Single Thread RP Pokemon: The Discovery

CC:"Capturing is still capturing. I-it's not right. Being f-forced to do things you don't want."
Both of them hear the unknown voice again.
David: Where's that voice coming from?
Liana: Umm... hold on.
Liana checks an area where the voice might be coming from.

Liana: No luck...
David: Anyway, who are you? And what did you mean, I could have caught that Chespin in a better way?
Liana: I'm Liana. And you could have at least CHALLENGED the Chespin.
David: Hm. Well, I'm David. I'm looking for Pokemon or Hybrimon to catch, so do you want to battle me?
Liana: You'd make a great partner, but I'm not so sure yet. So yeah, I'll battle you!
David smiles, and draws his sword, ready for combat.

Sockmonkey367 said:
((i like how literally everyone screamed at David for attacking the chespin))
(Don't touch the child meme. Also, I will use that meme if someone touches my character.)

*Silent.*

David and Liana square off, with Liana using an Iron Chop but David deflects it with his sword.
Liana: You're strong...! But don't underestimate me just because I'm a kid!
Liana launches an Ink Shower, which David takes the brunt of. The result is David's front looking entirely pink due to the ink.
David: What the--?! What is this stuff?
Liana: Don't let your guard down!
When David looks up, all he sees is Liana charging him with a Quick Attack, which deals more damage than it should have due to the defense-breaking ink.

(Quick double post. Sorry about that.)
UPDATE (8/1/2019):

- Added a new villain team: Team Noir. Team Noir is basically like Team Rocket, but much, MUCH worse. They don't just steal Pokemon, they commit all sorts of crimes. You can make a character who's a member of Team Noir. Just state your alignment on the newly-updated character sheet.

- Added Roles. You can make a character that will fulfill this role. If the role is taken, you can either give up on taking it or ask the roleplayer to give the role to you, provided they agree.

OT
David gets up after getting knocked down by Liana's Quick Attack.
David: Yep, you're strong, too. But I'm just getting warmed up!
David throws two fireballs, which Liana gets hit by each of them.
Liana: H-How can you fight like this?! You're definitely not Hybrimon!
David: Yeah, I'm not. I have the ability to fight because I've been trained to from my home world.
Liana: Home world...?
David: Hey, focus on the fight!
David charges Liana with a flaming sword attack.

(Someone please post because I don't want to keep posting consecutively.)
OT
Liana panics and uses Ink Jolt as David approaches.
The result is an explosion that wipes out a small chunk of the forest.
When the dust settles, David is just lying there, but he slowly gets up.
Liana: Uhh... I guess we took it too far...
David: Well... then, let's end it!
Liana: Wait, what are you--
David throws a Poke Ball at Liana, which hits her in the head. However, Liana promptly gets out of the Poke Ball, destroying it in the process.
Liana: *Sigh* I'm a Hybrimon. Poke Balls don't work on me.
OOC
So, yeah, it's canon that Hybrimon can't be caught by normal Poke Balls. You'll have to convince them to give you their Hybri Ball, which you can use to catch them. Using Poke Balls on Hybrimon are a no-go, as there's 0% chance of it working, and it destroys the Poke Ball in the process.

Last edited:
i fly out of one of the trees, screaming.

"Out of all my days, i haven't seen an attack that strong. Nice job."

((Well, as long as I don't know how my characters would turn out in that RP, but if no one is posting, I guess I can try. Just fyi - can I make a Pokemon character? (Not hybrimon/Gijinka Fakemon. A really normal Pokemon.)))

