[Poll] Your Starter Anime

What do you consider your Starter Anime?

• Dragonball

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Sailor Moon

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Death Note

• Naruto

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Bleach

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • One Piece

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Fairy Tail

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokemon

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • Yugioh

• Full Metal Alchemist

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Cardcaptor Sakura

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Sword Art Online

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Attack On Titan

• Other

Votes: 25 27.5%
  • Ranma 1/2

• Inuyasha

• Neon Genesis Evangelion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cowboy Bebop

• Code Geass

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Soul Eater

Votes: 4 4.4%

• Total voters
Cedie and Princess Sarah were technically my "first" anime, but I was a kid back then lol
Among the ones in the poll, Cardcaptor Sakura.
My real first anime is Clannad. Cried buckets.

My first anime was: BlazBlue alter memory.
it is an anime that is based on the game BlazBlue Continuum shift. it is my favorite anime.

My starter anime used to be Pokemon, but now, my life beat is Mythbusters. Yeah, if I had 2nd chance, then I would see every part of Pokemon. But as I grew,it changed. Now it is a golden Triangle of Hobbits, Terrarians and Mythbusters. Differences never changes.

My first ever anime was either Pokemon or Digimon, honestly not quite sure since I was like 5 at the time, but neither of those were what got me interested in watching other anime. Rather, it was only many years later when, at the urging of my sister and some other friends, I watched Toradora for the first time that I started taking an actual interest in anime. Ironically I wouldn't really say it's one of my favorites now, but it still has some nostalgic value for me because it was the anime that got me started.

Unlike many people, I didn't watch any anime at all in my (younger) childhood. Although I was somewhat aware what anime was for a while, I never heard anyone talk about it until a few years ago when some people I knew spent somewhere around a month or so talking about little else besides Attack on Titan. At the time, I really didn't care. I wasn't interested and and I thought I was never gonna watch it anyways, but it was nigh impossible to forget the name. A few years later, late spring of 2015 to be specific, my dad got a new job and I learned that I was moving away from what had been my home for the past 11 years. In late-summer of the same year, we had finished moving in and I really missed all my friends. Then one day when I was particularly sad and lonely, I thought, "Well, I think I'll try watching Attack on Titan, it's not as though I have much else to do". So I started watching. And I watched all of season 1 in about three days. After that, I thought I may as well try Sword Art Online (because those guys I mentioned earlier talked about it a bit). So I started watching SAO and I even stayed up all night one night to watch it.

So although I would definitely consider Attack on Titan to be my starter anime, Sword Art Online is responsible for making me learn a few things about myself. SAO taught me I could be emotional over something fictional and there are fictional characters in whom I can find no redeeming qualities (Sugou). AoT is what got me into anime and SAO is what made me stay.

Back
Top Bottom