(Poll) What part of your play-through do you dislike the most?

Sixx

Spazmatism
Let's face it, no matter how much we may love terraria, there are aspects of each play through we dislike. Wether it be a boss we find incredibly annoying to fight, or an incredibly tedious task we groan over thought of.

Example. One my my friends HATES making a hellevator so much, that he always uses tedit for it. He doesn't use tedit for any other part of the game.

The one part of each play through I dislike, is sealing off the crimson/corruption, my base, the hallow, and jungle. It's incredibly tedious and (despite this being my fault) I probably go a little to excessive with it. It's all worth it in the end, but it's still a real thorn in my.... you get the point.

I dislike the extremely early game and the start of hardmode, where I need to do my best to try to get the corruption off my :mad: lawn.

When I have to make terrain preparations prior to fighting Wall of Flesh.
I literally just did this last night. I haven't played in a while so I started a large expert world for 1.3.5. Last night I finished my hellevator, went through every structure in hell and built my "hell walk" for WOF.

The annoyance of trying to build with imps, demons, bats and slimes attacking me every 5 seconds is what made me think of this lol.

Literally anything I feel forced to grind for. For instance, last night it probably took me two hours to find a damn voodoo demon so I could start hard mode on my thorium play through. I'm the pinnacle of impatience in all honesty.

I despise late easy mode and early hard mode. For easy mode its just the whole preparation for the WOF, and for hard mode its just the.. I don't know. The atmosphere of early hard-mode.. is just kinda boring. I don't know how to explain it.

Late Prehardmode is my least favorite because I have to prepare everything for hardmode. Getting tons of crates for hardmode ore (I don't break altars), Creating a few giant hellevators with walls taken out so corruption doesn't spread etc. It's a lot of work and build up for my favorite part of the playthrough.

early hardmode, it's just mining and mining, and then fight a boss and then more mining and mining (my friends always make me do the mining)

• Early easymode, early hardmode, and post-mechanical boss hardmode. Mining, mining, mining is boring, boring, boring.
• Having to dig up quarantines to prevent Corruption/Crimson from taking over your base, or completely voring a hapless Jungle.
• Fishing for crates to avoid the awful first mining segment of hardmode.
• Putting up with the Angler and relying on RNG to get the rewards you need to obtain the Cell Phone.
• Anything that requires grinding and grinding because of RNG, really.

Definitely searching for needed accessories - usually for making the lightning boots. Playing expert / hardcore, I don't consider it optional, and I've spent hours on worlds scouring for surface chests. It's the one time in my life where I resorted to a map viewer to find an Aglet. Similarly, waiting on the traveling merchant to have a lifeform detector, and/or finding the lost girl. That's less essential to progression, but still something I like to have done before moving onto hardmode.

If only the traveling merchant knew that I would pay upwards of 5 platinum for an Aglet... at times...

Let's face it, no matter how much we may love terraria, there are aspects of each play through we dislike. Wether it be a boss we find incredibly annoying to fight, or an incredibly tedious task we groan over thought of.

Example. One my my friends HATES making a hellevator so much, that he always uses tedit for it. He doesn't use tedit for any other part of the game.

The one part of each play through I dislike, is sealing off the crimson/corruption, my base, the hallow, and jungle. It's incredibly tedious and (despite this being my fault) I probably go a little to excessive with it. It's all worth it in the end, but it's still a real thorn in my.... you get the point.
I love pre hardmode, I have a lot of memories of it, however I must say I don't like the very first fresh spawn day, nor do I like the long ore mining bonanza after WoF

Sealing off the Crimson/Corruption/Hallow. The start of Hardmode is such a pain for this reason.

Grinding for the components of the Cell Phone and the Ankh Shield, searching for the Lihzard Temple after beating Plantera, and searching for early hardmode ores. The first one is annoying even with the "cheese" technique I use.

I hate starting off and having to find crystal hearts, it just takes so long.... im lazy.

Mostly these three things:
- exploring caves in early-game. That's because the pickaxes are rather slow in early pre-Hardmode.
- when events such as the Solar Eclipse or Blood Moon occur when you want to build something like your new base or some houses.
- enemies that can travel through walls and kill you in a cheap way, such as Granite Elementals.

Back
Top Bottom