((Well, as long as I don't know how my characters would turn out in that RP, but if no one is posting, I guess I can try. Just fyi - can I make a Pokemon character? (Not hybrimon/Gijinka Fakemon. A really normal Pokemon.)))
Well, firstly, you need to make a character that's either a human or a Hybrimon. Then you can put your Pokemon character. If you read the character sheet, it said you can start out with up to six Pokemon. You just need a human/Hybrimon character first. So, feel free to do it.
OT
David: Then... How do I catch you?
Liana: Here, you might wanna use this!
Liana throws her Hybri Ball at David, which David catches.
David: What's this? Never seen a Poke Ball like this one.
Liana: It's a Hybri Ball. All Hybrimon carry these modified Poke Balls. You can use them to catch Hybrimon!
David: In that case... Let's do it right!
David throws the Hybri Ball at Liana, and it hits her in the same spot. This time, David's catch attempt is successful.
David: I caught her...!
David picks up the Hybri Ball, and throws it to send her out.
Liana: Golly! I didn't think you could actually do it!
David: Heh. Well, kid, now you're my partner. So, let's do our best, alright?
The duo heads back to Grama Town.

First Name/Nickname: Thartler
Full Name: Willian "Thartler" Nerthfoul
Race: Human
Personality: Really, he is mostly evil. Blame the ties to the Noir villain team. Anyway, he's really cruel, selfish, only cares to get on top of the organisation to corrupt the Hybrimons, making them evil and feral. Also does various evil stuff, like arson, thievery and jaywalking.
Backstory: He kind of was recruited by Team Noir, as they saw a promising member within' him. He didn't get a Pokemon, until he stole one from the wilderness, by the force. Has been taught how to do crimes efficiently last month.
Alignment: Evil
Appearance: Hidden behind ninja clothing (see Ninja suit in Terraria), gloves complete. The blue eyes are visible too, as the caucascian skin is. Rather high and slim.
Physical Traits: An agile one, maybe not like a Snivy, but certainly more agile than a human. He's a bit stronger too, as he was trained in that, too.

Pokemon: Dratini, knowing Wrap, Thunder Wave and Leer.
Specialization: Dragon-Types
Special Skill: Mega Evolution

((Also a note - my villain I plan to play by myself. If you want to insert his quotes, you actually have to PM me for lines of text Thartler will use.))

First Name/Nickname: Thartler
Full Name: Willian "Thartler" Nerthfoul
Race: Human
Personality: Really, he is mostly evil. Blame the ties to the Noir villain team. Anyway, he's really cruel, selfish, only cares to get on top of the organisation to corrupt the Hybrimons, making them evil and feral. Also does various evil stuff, like arson, thievery and jaywalking.
Backstory: He kind of was recruited by Team Noir, as they saw a promising member within him. He didn't get a Pokemon, until he stole one from the wilderness, by the force. Has been taught how to do crimes efficiently last month.
Alignment: Evil
Appearance: Hidden behind ninja clothing (see Ninja suit in Terraria), gloves complete. The blue eyes are visible too, as the caucascian skin is. Rather high and slim.
Physical Traits: An agile one, maybe not like a Snivy, but certainly more agile than a human. He's a bit stronger too, as he was trained in that, too.

Pokemon: Dratini, knowing Wrap, Thunder Wave and Leer.
Specialization: Dragon-Types
Special Skill: Mega Evolution

((Also a note - my villain I plan to play by myself. If you want to insert his quotes, you actually have to PM me for lines of text Thartler will use.))
Did you mean to use the letter "N" in your first name, or did you mean to make it William? Anyway, accepted. Looks like with your character, this show's gonna get interesting!
OT
The duo arrives at David's house. As they enter, David has a serious look on his face.
David: Liana?
Liana: What is it?
David: I'm glad you're my partner. But there's another reason why I caught you.
Liana: Another reason?
David: Yeah. There's this team called Team Noir. They're really bad guys who commit all sorts of crimes.
Liana flinches at that part.
Liana: T-Team Noir? What does this have to do with them?
David: I'm actually working to bring about Team Noir's fall.
Liana: What?! You're trying to make Team Noir disband?! That's crazy!
David: I know. It is crazy.
Liana: Then why are you doing this?
David: ...

