NPCs & Enemies Possessed Armor Variety

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
Blah. Possessed Armors. They're the same everywhere you go. No variety. You get sick of the same old purple armor wandering through your world every night. So, why not add more varieties? Here's what I came up with off the top of my head. A handful of new varieties to suit your fancy. Just keep in mind that this is more about the looks than it is about the stats. I just provided minor differences to spice it up a bit more.

Enjoy!

Possessed Armor.png
index.php

Standard Variety
*Spawn in the central 1/3 of the map. Purple for Corruption, and Red for Crimson.
Heath: 260
Defense: 28
Damage: 55
The Hardmode equivalent of Zombies.
Stats provided for reference.

Possessed Ice Armor.png

Ice Variety
*Spawn in the Snow biome at night.
Health: 260
Defense: 30
Damage: 56
Hardmode equivalent of Zombie Eskimos.

Possessed Necro Armor.png

Dungeon Variety
*Spawn on the Dungeon side of the map, in the outer 1/3.
Heath: 270
Defense: 26
Damage: 57
Possessed Necro armor.

Possessed Cobalt Armor.png

Jungle Variety
*Spawn on the Jungle side of the map, in the outer 1/3.
Heath: 280
Defense: 24
Damage: 57
Possessed Ancient Cobalt armor.

Possessed Shadow Armor.png
Possessed Crimson Armor.png

Buffed Variety
*Spawn during Blood Moons. Shadow for Corruption, and Crimson for, well, Crimson.
Health: 300
Defense: 32
Damage: 60
Stronger versions of the common variants.

Possessed Forst Armor.png

Frost Variety
*Spawn at Night in during a Blizzard (Snow biome Rain). Same conditions as the Ice Golem.
*Not as common as the Ice variety, but still spawn somewhat frequently.
Health: 320
Damage: 58
Possessed Frost armor. Stronger version of the Ice variant.

<F for the fallen images from TO>(Sprite by @Zoomo)
Corroded Armor
*Spawn during Acid Rain at night.
Health: 350
Defense: 20
Damage: 64
Possessed Acid Armor. Strongest, but with the lowest defense.

Feedback is appreciated as always. Let me know what you think!

Last edited:
Yes. Simple, yet incredible. Perhaps add more sets, like a corruption, honey, or even underworld one. Love this so much!

TBH I wouldnt mind these were just aesthetic differences like the demon eyes. The minor stat changes seem pretty good though.

Im not entirely sure about the Crimson variety though, the prospect of a crimson esque enemy appearing on a corruption world just doesn't seem right.
Maybe having the default possessed armor be the one that spawns on Corruption worlds on blood moons and the Crimson possessed armor spawn on Crimson worlds on blood moons. Then of course there would need to be a new possessed armor type for the center 1/3 of the map but I think something like possessed iron armor would fit well.

Yes. Simple, yet incredible. Love this so much!
:happy: Thanks!
Perhaps add more sets, like a corruption, honey, or even underworld one.
I think the standard purple variety is Corruption-y enough for my liking. That's why I added a Crimson counterpart.

I don't know if we really need Possessed Bee armor...

An Underworld one would just jump into lava a lot. :p

Im not entirely sure about the Crimson variety though, the prospect of a crimson esque enemy appearing on a corruption world just doesn't seem right.
Maybe having the default possessed armor be the one that spawns on Corruption worlds on blood moons and the Crimson possessed armor spawn on Crimson worlds on blood moons. Then of course there would need to be a new possessed armor type for the center 1/3 of the map but I think something like possessed iron armor would fit well.
:indifferent: The default Possessed armor is kind of boring, though. Blood Moons turn everything red, so slipping in a matching armor would be pretty cool, I think.

Thanks for the support, though! :)

Pity there's no prehardmode armor for the Snow biome... IMO, that backdrop is where the standard Possessed Armor sticks out the most.

Unless you're willing to consider Possessed Frost Armor? I dunno. Because all the current ones are preHM. Still, as a flavor suggestion, this is :red: ye.

Pity there's no prehardmode armor for the Snow biome... IMO, that backdrop is where the standard Possessed Armor sticks out the most.

Unless you're willing to consider Possessed Frost Armor? I dunno. Because all the current ones are preHM. Still, as a flavor suggestion, this is :red: ye.
Possessed Frost Armor? Why not?
Possessed Forst Armor.png

I'm thinking that they should only spawn during Blizzards (Raining in the Snow biome), but still have a more orthodox snow biome variety to fill in the void. Something like this, perhaps?
Possessed Ice Armor.png

Updated the main post.
index.php

Ice Variety
*Spawn in the Snow biome at night.
Health: 260
Defense: 30
Damage: 56
Hardmode equivalent of Zombie Eskimos.

index.php

Frost Variety
*Spawn at Night in during a Blizzard (Snow biome Rain). Same conditions as the Ice Golem.
*Not as common as the Ice variety, but still spawn somewhat frequently.
Health: 320
Damage: 58
Possessed Frost armor.

It would feel suiting for this to happen.

It looks very out of place for a purple piece of armor appear in the red environment of the Crimson.

Ever think about a Possessed Hallowed Armor or Ancient Shadow Armor?

Perhaps they wouldn't fit, but it would give an excuse to fight those things in Hallowed Biomes. Ancient Shadow to just coincide with the addition of Crimson variety on Corruption worlds.

Normal "Shadow" that we see now would fit the "Purity" more.

For the snow biome, it seems sad to get just a recolour. The Viking Helmet is pretty nice. Pity that there isn't a full set to go with it. For that matter, it would feel a bit more thematically satisfying to me if all of the "ancient" armours could appear as possessed types. You know, kind of as a "revenge of the lost and forgotten" thing.

Also an idea: regular possessed armor has a chance to drop the armor set as a vanity! I like how the regular posessed armor looks, I'd like to wear it!

Sureley on blood moons on corruption world blood moon there should be possessed demonite armour?
Nice stuff though!

I understand what you set before, but I still think that Crimson Armor really stands out too much, maybe you could make a crimson-like recolour of the current Possessed Armor, like you did with the Ice one. Since the Possessed Armor we have now doesn't wear actual Shadow Armor either.

I understand what you set before, but I still think that Crimson Armor really stands out too much, maybe you could make a crimson-like recolour of the current Possessed Armor, like you did with the Ice one. Since the Possessed Armor we have now doesn't wear actual Shadow Armor either.
I don't think red armor will look any more out of place than the red water. :l

Blood Moons will be Blood Moons.

Hm... Cobalt armor? The game would be taunting me.
How about making them something drop? After all, in hardmode, pre hardmode armor becomes worthless.

I don't think red armor will look any more out of place than the red water. :l

Blood Moons will be Blood Moons.
I'm not saying that the red armour is a bad idea, just that using the actual Crimson Armor might be. Since actual Shadow Armor also doesn't appear.

Back
Top Bottom