tModLoader Portable Storage 2

I don't know the cause but both the miners bag and the wallet re-fill themselves. I empty one, close and re-open and then its still got the items.

I've also noticed that taking the magic mirror from the adventurers bag, using it and then immediately placing it bak in the bag will dupe the mirror.

I can't install this mod, despite the fact that i have this mod in my mod browser, i can't find the dependencies, where am i supposed to get them?
i tried downloading the github projects as ZIP and build the mod myself with the mod source option, but failed doing so

I can't install this mod, despite the fact that i have this mod in my mod browser, i can't find the dependencies, where am i supposed to get them?
i tried downloading the github projects as ZIP and build the mod myself with the mod source option, but failed doing so
If you click "Download with dependencies" in the Mod Browser it will get them for you. Else you need to download Base Library, Container Library and Fluid Library.

What does 'The Perfect Solution ' store? I've crafted it and it's in my inventory but nothing goes into it. Maybe I'm not far enough into the game? Anyway, what is supposed to go into it?

The black hole seemly can break your server... after using it a few times ALL items on my server started to de-spawn imediatelly upon being dropped... cue lots of people with suddenly deleted items when they accidentally right-clicked while holding them or something...

The only player using the black hole was me (that was admin). After restarting server it worked fine... didn't dared turn on black hole again to see if it would screw things up again.

What does 'The Perfect Solution ' store? I've crafted it and it's in my inventory but nothing goes into it. Maybe I'm not far enough into the game? Anyway, what is supposed to go into it?
It stores solutions, as the name says :p
Itt's for the clentaminator.

The black hole seemly can break your server... after using it a few times ALL items on my server started to de-spawn imediatelly upon being dropped... cue lots of people with suddenly deleted items when they accidentally right-clicked while holding them or something...

The only player using the black hole was me (that was admin). After restarting server it worked fine... didn't dared turn on black hole again to see if it would screw things up again.
It probably collected the items into your bags but the visuals didn't work. Will investigate.

It stores solutions, as the name says :p
Itt's for the clentaminator.

Thanks @orian. I was not aware those were called solutions. Guess I should have figured it out, since it's listed under 'Ammo Bags'. At least now I know. Thank you again. Much appreciated.

Hello. I've been using this mod for a week or so and am really loving it. However, I recently noticed an issue. When I have the black hole enabled, it collecting a health heart or a mana star will reset the value of that stat to the vanilla game's cap. I'm using Calamity and I'm fairly near the endgame, so I have 780 hp and 500 mana. If I have the black hole enabled and it collects a heart, my hp goes down to 500 if it's currently above that. If it collect a star, my mana goes to 200. It took some time for me to realise the black hole was the issue, but I've tested for a while and it definitely is the problem. I took off armour and accessories to put my stats as close to the vanilla cap as possible (575 hp, 320 mana), and I was still lowered to the vanilla values on any heart/star pickup. Disabling the blackhole stops this from happening with any setup I tried. Having no bag in my inventory while still having the black hole enabled however, allows it to function properly. One thing I did notice whle testing is that hearts spawned by the heart statue didn't behave this way, even when the black hole was enabled.

This seems like something that could be caused due to interactions with other mods I have, otherwise it'd be quite obvious to anyone else who plays with mods that raise health/mana cap and makes use of the black hole. I can send you my mod list if you wish, though I'd also be fine if there was some way to just disable the black hole from collecting hearts/stars, if that's possible.

Hello. I've been using this mod for a week or so and am really loving it. However, I recently noticed an issue. When I have the black hole enabled, it collecting a health heart or a mana star will reset the value of that stat to the vanilla game's cap. I'm using Calamity and I'm fairly near the endgame, so I have 780 hp and 500 mana. If I have the black hole enabled and it collects a heart, my hp goes down to 500 if it's currently above that. If it collect a star, my mana goes to 200. It took some time for me to realise the black hole was the issue, but I've tested for a while and it definitely is the problem. I took off armour and accessories to put my stats as close to the vanilla cap as possible (575 hp, 320 mana), and I was still lowered to the vanilla values on any heart/star pickup. Disabling the blackhole stops this from happening with any setup I tried. Having no bag in my inventory while still having the black hole enabled however, allows it to function properly. One thing I did notice whle testing is that hearts spawned by the heart statue didn't behave this way, even when the black hole was enabled.
I suppose Calamity is doing something weird because the way I do it matches vanilla. Will investigate anyways.

This seems like something that could be caused due to interactions with other mods I have, otherwise it'd be quite obvious to anyone else who plays with mods that raise health/mana cap and makes use of the black hole. I can send you my mod list if you wish, though I'd also be fine if there was some way to just disable the black hole from collecting hearts/stars, if that's possible.
Indeed this is caused by Calamity itself, but I contacted one of the developers and they should fix it.

