tModLoader Portable Storage 2

What do you think about this?

High-cap mag - default recipe - 2-3 slots.
Carrying vest - Buccaneer tunic + 4-6 High-cap mags - from 8-12 to 12-18 slots accordingly.

It will make a bit more balanced and will have a pre-hardmode - hardmode upgrade.
I reduced the capacity to 9 slots but there are no plans of adding additional items.

With this mod, if you right-click to open a portable storage item, it re-opens each time you open your inventory or a container. However, I found a bug with this behavior: if you sell a portable storage item while it is opened, it will continue to re-open each time you open your inventory, even after closing the merchant window.

I have not tested whether or not you can still add or remove items from the sold storage item, though I suspect that either the contents will be wiped or the game will crash due to a null reference exception or something.

With this mod, if you right-click to open a portable storage item, it re-opens each time you open your inventory or a container. However, I found a bug with this behavior: if you sell a portable storage item while it is opened, it will continue to re-open each time you open your inventory, even after closing the merchant window.

I have not tested whether or not you can still add or remove items from the sold storage item, though I suspect that either the contents will be wiped or the game will crash due to a null reference exception or something.
Noted.

can you make it so items automatically stack in the bag? so if u have a bag with cobweb in ur inventory, and u pick up more cobweb, it goes in the bag.

can you make it so items automatically stack in the bag? so if u have a bag with cobweb in ur inventory, and u pick up more cobweb, it goes in the bag.
The Black Hole automatically puts items inside bags, but it always puts it in the first available bag.

Issues I've found:
-Portable Storage breaks when you sleep in Terraria Overhaul's Bed. Overhaul skips the night. In the morning the bags don't open, causing you to close out of Terraria and re-open it for the bags to open.
-In Thorium/Overhaul (one of those, most likely -Haul) the Ninja Arsenal Belt freezes you in place, vanity comes off, not being able to use items but also being invincible, enemies phase through you and cannot damage you.
Is it possible to make more Overhaul compatibility? or should I ask Mirsario (overhaul's main dev)?
(Increased health is from Leveled Mod)

Attachments

• Screenshot (349).png
    Screenshot (349).png
    1 MB · Views: 285
Issues I've found:
-Portable Storage breaks when you sleep in Terraria Overhaul's Bed. Overhaul skips the night. In the morning the bags don't open, causing you to close out of Terraria and re-open it for the bags to open.
-In Thorium/Overhaul (one of those, most likely -Haul) the Ninja Arsenal Belt freezes you in place, vanity comes off, not being able to use items but also being invincible, enemies phase through you and cannot damage you.
Is it possible to make more Overhaul compatibility? or should I ask Mirsario (overhaul's main dev)?
Bed sleeping is already fixed on Overhaul's end next update

Issues I've found:
Send me the client.log (in C:\Users\user\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Logs on Windows)

As for Overhaul compatibility it is really up to Mirsario to add the method that would allow me to add stuff like Quick Action to bags.

It seems like this mod is crashing my game upon exiting the mod browser. It's not that big of a deal to me personally, since it's not too hard for me to launch the game again, but I thought you would like to know. I'm not sure what the problem is or if it's your mod vs my system, but here's the tail end of the log, from the point I exit the mod browser: hastebin

I'm using tModLoader FNA, if it makes a difference.