Thartler, being busy with the mugging a poor person, did not notice the conversation. However, he managed to scare one person.
Thartler(???-1 to others): "Your money or your life. Your choice."
Seems like the mugged person was scared because of anonymousity and the voice that sounded harshly. But they didn't give money away. Not yet.
Thartler: "Repeat. Your money or your life."
???-2: "W...who are y...you... to..."
Thartler pulled out a Pokemon. The Dratini, he didn't call yet. Yet he maintained, cold, ruthless and patient face. - "Once more. Give money or pay life." - He was silently talking a command to Dratini to wrap around neck. He wasn't joking, after all.
???-2: "H...h...hel..." The mugged seem to slowly take its savings away.

(Quick question to Halt: Is Thartler in the Grama region right now?)
OT
David: I don't want this world to live in a time where it's always under threat. I wanna change that.
Liana: I...
David: But you don't have to agree. You're just a kid, after all.
Liana: I'll help you out.
David seems shocked at Liana's answer.
Liana: I hate Team Noir, too. They stopped at nothing to capture me. Let me help you take them down!
David smiles at Liana's confidence and determination.

((Yeah. He is.))
Thartler still doesn't notice a thing about the duo being confident and determined to stop his team, rather being waiting for the mugged to finish the giving of money. This'll fund Noir some more... or be for some evil uses. He probably started to think what if, but quickly shook himself off, after all, he couldn't be careless at his job, could he?

((Yeah. He is.))
Thartler still doesn't notice a thing about the duo being confident and determined to stop his team, rather being waiting for the mugged to finish the giving of money. This'll fund Noir some more... or be for some evil uses. He probably started to think what if, but quickly shook himself off, after all, he couldn't be careless at his job, could he?
David and Liana are in David's house, so there's no way he'd hear them. (Unless he's REALLY attentive.)
OT
Liana: ...Uh, David? I think there's something wrong.
David: Huh? Oh, no.
As David peeks out the window, he sees Thartler completing his mugging.
David: Liana, stay here. Don't use Quick Attack on him until I give you the signal, which is me raising a flaming sword skyward.
Liana: Got it.
David goes out the back door. He sneaks around until he's within proximity of Thartler, in which David jumps him and tries to slash his sword across Thartler's face.

OOC: While Team Noir are bad guys who commit lots of crimes, they don't do "mature" crimes, which is... well, it's too graphic to come right out and say it, so if you try to commit a sort of crime as a Team Noir member, you have to check in with me first (Unless it's been done before). PMs recommended.

Also David's NOT trying to kill Thartler, as murder is prohibited in this RP.

Well, Thartler did finish the mugging after all, but then... yeah. He (excuse me, while I roll the dice relative attack-defense... and have a 7 appear twice in a row, and in both...) just seems to have somewhat avoided the brunt of the sword, because how are you going to sneak, if you're looking to attack his face? He still gets injured because sneaking did factor a surprise element.
Thartler: "Kid, if you think you can strike with impunity... well, you're not in a right place."
He holds a serious look on the assaulter. The Dratini jumps and hisses at David, because bound to Thartler by Pokeball.
Thartler: "Let be quick there. You do the interrupting, I do the dirty fighting to faint you off."
Now his Dratini tried to use a some sort of paralyzing attack at David... not noticing that David's not a Pokemon, nor Hybrimon, but a normal trainer.

David: We'll see about that.
David jumps really high to avoid the Thunder Wave, and throws a few fireballs in order to hit both Thartler and Dratini.

OOC: There aren't really any stats in this RP, sooo... yeah. Don't even bother trying to factor how much damage attacks do.

OOC: I know about that.

For the logic that happened, Dratini didn't take that big beating, because of it being dragon-type. Thartler seems to have disappeared in a bit in the fireballs... just to Dratini to coil and leap at David. To use move Wrap on him.
Thartler: "You would think I'd get seared by the fire... nothing more satisfying than to taunt you that you could've just tried harder." - His tone seems to be insulting, yet calm considering the assault he's experiencing and the unnatural agility of David... he might be suspecting David is a gijinka, not a real human.
(Gijinka - Thartler's term for a human with strange powers, matching those of Hybrimon and Pokemon.)

Back
Top Bottom