tModLoader Portable Storage 2

Itorius

Skeletron Prime
aW24yvQ.png

Introducing Portable Storage 2!

A mod that provides you with a variety of bags and holders to store your items.
With 16+ different bags, holding different kinds of items and auto picking them when gathered, it will become difficult to have your inventory flooded by the various loot you can obtain.
From specific ammo holders, general all-purpose bags, containers for special items (like ores, potions, fishes, etc...) to the mighty black hole absorbing items in range and auto sorting them into corresponding bags.
Items inside bags can still be used for crafting and quick usage as if they were in the inventory.

Normal Bags
-Adventurer's Bag. Made with 12 leather. Can hold 18 stacks. Any item.
-Skeletal Bag. Bought from the Skeleton Merchant. Can hold 27 stacks. Any item.
-Faerie Bag. Made with 15 silk, 10 pixie dust and 7 light souls. Can hold 36 stacks. Any item.
-Capillary Bag. Made with 20 leather, 15 chlorophyte bars, 7 vines and 1 life fruit. Can hold 54 stacks. Any item.

Ammo Bags
-Ammo Pouch. Bought from the Merchant. Can hold 27 stacks. Misc Ammo (auto pickup).
-Arrow Quiver. Made with 8 leather and a string. Can hold 27 stacks. Arrows (auto pickup).
-Dart Holder. Bought from the Witch Doctor. Can hold 27 stacks. Darts (auto pickup).
-Fire-Proof Container. Bought from the Cyborg. Can hold 27 stacks. Explosives and Flammables (auto pickup).
-Magazine. Made with 10 iron bars and 10 obsidian. Can hold 27 stacks. Bullets (auto pickup).
-The Perfect Solution. Made with 10 glass, 7 hallowed bars and 5 souls of fright. Can hold 27 stacks. Solutions (auto pickup).
-Ninja's Arsenal Belt. Made with 3 iron chains and 1 ninja shirt. Can hold 9 stacks. Throwing items (auto pickup).

Special Bags
-Wallet. Bought from the Travelling Merchant. Can hold 4 stacks. Money (auto pickup).
-Miner's Backpack. Drop from Undead Miners. Can hold 18 stacks. Ores (auto pickup).
-Fishing Belt. Obtained from Iron and Golden Crates. Can hold 18 stacks. Rods, Baits and Fishing Loot (auto pickup).
-Alchemist's Bag. Made with 10 leather, 12 sturdy fossils and 1 alchemy table. Can hold 18 stacks and 63 stacks respectively, serves as an Alchemy Table. Potions and Alchemical Ingredients (auto pickup).
-Builder's Reserve. Made with 30 bones and an iron crate. Can hold 9 stacks. Blocks and walls (auto pickup). Alt+Left-Click to select what you want to place using it.
-The Black Hole. Made with 12 ectoplasm and a crystal ball. Can't hold items. Sucks in items around and places them into corresponding bags.

Download
The mod is available on the mod browser or for direct download on GitHub.
List of required dependencies: Base Library, Container Library, Fluid Library (all are available on the Mod Browser or through GitHub).

Credits
@Itorius - programming
@Zoomo - spriting
@orian34 - ideas, recipes, balancing, "funny texts", beta testing

Additional Links
Join us on our discord server!
View the source code that makes this mod tick!
Support the development of Portable Storage and my other mods on Patreon!

Last edited:
It's great to see an update full of features like this including those tiered general use bags, I hope quantum bags/chests and those quick inventory handling buttons come back later on.

• You should add the sprites to this page.
  • Will you be making a crimson counterpart for the Adventurer's Bag? (I usually play Corruption, but I'm just wondering).

It's great to see an update full of features like this including those tiered general use bags, I hope quantum bags/chests and those quick inventory handling buttons come back later on.
Quantum Storage will get released in a couple days.
  • You should add the sprites to this page.
  • Will you be making a crimson counterpart for the Adventurer's Bag? (I usually play Corruption, but I'm just wondering).
Next release will have a recipe to turn vertebrae to leather. I will also do a slight overhaul of this forum post with that release.

Portable Storage 2.1

Added Loot All and Deposit All functionality to bags
Couple improvements and bug fixes

Replying here to report a pretty big bug with all of the bags. "Deposit All" will deposit the bag itself as an item. Looting all then reopening the bag allows you to dupe items.

Also, depositing all then closing the bag will cause you to lose the bag and its contents forever!

Last edited:
Replying here to report a pretty big bug with all of the bags. "Deposit All" will deposit the bag itself as an item. Looting all then reopening the bag allows you to dupe items.

Also, depositing all then closing the bag will cause you to lose the bag and its contents forever!

I got a fix ready for that already.

aW24yvQ.png

Introducing Portable Storage 2!

A mod that provides you with a variety of bags and holders to store your items.
With 16+ different bags, holding different kinds of items and auto picking them when gathered, it will become difficult to have your inventory flooded by the various loot you can obtain.
From specific ammo holders, general all-purpose bags, containers for special items (like ores, potions, fishes, etc...) to the mighty black hole absorbing items in range and auto sorting them into corresponding bags.
Items inside bags can still be used for crafting and quick usage as if they were in the inventory.

