1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.
    Dismiss Notice

Polished Glass Wall

Discussion in 'Items' started by TheWorfer27, Aug 15, 2019.

1. TheWorfer27

TheWorfer27 Retinazer

The polished glass wall would be crafted with 1 glass wall at water or a sink. It has the property of being perfectly clear/invisible. Because I'm not evil, it does not have a block equivalent. For convenience of placing, it will appear with a red tint while holding polished glass walls. The reason behind this idea is that mobs do not spawn in front of player placed walls, giving a way to pacify an area without ruining its looks.

2. Baconfry

Baconfry Terrarian

Blocking spawn is a pretty useful function, but I think I would use this for the aesthetics, such as for sharpening the edges of outdoor walls. Walls that border empty space will stick out into that space a bit, so it would be very cool if we had a way to cut it back.

3. MadmanLava

MadmanLava Spazmatism

I would add an option to make its visibility a toggle, but otherwise perfect. Also baconfry is right, a wall-sharpening tool would be very useful

TheWorfer27 likes this.
  4. TheWorfer27

TheWorfer27 Retinazer

I thought the wall holding would be enough, but I suppose it wouldn't work for hammering. A toggle is probably the best option for this.

5. WyattRodebaugh

WyattRodebaugh Skeletron Prime

How would the glass look like?

6. ppowersteef

ppowersteef Paladin

If the reason is only to prevent mob spawns, then I think there should be an easier method/item that should do that.

Otherwise, I'm up for it for other possible uses like Baconfry said.

7. Laluzi

Laluzi Skeletron

Yeah, I'd be really into this for the ability to cut off protruding wall edges. I could see spawn-blocking having uses if you were to make an underground/hell base, but for the most part, it's the aesthetic possibilities that lure me.

For example, you can place a gemspark wall behind a block to illuminate it from the back, creating structures that are visible at night or obscured by other tiles between them and a light source. You can also use this to create the illusion of three-dimensional shading, if you're very precise. But doing this on the outermost edges of a structure leaves the edges of the gemspark walls visible, which looks pretty terrible. Same deal with putting a wall behind glass or confetti blocks. A proper invisible wall would solve that problem neatly.

8. TheWorfer27

TheWorfer27 Retinazer

It would be invisible. That's the point.

9. Mental Mouse

Mental Mouse Terrarian

Just have the red tint appear while holding either one of the walls, or a hammer/hamaxe.

TheWorfer27 likes this.
  10. Omega Derpling

Omega Derpling Spazmatism

I need this so badly, I'm building a map right now and having to use glass and gemsparks behind everywhere there isn't supposed to be enemies is getting so tiresome...