**REPORTED** Portions of the dungeon in my world are inaccessible. Screenshot attached.

Scruntle

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
My seed is 2.1.1.22127469. I have placed Bombs on literally every possible wall surface that might connect to that room shown, and there are NO more hidden pathways available in this dungeon. I've even blown away all surfaces with spikes to check and see if there are any hidden passages behind them. Nothing.

This appears to be a bug in the dungeon building, because there's no way to get down there, and I can see a gold chest in there that I'm missing.
20221109231022_1.jpg

If you have a grappling hook, hammer the slope on your side of the barrier until it's a full block, and then spam the grappling hook, you should be able to grapple through the shaft.

If you have a grappling hook, hammer the slope on your side of the barrier until it's a full block, and then spam the grappling hook, you should be able to grapple through the shaft.
I'd try that, except this section always ends up spawning tons of enemies really quickly. In any case, if a section is inaccessible except with a grappling clipping exploit, I'd say there's a bug in the dungeon generation instructions.

This is also my first playthrough, and I'm not good with the controls yet.

Welcome to the forums Scruntle!
Do you remember which version of Terraria you generated this world? 1.4.4.8 included a fix for the kind of blocked dungeon passage you have. If the world was generated in a previous version, that would explain why it occurred.

If you dig to the Underworld and get Hellstone, you can craft a Molten Pickaxe. With a Molten Pickaxe, you can mine Dungeon Brick.

Update on this:

So as the changelog yesterday indicated, we did some fixes to Dungeon generation to avoid this sort of issue. I had assumed this world had failed even those protections, however . . .

Upon regenerating this seed in 1.4.4.8, the issue appears to be fixed, with enough space here to get by. Was this world generated in 1.4.4.7 or prior? If so, the issue is "fixed" for future worlds (though its impossible to fix this world retroactively).

Update on this:

So as the changelog yesterday indicated, we did some fixes to Dungeon generation to avoid this sort of issue. I had assumed this world had failed even those protections, however . . .

Upon regenerating this seed in 1.4.4.8, the issue appears to be fixed, with enough space here to get by. Was this world generated in 1.4.4.7 or prior? If so, the issue is "fixed" for future worlds (though its impossible to fix this world retroactively).
This was generated before 1.4.4.8.

It's good to learn that whatever caused this has been fixed.

Back
Top Bottom