Possible Reference to Sonic Heroes?

TheJediSonic

Official Terrarian
The Ocean Biome in 1.4, like a few other biomes, got it's own region exclusive crate drops. The crates in particular are named the Ocean Crate (pre-hardmode) and the Seaside Crate (hardmode). Coincidentally enough, Sonic Heroes' two starting stages (ignoring the tutorial) is Seaside Hill and Ocean Palace. Perhaps this might've been a subtle nod?

Why Cube? I got it for PC. Best version, and it runs great in Windows 10. Avoid the PS2 version like the plague.
The GameCube will always be the superior console. It even has a handle. Does your 5 million dollar gaming rig have a handle?? Didn't think so.

The GameCube will always be the superior console. It even has a handle. Does your 5 million dollar gaming rig have a handle?? Didn't think so.
First of all, my PC is a 10 years old machine, and it can emulate GameCube (Dolphin programmers are magicians, I tell ya.) Second of all, the PC version is a port of the GameCube version, the best console version. Third of all, PC can just brute force performance issues, while consoles can't. Fourth of all, PC version can be modded to fix issues, while the console versions can't. And last of all I can give my PC the handle I want and no one will tell me its wrong, unlike consoles. I call my PC "Archon".

First of all, my PC is a 10 years old machine, and it can emulate GameCube (Dolphin programmers are magicians, I tell ya.) Second of all, the PC version is a port of the GameCube version, the best console version. Third of all, PC can just brute force performance issues, while consoles can't. Fourth of all, PC version can be modded to fix issues, while the console versions can't. And last of all I can give my PC the handle I want and no one will tell me its wrong, unlike consoles. I call my PC "Archon".
That's funny because console versions actually run the games when they're supposed to. There's a special magic to playing it on a GameCube (with a CRT television preferably) that you absolutely cannot recreate on a PC. It may run better, but that's like playing digital golf instead of real golf. It's all the same stuff, just without the authenticity.

but that's like playing digital golf instead of real golf
This doesn't make sense at all, we're talking about video games, they're not "real". If I can run it better, I'll use the best hardware avaliable. Nostalgia means nothing to me, not when we got improvements.

This doesn't make sense at all, we're talking about video games, they're not "real". If I can run it better, I'll use the best hardware avaliable. Nostalgia means nothing to me, not when we got improvements.
Stretched res, overclocked GPU?

Stretched res, overclocked GPU?

My monitor can change to 4:3 (too lazy to download the widescreen mod) and the game is locked at 60fps in the PC version.
Can't even think about overclocking my GPU, its fan is broken and I had to fix it using a K6-II fan. So it overheats in the summer. My PC is really old, don't feel like buying a new GPU right now. Dude, Sonic Colors is GLORIOUS in Dolphin, you should try it! The game really shines emulated. It is already pretty in the real hardware, but Dolphin makes it even better! And Dual Shock 4/Xbox360 controller are much better than the Wiimote. (I don't have a Wii Pro controller, but heard good things about it).

Back
Top Bottom