Normal Bags
-Adventurer's Bag. Made with 12 leather. Can hold 18 stacks. Any item.
-Skeletal Bag. Bought from the Skeleton Merchant. Can hold 27 stacks. Any item.
-Faerie Bag. Made with 15 silk, 10 pixie dust and 7 light souls. Can hold 36 stacks. Any item.
-Capillary Bag. Made with 20 leather, 15 chlorophyte bars, 7 vines and 1 life fruit. Can hold 54 stacks. Any item.

Ammo Bags
-Ammo Pouch. Bought from the Merchant. Can hold 27 stacks. Misc Ammo (auto pickup).
-Arrow Quiver. Made with 8 leather and a string. Can hold 27 stacks. Arrows (auto pickup).
-Dart Holder. Bought from the Witch Doctor. Can hold 27 stacks. Darts (auto pickup).
-Fire-Proof Container. Bought from the Cyborg. Can hold 27 stacks. Explosives and Flammables (auto pickup).
-Magazine. Made with 10 iron bars and 10 obsidian. Can hold 27 stacks. Bullets (auto pickup).
-The Perfect Solution. Made with 10 glass, 7 hallowed bars and 5 souls of fright. Can hold 27 stacks. Solutions (auto pickup).
-Ninja's Arsenal Belt. Made with 3 iron chains and 1 ninja shirt. Can hold 9 stacks. Throwing items (auto pickup).

Special Bags
-Wallet. Bought from the Travelling Merchant. Can hold 4 stacks. Money (auto pickup).
-Miner's Backpack. Drop from Undead Miners. Can hold 18 stacks. Ores (auto pickup).
-Fishing Belt. Obtained from Iron and Golden Crates. Can hold 18 stacks. Rods, Baits and Fishing Loot (auto pickup).
-Alchemist's Bag. Made with 10 leather, 12 sturdy fossils and 1 alchemy table. Can hold 18 stacks and 63 stacks respectively, serves as an Alchemy Table. Potions and Alchemical Ingredients (auto pickup).
-Builder's Reserve. Made with 30 bones and an iron crate. Can hold 9 stacks. Blocks and walls (auto pickup). Alt+Left-Click to select what you want to place using it.
-The Black Hole. Made with 12 ectoplasm and a crystal ball. Can't hold items. Sucks in items around and places them into corresponding bags.

Download
The mod is available on the mod browser or for direct download on GitHub.
List of required dependencies: Base Library, Container Library, Fluid Library (all are available on the Mod Browser or through GitHub).

Credits

@Itorius - programming
@Zoomo - spriting
@orian34 - ideas, recipes, balancing, "funny texts", beta testing

Additional Links
Join us on our discord server!
View the source code that makes this mod tick!
Support the development of Portable Storage and my other mods on Patreon!
Bows won't fire if arrows are in quiver, when overhaul is installed.

The most recent update seems to have caused an issue somewhere. After updating, my character defaulted to a vanilla start (100 hp and 0 mp) until I disabled the mod and my character returned to normal. It's not a huge deal because I had little in my bag but since I can't roll back the version of the mod I can't use it for the time being.

The most recent update seems to have caused an issue somewhere. After updating, my character defaulted to a vanilla start (100 hp and 0 mp) until I disabled the mod and my character returned to normal. It's not a huge deal because I had little in my bag but since I can't roll back the version of the mod I can't use it for the time being.
I think I know what's the issue but can you post the client.log file here?

I've got a bit of a bug with the Fishing Belt. It seems to break whenever shift-clicking or looting all. When you shift-click or press Loot All, the game freezes and loops the "pfft" sound effect when you pick up an item. I tried this without any other mods, and this still occurred. Any help would be appreciated, thank you in advance.

I've got a bit of a bug with the Fishing Belt. It seems to break whenever shift-clicking or looting all. When you shift-click or press Loot All, the game freezes and loops the "pfft" sound effect when you pick up an item. I tried this without any other mods, and this still occurred. Any help would be appreciated, thank you in advance.
Fixed in the latest update.

A couple of notes:
  • I want the same sort of transparency as the vanilla inventory. In the current state the bags stand out greatly.
  • Any plans to make a general ammunition bag? As i don't need 27 stacks of arrows or bullets, i would like a single bag to hold and auto pickup any ammo.
  • When playing with Overhaul i got my character reset. After like 3 hours of playtime it was a default character, with the same name, and curiously, 0 mana and 100 hp. And no playtime. And using the Cheat Sheet i tried restarting but my newer characters (that i have given most of the items i lost) also got reset after loging out. Skim-reading, others don't seem to have much problems like that, so i think it's to do with the miner's bag. And yes, it is a problem with the portable storage, as after i disabled it, i got my characters back!
  • Also, a dupe i found: Imgur

Back
Top Bottom