May I suggest a few balancing changes?
  • The Adventurer's Bag could be sold by the Merchant after an early major progression point, such as beating EoC or EoW/BoC. 12 leather might not seem much at first, but when you realize that actually means 60 rotten flesh/vertebra, which only have a 33% chance of dropping... the grinding feels a bit more real. And all that for a very small increase in storage space. Changing it to be easily available in a shop would feel more fitting in my opinion, especially because of that small storage space.
  • The Skeletal Bag, however, could be changed to having a crafting recipe including bones, locking it to post-Skeletron. As things are right now, you either find a Skeleton Merchant and buy all bags from him as you'll ever want for the best pre-hardmode option, or get an unlucky streak and never finding him, needing to resort to the leather grind. Making it a rare time-limited sale like the Magic Lantern on top of the crafting recipe could also help with making things more interesting.
  • The Miner's Backpack is way too rare due to being a rare drop from a rare mob. I don't mind the idea of it being a drop, but I believe the drop rate could be increased to 25% or so. Also, it would be nice if it had better mod compatibility (either hardcoded or through adding custom entries in a config), and I don't see why gemstones shouldn't be auto-picked up by it either.
The other bags either feel balanced enough, or I haven't played enough with them to give an input like these.
Great job on the mod rework, by the way - despite these few balancing points that have bothered me a bit, the tiered progression feels satisfying (I admit that I loved the easy 54 slots from PS1 but maybe it was a bit way too easy) and the specialized bags also have improved a good bit since the first version of the mod.

May I suggest a few balancing changes?
  • The Adventurer's Bag could be sold by the Merchant after an early major progression point, such as beating EoC or EoW/BoC. 12 leather might not seem much at first, but when you realize that actually means 60 rotten flesh/vertebra, which only have a 33% chance of dropping... the grinding feels a bit more real. And all that for a very small increase in storage space. Changing it to be easily available in a shop would feel more fitting in my opinion, especially because of that small storage space.
  • The Skeletal Bag, however, could be changed to having a crafting recipe including bones, locking it to post-Skeletron. As things are right now, you either find a Skeleton Merchant and buy all bags from him as you'll ever want for the best pre-hardmode option, or get an unlucky streak and never finding him, needing to resort to the leather grind. Making it a rare time-limited sale like the Magic Lantern on top of the crafting recipe could also help with making things more interesting.
  • The Miner's Backpack is way too rare due to being a rare drop from a rare mob. I don't mind the idea of it being a drop, but I believe the drop rate could be increased to 25% or so. Also, it would be nice if it had better mod compatibility (either hardcoded or through adding custom entries in a config), and I don't see why gemstones shouldn't be auto-picked up by it either.
The other bags either feel balanced enough, or I haven't played enough with them to give an input like these.
Great job on the mod rework, by the way - despite these few balancing points that have bothered me a bit, the tiered progression feels satisfying (I admit that I loved the easy 54 slots from PS1 but maybe it was a bit way too easy) and the specialized bags also have improved a good bit since the first version of the mod.
Thanks for the feedback, I will definitely look into balancing some of the bags. There is a way to add mod compatibility but it is aimed at other modders adding support for PS2 (which is still a "small" mod so I suppose they don't care :p) so I will either add support from my end or add a config-esque file to allow users to add it.

Is this mod (and its dependencies) being updated for tModLoader v0.11.5?

[14:51:05] [31/ERROR] [tML]: An error occurred while loading BaseLibrary
It has been detected that this mod was built for tModLoader v0.11.4
However, you are using tModLoader v0.11.5
The mod(s) have been automatically been disabled.
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at BaseLibrary.Hooking.Load() in BaseLibrary\Hooking\Hooking.cs:line 35
at BaseLibrary.BaseLibrary.Load() in BaseLibrary.cs:line 39
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.<>c.<Load>b__39_0(Mod mod)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.LoadModContent(CancellationToken token, Action`1 loadAction)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.Load(CancellationToken token)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.Load(CancellationToken token)
[14:51:05] [31/INFO] [tML]: Disabling Mod: BaseLibrary
[14:51:22] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Process.Start (UseShellExecute = True): "C:\Users\jmrowca\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Logs\client.log"

Is this mod (and its dependencies) being updated for tModLoader v0.11.5?

