Items Portal Gun Aesthetic Effect

lilTuck

Terrarian
After you have obtained the Portal Gun, you can dye it to turn it into a Colored Portal Gun.

When you defeat the Moon Lord, another equipment slot will appear in your equip station or whatever; a new slot for portal gun dye.
This works with all Dyes; I have not created a gif of all of them (solely because there's so many; but you get the gist of it.)

ezgif-1263962231.gif
Thanks to @Eli10293 for the awesome, improved sprite!

'Still alive'

When crafted, portals (the shades of the color you chose) can be made. In Multiplayer, if two players have the same dye, the shades of each player's portals will be different. For example, if another player has chosen green as their color, and you have too, then your shades will be dark green and light green. However, the other player's shades of green will be lighter and darker than your shades: and it goes on. Sorry if you don't understand, I know it's complicated; but this is the only way it will work!

Last edited:
After you have obtained the Portal Gun, you can dye it to turn it into a Colored Portal Gun.

(Any Dye) + View attachment 73356 = View attachment 73357 (By Hand)
This works with all Dyes; I have not created a gif of all of them (solely because there's so many; but you get the gist of it.)

View attachment 73357

'Still alive'

When crafted, portals (the shades of the color you chose) can be made. In Multiplayer, if two players have the same dye, the shades of each player's portals will be different. For example, if another player has chosen green as their color, and you have too, then your shades will be dark green and light green. However, the other player's shades of green will be lighter and darker than your shades: and it goes on. Sorry if you don't understand, I know it's complicated; but this is the only way it will work!
Does rainbow portal gun sound like a good idea?
ezgif-1263962231.gif

I support this but I think this is a Simple Matter of Programming (or rather something that might be hard to program)

So I think I ahve something easier to do

After defeating the Moon lord, there would be a new slot in the same menu where the pets, hooks, and such go. That slot would be for the Portal gun, and it will have a Vanity set and its own dye slot.

From there the Dye slot would affect the color of the portals, but instead of two sme color portals, it would follow the same complementary color scheme of the default version (Having Yellow would also allow Purple portals for example) but only for the Basic color dyes and Rainbow dyes (as well as their Bright variants)

Now, how would the rainbow dyes work in the above, but simply the first portal will cycle though like the Rainbow Blocks, the 2nd portal will start at the corresponding complementary color (For starters, the portal will start as Blue/Orange, then cycle to Cyan/Red, then Green/Magenta then Yellow/Purple so on and so forth) the dyes affected with the regular, Living and Bright varieties of the Rainbow Dye, with Negative Rainbow Dye having its own effect on the portals.

In the event of using other gradient dyes like Flame dye, the colors will likely cycle though tot he colors involved in that dye's creation. If the dye is a Color and Black/Silver, then the 2nd portal will be Black/silver.

I support this but I think this is a Simple Matter of Programming (or rather something that might be hard to program)

So I think I ahve something easier to do

After defeating the Moon lord, there would be a new slot in the same menu where the pets, hooks, and such go. That slot would be for the Portal gun, and it will have a Vanity set and its own dye slot.

From there the Dye slot would affect the color of the portals, but instead of two sme color portals, it would follow the same complementary color scheme of the default version (Having Yellow would also allow Purple portals for example) but only for the Basic color dyes and Rainbow dyes (as well as their Bright variants)

Now, how would the rainbow dyes work in the above, but simply the first portal will cycle though like the Rainbow Blocks, the 2nd portal will start at the corresponding complementary color (For starters, the portal will start as Blue/Orange, then cycle to Cyan/Red, then Green/Magenta then Yellow/Purple so on and so forth) the dyes affected with the regular, Living and Bright varieties of the Rainbow Dye, with Negative Rainbow Dye having its own effect on the portals.

In the event of using other gradient dyes like Flame dye, the colors will likely cycle though tot he colors involved in that dye's creation. If the dye is a Color and Black/Silver, then the 2nd portal will be Black/silver.

lol, why didn't I think of that?
Sure. Adding to to the OP.

Wait how do you use the portal gun if its in your equipment? Don't get me wrong I LOVE this idea just um yeah that.

Back
Top Bottom