• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Polish translations mistakes and bugs.

Anthony Slyck

Duke Fishron
There's some mistranslations here, but they're funny, too.

I'll list some:

Dirt Block - Blok Kurzu (correct: Blok Ziemi)
Nurse: Piguła (Correct: Pielęgniarka)

I don't know rest, so maybe you'll help me?

Leinfors

Quality Assurance
Staff member
Re-Logic
Remember that with fantasy/made-up terms like chlorophyte, there isn't a set standard to follow in terms of keeping things identical to the original. "Different" is not necessarily bad in this case, as long as the point is gotten across.

Ziem

Spazmatism
There's some mistranslations here, but they're funny, too.

I'll list some:

Dirt Block - Blok Kurzu (correct: Blok Ziemi)
Nurse: Piguła (Correct: Pielęgniarka)

I don't know rest, so maybe you'll help me?
Actually dirt is technically kurz, but Polish people got used to calling it ziemia..
[doublepost=1492628857,1492628781][/doublepost]
Remember that with fantasy/made-up terms like chlorophyte, there isn't a set standard to follow in terms of keeping things identical to the original. "Different" is not necessarily bad in this case, as long as the point is gotten across.
If I'm not mistaken, chlorophyte is a real thing - it is chlorofil in Polish.

Leinfors

Quality Assurance
Staff member
Re-Logic
Seems like a reasonable translation to me. We didn't mandate that the translations be 100% word-to-word, if an appropriate (but correct) translation could be provided.

Leinfors

Quality Assurance
Staff member
Re-Logic
We are definitely interested in relaying major translation issues to the translation team, and we have already provided these threads (though its probably too soon to expect results).

So your contributions are very appreciated, for as long as you seek to share them. :)

maciejk1221

Duke Fishron
1. Okay. Sooo... : Achievements: No Hobo: "NPC" is translated to "BN", this is word that isn't need to be translated. Real Estate Agent: another BN. Bulldozer: tiles, in this case in Polish means blocks, so "bloków" is correct. Rest of them are just funny and don't need to be corrected or are already here. I will post more mistakes tomorrow. Uhhh... "Płytek" is wrong word for translate, but i can't think of any and it's used so many times; Maybe "pól" would fit better but it also means field in English.

Last edited:

Dejv

Terrarian
from facebook:
""trudny" in Polish doesn't mean hardcore. Just leave hardcore. In every game, where hardcore is, there no translation for this word."
"other one... "Księżycowy Władca"(moonlord)
"Księżycowy" means moonly. It's should be "Pan Księżyca" or "Władca Księżyca""

next one...

Zbirekin (reaver shark) => ???
Kalawosze (lava wanders) => ???
Bajkowy armor etc. (hallowed armor etc.)( who's translated this one?!) => Święty
Pszczał (queen bee's knees) => Ukąszenie Królowej Pszczół
Zepsute Nasiona ( Corrupt Seeds) => its should be Nasiona Zepsucia, because "zepsute" means broken
Nietrwały ( Consumable) => jednorazowe/zużywalne (prefer second one)

and more... (later)

Last edited:

Wiktoryk

Terrarian
from facebook:
""trudny" in Polish doesn't mean hardcore. Just leave hardcore. In every game, where hardcore is, there no translation for this word."
"other one... "Księżycowy Władca"(moonlord)
"Księżycowy" means moonly. It's should be "Pan Księżyca" or "Władca Księżyca""

next one...

Zbirekin (reaver shark) => ???
Kalawosze (lava wanders) => ???
Bajkowy armor etc. (hallowed armor etc.)( who's translate this one?!) => Święty
Zepsute Nasiona ( Corrupt Seeds) => its should be Nasiona Zepsucia, because "zepsute" means broken
Nietrwały ( Consumable) => jednorazowe/zużywalne (prefer second one)

and more... (later)
Zbirekin -> rekin rozbójnik(word to word translation)

Bezixx

The Destroyer
I usually don't go with Polish translation in games, especially that it's actually a lot easier to find stuff when it's in English language and it sounds better to me. But after reading this thread I might check out problems with the former.
Zielenica is correct.
https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zielenice
"Zielenice (Chlorophyta)"
Well, it actually is, since Chlorophyte is based on a real thing ( which you even linked ) and made a lot more fantasy-like.
It's popular to use "hardkor" in Polish, so we could go with that one or just leave "hardcore".
Believe me or not, it's actually hard to find accurate translation for idioms.
Actually it would mean "Nasiona Spaczenia" since "Corruption" literally means "Spaczenie".
Change trapdoor from drzwi-pułapka to zapadnia
This kinda sounds like thrown into translator, also "trapdoor" would be better off with "klapa". "Zapadnia" actually means a slightly different thing.

maciejk1221

Duke Fishron
Minor fixes: there are items like: Adamantite Bar and Titanium Bar, one of them is translate to Bar of Titanium (Sztabka z Tytanu and Adamantytowa Sztabka), there are more mistakes like this, for bars, pickaxes, axes, swords etc.; there are also translation to Hamaxes, like "Adamantytowy topór wojenny" and "Topór wojenny z orichalcum", one of them is translate to Hamaxe from Orichalcum, there are more of this kind of mistakes, for items and dyes too; there is too much of it to write them all.

Top Bottom