Map-Puzzle Portal Gun Puzzles 2: The Sequel

I found a secret switch at the end, and i have no idea what it does, help plz
also fun map, i hope you can do more,
and that there was some kind of portal mod to increase the testing elements one can have, but with tapi being discontinued and all, that won't be possible for some time.

Last edited:
This was really enjoyable! (As was the first one, but that one was more bite sized as opposed to this full slice...)

Couple of criticisms:
  • Not entirely sure I did the blue set as intended - portalling the sides of the "death pit" to gain enough height for two of the three the individual rooms?
  • The last purple room is very, very finicky, I could barely get my portal to hit where it needed to go in the right half of the room.
  • The last two green rooms are basically impossible? Maybe my rope dangling/jumping skills are just at sheer noob level, but for the amount of times I tried them I feel like I should at least have understood how they're supposed to be done. Did like the addition of ropes, though, it added a neat extra element.
  • The yellow pressure plate (that I assume should have done the thing) at the very, very end didn't activate and the ~secret~ wasn't revealed at all. 'Course I was too curious so I took a character with a pickaxe in there and I did like what was there.

Regardless, this was a really cool map and I'd happily play more creations of yours, though I imagine you might be a little burnt out from thinking up all of these rooms. Will definitely be recommending it to my peeps. c:

Amazing map, wewt! I like it! I messed around a lot but it took me like an hour and a half tops I think. I made it through everything and it was fairly challenging. Much better than another map I recently tried. Gj and keep up da good work.

Yeah there seems to be some random secrets and stuff that do... nothing..... The vines part was pretty much impossible, I actually didn't end up being able to make the last jump after like 15 minutes of trying that one jump... just kinda placed a block :/

Other than that though it was spectacular! Was hoping someone would make maps like this and some of the puzzles actually stumped me for a bit xD
Beat the map, tried going backwards through it, found a secret tunnel and died to a Granite Elemental.
Really good map.
View attachment 64011
Wait, most of the doors close behind you, how'd you go back?

Yeah there seems to be some random secrets and stuff that do... nothing..... The vines part was pretty much impossible, I actually didn't end up being able to make the last jump after like 15 minutes of trying that one jump... just kinda placed a block :/

Wait, most of the doors close behind you, how'd you go back?
:red: posted in wrong Portal map thread. :X Meant in the first one.

Which one? There are two underground desert levels.

Um... the first one? I'm assuming you have to go up the dirt path but you can't see around in the dark. because well... there's no way that I can see to get up so you can place portals down other than an area of sloped blocks but they need to be activated.

This map was great! I loved it, really difficult puzzles in some spots. One thing I didn't like though was the final chamber in the jungle, it's really hard to make the jump from vine to vine and it's really tricky to get your portal where you need it and every time you fail the jump you need to re-place the tricky portal.

I got stuck in the antlion room. I'm not sure how to get past this point.
So did I, I just used the snow blocks from when that certain thing happens (spoilers) to get up to the switch to activate the slanted area to put your portal, there isn't anywhere to put your portal up there yet you have to get up there to advance, or if there is it's really hard to see because there is almost no lighting.

It is possible to climb the dirt tunnel with portals, but it's pretty finicky. Spam firing the portal gun for lighting to spot the walls you can portal to helps.

How do you get through this room? I've activated the switch but now I can't seem to generate enough height.
Capture 2015-07-18 18_42_28.png

Woo!! Second portal map is done! Check it out!

Probably spent around 70 hours total working on it over the course of a week!

Also, I made all of this without tEdit.
Great map! All the puzzles and secrets were well thought out, but the last secret at the very end didn't work too well.

How do you get through this room? I've activated the switch but now I can't seem to generate enough height.
You need to place a portal above the switch and to the right, then jump above the switch and move left.

Back
Top Bottom