the Grama Gym Market.
(They are on a wiki. Plus, given that I did not make them, technically they are not original, and plus, I don't even know where you even put my character.)

(They are on a wiki. Plus, given that I did not make them, technically they are not original, and plus, I don't even know where you even put my character.)
Uh... okay. I'll look into it later. Anyway, the RP's going now, so you can make your character start RPing.
OT
David heads to a nearby stand, which is colored blue. There are some products that catch David's eye. David begins making his purchase.
David: Let's see. 5 Potions... 3 Antidotes... Oh, and 6 Poke Balls, too.
David gives his money to the cashier and drops his items into his backpack. Afterward, David heads out of Grama Town in search for Pokemon, or maybe even Hybrimon.

Reusing my application that you never responded to.

First Name: Siccle
Full Name: Siccle Fena Kun Soulya
Personality: Whatever you like.)
Backstory: He was born hybrimon, unknowingly. Now he has discovered these special powers after someone revealed them to him. Right now he is roaming around Grama, looking for things to do.
Classification: Humanoid Hybrimon
Type: Ghost/Water
Entry: This Hybrimon is unique, as it looks like a normal human, but has claws that it can hide away, to fit in with the humans. Another hybrimon like this exists, but with a different typing.
Moves: Night Slash, Hydro Pump, Shadow Claw, Bug Buzz
Hybri Ball Design:

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-28_13-1-20.png
    upload_2019-7-28_13-1-20.png
    219.8 KB · Views: 102
Reusing my application that you never responded to.

First Name: Siccle
Full Name: Siccle Fena Kun Soulya
Personality: Whatever you like.)
Backstory: He was born hybrimon, unknowingly. Now he has discovered these special powers after someone revealed them to him. Right now he is roaming around Grama, looking for things to do.
Classification: Humanoid Hybrimon
Type: Ghost/Water
Entry: This Hybrimon is unique, as it looks like a normal human, but has claws that it can hide away, to fit in with the humans. Another hybrimon like this exists, but with a different typing.
Moves: Night Slash, Hydro Pump, Shadow Claw, Bug Buzz
Hybri Ball Design:

Accepted. Welcome to the RP!
OT
After David makes his purchase, David heads to Grama Forest for his training, and hoping he can catch some Pokemon there, too.

(No bumping in the RP, so if you just want to make the RP continue put in a full-fledged post.)
OT
David draws his sword, which is actually made up of magic created by his own willpower. He practices a few sword strokes.

OT
*Crying somewhere cuz Crying Child. Choose where because I have no idea what the forest looks like other than the word Magical which is very vague.*

OT
*Crying somewhere cuz Crying Child. Choose where because I have no idea what the forest looks like other than the word Magical which is very vague.*
When I say "Magical" I don't mean it like some sort of fantasy area. It just FEELS that way because of the Ghost, Fairy, and Dragon Pokemon. You can actually start wherever you like.
OT
David quickly turns around as he senses something nearby.

(No one told me that before now. Or even who the gym leaders are, or what is even going on here so uh.)
OT
*Silence upon realizing other people can come after him if they can hear him.*

David looks at a rustling bush, where a wild Chespin emerges.
David: Ooh. A Pokemon...! Alright, let's catch it!
David charges the Chespin, but his sword misses.

(Catching and fighting with a blade are two different things. And in many ways, certain events can be misunderstood by a mind of a child.)
*Hearing the fight, the crying child walks slowly away, afraid of what 'catch' would mean in this world.*

I notice a person attacking a chespin, and jump towards him

"What are you doing! This creature has a hard enough life as it is!"

I notice a person attacking a chespin, and jump towards him

"What are you doing! This creature has a hard enough life as it is!"

David: W-Woah...! Uh... Sorry. I guess this was a misunderstanding. I didn't have any Pokemon, so I had to try and catch it myself. And to do that, I had to weaken it by fighting it.
David takes a quick glance at the unhurt, but scared Chespin. David sheathes his magical sword.
David: Is this Chespin... yours?

"Alright."
I pet the Chespin, comforting it.
"try being friends with them, as a sword can make them feel threatened."
I go back to jumping around in the trees

*Despite walking away, he was at an enough distance to hear the words, and replied, while still in hiding.*
CC: "That's... right. F-fighting is not a-always the... only... o-option."

David: He... didn't answer my question... Huh. And what was that... other voice?
David turns to where Chespin was, but it's gone.
David: Chespin's gone, too...
???: Golly! You could have caught that Chespin a better way, y'know!
David: Huh?
From the bushes, something else approaches. This time, it's... a Hybrimon?
(OOC: Like I said, you can have as many characters as you want. Just be sure not to put in too much, because they'll be hard to keep track of.)
First Name/Nickname: Liana
Full Name: Liana S. Hikargai
Personality: Very childish. Once she's decided on something, she never gives up on it.
Backstory: A lab accident turned her into a Hybrimon. She also seems to be looking for someone.
Appearance: Blue shirt with pink stripes. Her hair is composed of four well-organized tentacles, two of which are big enough to be tied into a ribbon, located at the back of her head.
Classification: Octopus Hybrimon
Type: Normal/Electric
Entry: Liana can extract ink from her tentacle-like hair in order to attack. She can also electrify it at will, but in a frightened/agitated state, her attacks will always be electrified.
Moves
  • Quick Attack (Normal)
  • Iron Chop (Steel): Attacks the foe with a karate chop that's so strong as if the chop itself was made of iron. If it hits the target on the head, it can confuse them.
  • Ink Shower (Normal): Bombards the foe with several ink bullets. The ink has a tendency to make the foe more vulnerable to damage, and can hit multiple targets.
  • Ink Jolt (Electric): Zaps the foe with a bolt of electrified ink.
Hybri Ball Design: Resembles a normal Poke Ball, but the red part is colored pink instead, and the back also has a replica of her hair ribbon.
The two stand in silence, looking at each other.
David: A better way?

Back
Top Bottom