[14:51:05] [31/ERROR] [tML]: An error occurred while loading BaseLibrary
It has been detected that this mod was built for tModLoader v0.11.4
However, you are using tModLoader v0.11.5
The mod(s) have been automatically been disabled.
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at BaseLibrary.Hooking.Load() in BaseLibrary\Hooking\Hooking.cs:line 35
at BaseLibrary.BaseLibrary.Load() in BaseLibrary.cs:line 39
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.<>c.<Load>b__39_0(Mod mod)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.LoadModContent(CancellationToken token, Action`1 loadAction)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.Load(CancellationToken token)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.Load(CancellationToken token)
[14:51:05] [31/INFO] [tML]: Disabling Mod: BaseLibrary
[14:51:22] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Process.Start (UseShellExecute = True): "C:\Users\jmrowca\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Logs\client.log"
Expect an update today

The fairy satchel bag is causing XNA issues for me. currently testing potential fixes client-sided but since not much people are posting here, I'd thought I make a mention for now. will post again if I do find a fix.
will note that I'm not sure if it's an item in the bag causing an issue or that specific bag's UI itself. just started occuring and will post more soon (will screenshot if it occurs again)
Editing to mention it's an issue with alchemist satchel
1571147349417.png

This happens every time I open the Alchemist Satchel
Also should mention Tmod is v0.11.5 and the Portable bags is the latest version from mod browser.
The problem is occuring as of last hour and not after I updated it 4 hours after it was updated in mod browser.
It occurs even without other mods (as stand-alone) but will mention mods used that worked with it anyways (no changes to any of the mods prior or after issues)
Active mods:

AlchemistNPCLite
BaseLibrary
BossChecklist
CalamityMod
CalamityModMusic
Census
ClamExtraMusic
ContainerLibrary
FixPickups
FluidLibrary
MagicStorage
MaxStackExtra
PortableStorage
RecipeBrowser
UpgradedAccessories
VeinMiner
WingSlot.
These functioned on a dedicated multiplayer server and solo. now both are plagued by the problem for myself in solo and the users of my server.
Hope the details helped.

Last edited:
I've noticed a very problematic bug with the alchemy bag. Every time I try to open it, the game crashes. Every other bag works fine, but this one is causing problems.
I'm not sure what could be wrong with it, and it's infuriating.

The fairy satchel bag is causing XNA issues for me. currently testing potential fixes client-sided but since not much people are posting here, I'd thought I make a mention for now. will post again if I do find a fix.
will note that I'm not sure if it's an item in the bag causing an issue or that specific bag's UI itself. just started occuring and will post more soon (will screenshot if it occurs again)
Editing to mention it's an issue with alchemist satchel
View attachment 228501
This happens every time I open the Alchemist Satchel
Also should mention Tmod is v0.11.5 and the Portable bags is the latest version from mod browser.
The problem is occuring as of last hour and not after I updated it 4 hours after it was updated in mod browser.
It occurs even without other mods (as stand-alone) but will mention mods used that worked with it anyways (no changes to any of the mods prior or after issues)
Active mods:

AlchemistNPCLite
BaseLibrary
BossChecklist
CalamityMod
CalamityModMusic
Census
ClamExtraMusic
ContainerLibrary
FixPickups
FluidLibrary
MagicStorage
MaxStackExtra
PortableStorage
RecipeBrowser
UpgradedAccessories
VeinMiner
WingSlot.
These functioned on a dedicated multiplayer server and solo. now both are plagued by the problem for myself in solo and the users of my server.
Hope the details helped.
I've noticed a very problematic bug with the alchemy bag. Every time I try to open it, the game crashes. Every other bag works fine, but this one is causing problems.
I'm not sure what could be wrong with it, and it's infuriating.
Provide client.log files

On Windows: %userprofile%/Documents/My games/Terraria/ModLoader/Logs
On Linux: ~/.local/share/Terraria/ModLoader/Logs
On Mac: ~/Library/Application support/Terraria/ModLoader/Logs

Here, give these a look

Attachments

• 2019-07-24-39.zip
    123.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 2019-07-24-40.zip
    115.7 KB · Views: 109
  • client.log
    192.9 KB · Views: 111