Weapons & Equip Possibility to Hide Vanity Slots and second equipment row...

Kats

Pixel Pirate
Heya!

I know, I know, hide the vanity gear? Just don't use the slots.

Here's the thing though, me, like many others (I know there's a lot of you ok) use the vanity slots to quickly switch to other accessories.
Personally I use them for fishing gear and a few other accessories that are needed in certain situations.
But yeah, the character ends up looking like some kind of freakshow with the vanity gear in place.
Certainly, I could have them in my inventory but, space you know? It's limited, pun not intended.

Basically, just add the little "Hidden" button to vanity slots too please.
Or better yet, add a second equipment/accessories row that allows you to at the push of a button change set, could make it not usable in combat.
Or equipment slots for exclusively fishing armor/accessories which gets equipped as soon as you start fishing and can't be changed back until 30 or so seconds after you stop fishing.
Well actually, would still be nice with the tickbox for hiding vanity items but still!

/toolazytoediteverythingsojustchangestitletoemphasize

Okay, the title doesn't really match the content of the thread anymore as I thought of more and more ideas along the way, but too lazy to rewrite everything.
Anyway, anyone who has played an MMO (that does have it, macro or not) will know of the quick switch gear sets, it's an amazing feature and so long as there is a short cooldown and impossibility to change in combat, not all that OP, would be a QoL change is all.
Though not everyone will agree I guess. ;P

Last edited:
You know, you could just place the fishing gear in your inventory and right click when needed

Like I said, to save space. ;>
Takes up 5 slots.
And don't really want to have to open piggybank>take out>equip.
I am doing what you said for some of the fishing gear currently but would be great if there was a better way.

Takes up 5 slots.
I am doing what you said for some of the fishing gear currently but would be great if there was a better way.

You can directly equip out of your piggy bank. A quickswap would be nice, but a hide feature for the vanity slots goes against the very purpose of those slots. I use it for extra accessories as well, but said accessories appearing on your character is a consequence of using them for something other than their intended purpose.

Edit:

Takes up 5 slots.

Also, how does it save 5 slots? I thought there were only 3 fishing accessories.

You can directly equip out of your piggy bank. A quickswap would be nice, but a hide feature for the vanity slots goes against the very purpose of those slots. I use it for extra accessories as well, but said accessories appearing on your character is a consequence of using them for something other than their intended purpose.

Edit:

Also, how does it save 5 slots? I thought there were only 3 fishing accessories.
You forgot armor. ;P

And didn't know that, but having to open up the piggybank every time I needa go fishing is still annoying, call me lazy if you want. :p

And sure, I understand that it goes against the purpose, but the slots could be renamed or something.
Shouldn't really neeed a consequence for something so simple, not like you're overpowered doing it.
Only reason players, like myself, do use them is because wasting 5-6 slots for accessories you rarely use but still want ready when needed is just, annoying. '-'
Would love at least one good reason as to why there has to be consequences for utilizing slots, figured them not doing anything when placed there except showing the skin for them is enough, so can just give us the choice to hide it completely. ;>

You forgot armor. ;P

And didn't know that, but having to open up the piggybank every time I needa go fishing is still annoying, call me lazy if you want. :p

And sure, I understand that it goes against the purpose, but the slots could be renamed or something.
Shouldn't really neeed a consequence for something so simple, not like you're overpowered doing it.
Only reason players, like myself, do use them is because wasting 5-6 slots for accessories you rarely use but still want ready when needed is just, annoying. '-'
Would love at least one good reason as to why there has to be consequences for utilizing slots, figured them not doing anything when placed there except showing the skin for them is enough, so can just give us the choice to hide it completely. ;>

Meh, it isn't that bad with the Money Trough. I keep tons of accessories with me, including duplicates for Menacing/Warding :D I have also started carrying my end game armors around. My Safe and Piggy Bank are basically a pocket armory now. I'm fine with just the standard inventory for spelunking, though I can understand wanting more.

The only reason I have is that they are intended for something different than you want to use them for. I'm not trying to shut your thread down or anything, this is the kind of thing suggestions are for :D Just explaining why I don't support it ;)

If it get's implemented that's fine by me, if not I'll carry on as I have been.

Edit: Also, fishing isn't really something I see as not knowing I'm going to do beforehand. I'd just grab my gear on my way out, rather than keep it with me always.

Meh, it isn't that bad with the Money Trough. I keep tons of accessories with me, including duplicates for Menacing/Warding :D I have also started carrying my end game armors around. My Safe and Piggy Bank are basically a pocket armory now. I'm fine with just the standard inventory for spelunking, though I can understand wanting more.

The only reason I have is that they are intended for something different than you want to use them for. I'm not trying to shut your thread down or anything, this is the kind of thing suggestions are for :D Just explaining why I don't support it ;)

If it get's implemented that's fine by me, if not I'll carry on as I have been.

Edit: Also, fishing isn't really something I see as not knowing I'm going to do beforehand. I'd just grab my gear on my way out, rather than keep it with me always.

I'm the kind of person who does multiple things at once, fishing one second farming souls the other so yeah. '-'
Safe I don't really use, putting it down once I need something is something ain't really fond of, been killed too many times by, well, everything that decides to sneak up on me, gawd I hate but at the same time love you expert mode....

And that's okay, everyone is entitled to their opinion. :>

Actually, I know a way to justify this, but still for vanity reasons. Picture the scenario:

So, you have your char. He has a really awesome vanity set, that looks good without wings when on the ground, but when flying you like to use angel wings, as they match your set. However, you want to have frost wings as your actual ones, as they have a much longer flight. If you put the angel wings over the frost ones in vanity, they replace the frost ones, but are still visible when you are on the ground. A hide button for vanity would allow you to create a char that on the ground appears to have no wings, in the air appears to have angel wings, yet is actually using frost wings.

Feel free to use this in the suggestion.

Yes, please. I honestly use my vanity as storage space for extra accessories I have, and it gets annoying to look different than how I would like to because of that.

It would be great to hide vanity items.

When we got vanity slots everyone was happy to have extra storage. Now setting up is complicated if (for example) you don't want to see the worm scarf flapping behind you while in glass cannon mode.

It's either give up that slot or feel ugly for convenience sometimes.

While we can right click an item to switch it in and out of an armor slot, doing the same with accessories makes the whole lot cycle through.
They could correspond by row like the vanity slot but the accessory area is taller in slots than the inventory. Especially in Expert and not counting the hot bar.

What if items kept their favourite status while in a vanity/equipment slot?

Back
Top Bottom