tModLoader Portable Storage

This is a fantastic Mod. I am in the process of moving all my items from Magic Storage to Portable Storage. I am currently in single player. I have created 2 quantum sets (bag and chest). I have 4 regular bags that show different inventory. As I began creating more bags to be held in the QBags, they are all linked. I made them all the same way. Is there a limit to the number of bags we can have? It happens both inside the QBs and in my regular inventory. None of the bags are in an accessory slot. There isn't an error I can give but I have attached a picture of my setup. Bag number 5 is linked with all other bags made after it.

Attachments

• portstoreissue.JPG
    portstoreissue.JPG
    431.5 KB · Views: 1,017
Firstly I'd advise against doing that - Portable Storage was never meant to replace Magic Storage. Secondly, assuming you've crafted those Bags using the vanilla in-inventory crafting they should be different. If you made them with Magic Storage they may be a mod compatibility issue I'd have to look into.

Firstly I'd advise against doing that - Portable Storage was never meant to replace Magic Storage. Secondly, assuming you've crafted those Bags using the vanilla in-inventory crafting they should be different. If you made them with Magic Storage they may be a mod compatibility issue I'd have to look into.

Thank you for the reply. My intention wasn't to replace magic storage just to have an easier time moving items around and possibly to control my hoarding habit ;). I will just use the ones I have for now and see if I need to troubleshoot more on my end at a later time. I did try crafting additional bags in various ways, at a lone work bench, in MS with workbench then with guides final gift and the universal crafter (each separately and the only crafter in it). All still gave me the same result.

On chests by rightclicking the slots with gems, on the bag by rightclicking a chest.
i tried right clicking the chest with gems before but it did not work for some reason it worked now anyway thank you. Edit:hey i changed frequencies and right clicked the chest with the bag but when i put items in the chest they weren't in the bag with the same frequency same with when i put the items in the bag

Last edited:
how do I select an item to place in the dev/nul item? It says to select it via right clicking but that just takes one item out of the stack. plz halp

When i link a bag to a chest, the color of the bag in my inventory changes, but using the bag shows that it is still linked to w-w-w from the items and the colors in the bag menu. The chest that I am trying to link to is 3 topaz.

Hello. i noticed that every time the vacuum bag deletes modifier from even more modifier and the dni weapon upgrade modifier if it picks up an item

How do i empty water out of the water bucket i am so confused
You have to put it in the hotbar and right click it while it's selected.
[doublepost=1532720590,1532720554][/doublepost]
Hello. i noticed that every time the vacuum bag deletes modifier from even more modifier and the dni weapon upgrade modifier if it picks up an item
Yes, this seems to have extended to all the bags in my game for some reason. :(

I am so confused on how to use this. Only thing i figured out is how to put the Gems on the Chest. Is there like a full blown tutorial? I need one.

Hello. Need to report a major bug. I had 2 vacuum bags and 1 regular bag created, full of items. I then crafted a 3rd vacuum bag, and it attached itself to the ID of an existing bag or something, because it deleted all the contents of one of the full vacuum bags. Lost like a day's worth of play instantly.

Gonna remove this mod and look for an alternative 'till this is fixed. It's a shame, as this mod is really useful when playing with big overhaul mods.

Last edited:
Hello. Need to report a major bug. I had 2 vacuum bags and 1 regular bag created, full of items. I then crafted a 3rd vacuum bag, and it attached itself to the ID of an existing bag or something, because it deleted all the contents of one of the full vacuum bags. Lost like a day's worth of play instantly.

Gonna remove this mod and look for an alternative 'till this is fixed. It's a shame, as this mod is really useful when playing with big overhaul mods.
I've already identified the issue and a patch should be out today or tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom