Portfolio/Multi-Topic Polishing the already existent.

azekill_DIABLO

Eye of Cthulhu
Terraria is a lovely game. Unlike many games, each update brought something interesting in term of content and without breaking the game's magic. If you can feel the nostalagia of the old days, you can actually revive the same experiences with the actual game. Terraria, unlike many other games (especially minecraft) didn't lose it's charm. And that for one simple reason: devs prioritized quality over quantity.

When I see all the new content requests, I see many good ideas but I also see the risk of the game's soul disappearing. That's why I'd like to create a thread about improving the already existent features instead of adding new stuff. If you wish you can post all the ideas that come to your mind about polishing already ingame stuff... :pinky:

I'm a bit confused, I think Terraria very clearly prioritized quantity over quality in many cases and that this has negatively impacted the game to an extent. Not as badly as Minecraft though.

I totally understand your feeling. That's why I think no new stuff should be added to the game for a long time and that devs should polish the game. Many small details and mechanisms can make the difference. But i do think the events thing are badly implemented when it comes to frost moon/ Halloween one.

+1 to flails and 1.3.6

For my part most changes are related to NPCs and AI. First of all NPC should be much smarter and aware of their environnement. And they shall feel a bit more lively too.

I also have changes for bosses that feel too easy or weak. But I'll post this later.

A thread bout this was necromanced recently, I suggest you to look at it. Terraria Overhaul Shortsword is the way to go.

About my earlier suggestions let me detail a bit.

I'd like NPCs to be improved a lot more: they should really change Equipment during hardmode, be smarter than mobs and shall stop opening the door when there's 30 mobs behind. They should really evolve in time alongside the player and other NPCs. They could have a bit of backstory. I also think neutral NPCs and towns should spawn on the map. Only a few of them, like an old house/tower, 2 lonely houses with some loot and a small town with an actual mine and activity but guards that keep you from stealing.

Some bosses should be buffed: BoC, King Slime and really Golem (totally dumbest boss, he's the only one that gets trapped and cannot escape/attack you when so. Even King Slime has a TP move that can take you offguard).

Mini bosses should be real fights: The Groom/The Bride could spawn simultaneously on each side of the player and attack you at the same time… Eyezor could be more epic with a smarter AI (c'mon he has a giant eye and he must be smarter than the average zombie to shoot lazers). Wyverns could have two phases, or a ranged attack dealing no KB but slow debuff (like a dragon breath). Arch harpies could be introduced to spice space up.

Pinky should be funnier to fight too, maybe also being the only slime you can choose not to fight and actually interact with (imagine a pinky NPC after you threw purification powder at it, it would be absolutly Glorious and derpy)

About my earlier suggestions let me detail a bit.

I'd like NPCs to be improved a lot more: they should really change Equipment during hardmode, be smarter than mobs and shall stop opening the door when there's 30 mobs behind. They should really evolve in time alongside the player and other NPCs. They could have a bit of backstory. I also think neutral NPCs and towns should spawn on the map. Only a few of them, like an old house/tower, 2 lonely houses with some loot and a small town with an actual mine and activity but guards that keep you from stealing.

Some bosses should be buffed: BoC, King Slime and really Golem (totally dumbest boss, he's the only one that gets trapped and cannot escape/attack you when so. Even King Slime has a TP move that can take you offguard).

Mini bosses should be real fights: The Groom/The Bride could spawn simultaneously on each side of the player and attack you at the same time… Eyezor could be more epic with a smarter AI (c'mon he has a giant eye and he must be smarter than the average zombie to shoot lazers). Wyverns could have two phases, or a ranged attack dealing no KB but slow debuff (like a dragon breath). Arch harpies could be introduced to spice space up.

Pinky should be funnier to fight too, maybe also being the only slime you can choose not to fight and actually interact with (imagine a pinky NPC after you threw purification powder at it, it would be absolutly Glorious and derpy)
These are polishes are neat. But I think wyverns are OP enough without a ranged attack or a second form.

Back
Top Bottom