Indeed this is caused by Calamity itself, but I contacted one of the developers and they should fix it.

That's good to know, thanks for looking in to it. I got around this issue for now by just disabling black hole before doing any bosses, but obviously that's not ideal. Nice to know that a fix is coming some time. Once again, I really appreciate this mod. Makes the game much more enjoyable since I don't need to worry as much about managing limited inventory space and potentially missing any items that dropped due to low base pickup range.

Let me preface my response by saying THANK YOU!!! This mod has been an absolute life saver for me ever since I started modded terraria, and the 2.0 update to it has been even better. Your work on this has been incredible.
That aside, would it be possible to add a bag for banners? I'm using a magnet mod (range scales based on boss progression, but it is 2-4x larger than the black hole), and it seems to take precedence causing items not to go into bags automatically. This isn't an issue with the other bags (alchemist, etc) - even with the magnet on they go to the right place.
Recipe could be something like Leather + Money Trough.

Sorry for the Oddball suggestion.
Sincerely, Candi - the Banner Horder

Loving the mod.
Small Suggestion, can the ammo bags be modified so that they can be put in the 'ammo' section of the inventory ? Since the bags override the ammo slots. And it could save some space.

Just getting into modding Terraria, and decided to try this out after being on the fence. Would like to mention my (few so far, as I've turned it off) issues:

1. The OP is incorrect regarding some details, and fails to mention others:
    • It doesn't mention that the Adventurer's Bag can be bought from the Merchant.
    • It doesn't mention the Vertebrae to Leather Recipe (which is admittedly, a nice thing)
    • It incorrectly states that the Ammo Pouch bought from the Merchant has 27 slots, when it in fact has 9.
  2. It doesn't mention the Config options at all. I honestly have no idea what those are for, so didn't mess with them.
  3. The big issue I had was in picking up coins. For whatever reason, a bunch of silver coins just flew around me without ever being picked up. It didn't occur with all of them, just some of them.
Issue 2 is why I've turned it off, as I imagine if it happens with silver, it'll happen with gold from time to time.

For reference, I'm using:
  • tModLoader v0.11.5
  • Magic Storage v0.4.3.5
  • Max Stack Plus Extra v1.1.04
  • WorldGen Previewer v0.3.1
  • Large World Enabler v0.2.

The versions of Portable Storage 2 and it's dependencies I was using are the ones I got from clicking "download with dependencies" in the Mod Browser:
  • Portable Storage 2 v2.2.2
  • Container Library v1.0.8
  • Base Library v1.2.1
  • Fluid Library v1.0.4
On a side note, tModLoader states that the Base Library adds 2 Walls and 1 Tile. Out of curiosity, what are those walls and tile?

Just getting into modding Terraria, and decided to try this out after being on the fence. Would like to mention my (few so far, as I've turned it off) issues:

1. The OP is incorrect regarding some details, and fails to mention others:
    • It doesn't mention that the Adventurer's Bag can be bought from the Merchant.
    • It doesn't mention the Vertebrae to Leather Recipe (which is admittedly, a nice thing)
    • It incorrectly states that the Ammo Pouch bought from the Merchant has 27 slots, when it in fact has 9.
  2. It doesn't mention the Config options at all. I honestly have no idea what those are for, so didn't mess with them.
  3. The big issue I had was in picking up coins. For whatever reason, a bunch of silver coins just flew around me without ever being picked up. It didn't occur with all of them, just some of them.
Issue 2 is why I've turned it off, as I imagine if it happens with silver, it'll happen with gold from time to time.

For reference, I'm using:
  • tModLoader v0.11.5
  • Magic Storage v0.4.3.5
  • Max Stack Plus Extra v1.1.04
  • WorldGen Previewer v0.3.1
  • Large World Enabler v0.2.

The versions of Portable Storage 2 and it's dependencies I was using are the ones I got from clicking "download with dependencies" in the Mod Browser:
  • Portable Storage 2 v2.2.2
  • Container Library v1.0.8
  • Base Library v1.2.1
  • Fluid Library v1.0.4
On a side note, tModLoader states that the Base Library adds 2 Walls and 1 Tile. Out of curiosity, what are those walls and tile?
I will make sure to update the thread with the changes that occured since the release, including the configs.
I know about the silver coin issue and afaik the coins aren't actually there.

As for the walls and tiles - they're just for debugging purposes.

Ah, so I won't actually lose any coins using the mod then. Good to know.

Thank you for the update.
Yeah, it's a weird ghost dupe glitch. It's like showing possible drops that didn't happen. Bit like seeing items from parallel dimensions, haha

Back
Top Bottom