[Poll] Question for Rangers: what bullets and guns do you prefer to use in the endgame?

Which bullets do you prefer in the endgame?

• Ichor Bullets

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Crystal Bullets

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • Chlorophyte Bullets

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Exploding Bullets

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Other (explain in your reply)

Votes: 7 14.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DicemanX

Brain of Cthulhu
Just curious what all you rangers using guns favor in the endgame. After a lot of testing I find I can beat most of the endgame bosses the fastest with a Chain Gun and Chlorophyte Bullets, but Exploding or Crystal Bullets might be even better for DPS if you can avoid missing too many shots.

Does anyone actually take the time to alternate Ichor Bullets with higher DPS bullets in their inventory to bring down defense before attacking with more damaging bullets?

Also, what is your gun of choice? The Chain Gun? The Tactical Shotgun? Something else?

I use Sniper Rifle with exploding bullets and chain gun with chlorophyte bullets and Pirhana gun

Crystal Bullets for me. The Chain Gun's spread is narrow enough that staying half a screen away from a boss-sized enemy can allow most, if not all bullets to hit. More points for a target that is approaching you constantly, which seems to be the case for most bosses. That way, the shards that emit away from the point of impact are less likely to be wasted.

I love using Crystal Bullets with the Tactical Shotty, as well. With maximized DPS [while sacrificing mobility and survivability], it's the only ranged bullet weapon capable of 1-shotting the EoC.

Last edited:
Tactical shotgun with crystal bullets and frost armor.
Even if you miss, you still hit the enemy!

I find that if you have to use Chlorophyte to hit something, you are probably too scared :red:less to remain in optimal range for hitting the bosses(barring the ice queen, because she's one nasty piece of work), even with something as wild as Chain Gun. My favorite two bullet types are definitely Crystal and Exploding.

On a side note, snowman cannon with Rocket III rules over mobs.

Ahh...the lovely sense of relief, waiting for some idiot to come along, and then you snipe them in 1 hit, with venom bullets if you are lucky or you snipe them with an ichor bullet, weakening there defense. Then brutally murdering them.

Crystal bullets, no questions asked. Or explosive bullets for the rare occasion that you can hit more than three enemies consecutively, or if you really can't be bothered to gather a few shards. Ichor bullets are just meh, never used them much. Not much reason to as they directly compete with the much more superior Crystal.

Until Terraria has a gun with a barrel the size of the bullet (Gatligator still works), you'd be wasting your time with Chlorophyte.

Advice in advance though, make sure you up your damage for Crystal bullets. It's mostly for the Megashark, because without damage boosts that thing has quite low base damage and the crystals won't hit double digits. The Tactical Shotgun/Chain Gun's base damage is high enough to avoid this problem.

The Chain Gun is good for bosses, though the Tactical Shotgun is much better in Alpha Damage (which has its most use with common mobs). Oh yeah, and knock-back too. Pair explosive up with the Tactical Shotty and it's essentially a rocket-propelled sledgehammer.

Advice in advance though, make sure you up your damage for Crystal bullets. It's mostly for the Megashark, because without damage boosts that thing has quite low base damage and the crystals won't hit double digits. The Tactical Shotgun/Chain Gun's base damage is high enough to avoid this problem.
At least it's not as low as the minishark, which you need to use until you beat the destroyer.

I love the Tsunami with Holy Arrows. It is hilarious to see stars rain everywhere! I also like the Candy Corn Rifle, Tactical Shotgun w/Chlorophyte/Crystal bullets, among others.

Crystal Bullets increase all fast shooting weapons DPSs by quite a ton under the right circumstances. This includes weapons with a high rate of projectiles per second such as shotguns, being an avid shotguns user myself. Refer to suweeka's post above.

At least it's not as low as the minishark, which you need to use until you beat the destroyer.

Why on Earth would you use the Minishark in hardmode as a whole? Phoenix Blaster does the job much, much better. Then we have the CAR, Uzi and Gatligator and lest we forget about repeaters that have very good base damage.

I prefer either Chlorophyte or Crystal Bullets, because you don't have to aim with both.

Personally, I aim very good with FPS's such as TF2 and CS: GO, but I'm a horrible aim in top-down and 2D games, such as DoTA 2 or Terraria. As such, it gets rid of the need to aim well or perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom