Blocks & Decoration Poles, hang those banners with style! [with sprites]

Do you want?

• Total voters
As I said earlier, banners and any other “hanging” furniture.
I was referring to 'sides, bottoms, and tops'. A table can support a candle on the top of the object, a support a torch on the side, and(with exception to this suggestion) nothing on it's bottom.

you should also add it where sometimes the banners would actually blow in the wind! it would check if it is in a home and if not it would blow in the wind every once in a while.

I'd say this is a pretty valid suggestion to make more noticed again, because as of 1.3, one ends up with mob banners in overflow. To further explain why this is a better idea now than what it was before, is that placing banners require solid blocks, which is highly inefficient for arena builders, who mostly prefer platforms as a means of walking on, and therefor not making it worth the buff one gets from placing specific mob banners down in the 1.3 update. The point is, I'd suggest that, for any person who reads this, it would be for the better of Terraria if we got this to the attention of the developers, as it is such a minor addition, that does so much for the new banner mechanics in 1.3

My reasoning might not have been that well developed, nor that logical(as I am pretty tired while writing this), but I believe the point is fairly clear, that we need a place to place our banners, which does not result in Terrarians having to make grids of blocks so that the buff banners can give the buff one desires, only to have the grid of banners block their path, in an otherwise preferably open arena.

To further explain why this is a better idea now than what it was before, is that placing banners require solid blocks, which is highly inefficient for arena builders, who mostly prefer platforms as a means of walking on, and therefor not making it worth the buff one gets from placing specific mob banners down in the 1.3 update.
For your 1.3 arenas you can hammer the platform into a half-platform and place the banner on it that way. It's a hassle and I'd much prefer not having to hammer, but it's a nice compromise for now to get those banners into the arena without having to placed them on a solid block.

For your 1.3 arenas you can hammer the platform into a half-platform and place the banner on it that way. It's a hassle and I'd much prefer not having to hammer, but it's a nice compromise for now to get those banners into the arena without having to placed them on a solid block.
Aw, sweet! I didn't know this!

Please poles.

I think the crafting recipe for iron poles is a little under powered. Maybe it could make 10 instead of 4? And, when Golden Poles are in your inventory, the Merchant should sell them at 25 silver apiece.

I think the crafting recipe for iron poles is a little under powered. Maybe it could make 10 instead of 4? And, when Golden Poles are in your inventory, the Merchant should sell them at 25 silver apiece.
It's identical to iron fences

and I don't know about the gold pole thing, considering all the other pirate furniture is exclusive (and not that hard to grind for)

It's identical to iron fences

and I don't know about the gold pole thing, considering all the other pirate furniture is exclusive (and not that hard to grind for)
Didn't know that about iron fences. Also, I thought that the droprate for the other furniture items was higher. You learn something new every day!

Okay, so I have HUGE support for this suggestion. The idea, sprites, EVERYTHING! Keep up the good work!

Oh, and @Cenx please!

index.php

So, it's me again, time for my third suggestion!

So, I like banners a lot. But it always bothered me that you had to hang them on a block. While this is cool and all, that means they look a bit out of place outside. But I want my banners outside in the field, blowing in the breeze!

Enter poles:
(sprites by me)

View attachment 11226

Pole
Type: Furniture
Placeable: Yes
Dimensions: 1x1
Max Stack: 999
Use Time: 14
Tool: pickaxe

Crafted with:

Iron_Bar.png
/
Lead_Bar.png
x1
at a Iron/lead anvil

Makes: View attachment 11226 x4

View attachment 11227

Wood Poles (cuz why not?)

Crafted with their respected wood types at a workbench. Still makes four

View attachment 11225

Golden Pole

20-40 0.33% drop from pirates

So what does it do? Poles count as a special type of furniture item that can be placed in a similar manner to blocks.
Hammering them changes the way the pole looks (like platforms).

Pole Sprites:

View attachment 11048

Now, here's the cool part. Banners can be placed on these poles when there is a 1x3 space available beneath the selected pole. The banner would hang off the pole placed. Also works with any other hanging type furniture (lanterns).

Here's an example:

View attachment 11049

An example for what it may look like in game:

View attachment 11050

Sweet right? This could also be used in many other ways. Intricate fencing? Decorative ladders? Antennae? You name it!

Later, I might add flags too, because why not.

Feel free to comment. Constructive criticism is very welcome!

Support banner below

Code:
[URL=http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/poles-hang-those-banners-with-style-with-sprites.5672/][IMG]http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/poles-png.28690/[/IMG][/URL]
I can make a mod for that if you give me the sprites

Back
Top Bottom