Votes: 19 73.1%
  • Dislike

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Can't Decide

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters

RaiokuMoonscar

Terrarian
New items are marked with * , changes to current items are marked with **.

Just my take on a Tier list that might work to make summoner cleaner in terms of progressing throughout the game as well as adding more variety to the class itself. Note that these are just suggestions, which include the already designed items in the game for comparison to how this would map out. Also just thought up convenient building materials that I think make sense.

Some of these are in different categories for example Slime is in its own section being that the materials are somewhat more RNG based, hence they should be a side build in my opinion much like the relationship between Tiki and Spooky. So please look at the following knowing that information and as to why some stats differ seemingly weird in the tier list from others higher up the ranks.

NOTE: Snowman Armor, Meteorite Armor, and Imp Armor are all based on a belief that all classes should get a few more early game sets, rather than 1~3. Feel free to completely disregard them if you so choose.

(Some quickly done placement sprites for fun, along with original sprites for clarity)
If there's anything you'd like to add or make suggestions to whats here leave a comment below :)

Snowman Armor.png
*1. Snowman Armor: 5 def., +1 minion capacity, +3% minion dmg.
Set Bonus: +5% minion dmg (8% Total)
(Crafted using 30 Snow, 30 Ice, and 30 Wood)

Snowman Staff.png
*A.) Snowman Staff: 5 dmg.
(Crafted using 15 Snow, 15 Broeal Wood, and 5 Sapphire)
(Summons Mini Snowmen that toss snowballs)
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Slime Armor.png
*2. Royal Slime Armor: 9 def., +1 minion capacity, +18% minion dmg.
Set Bonus Prince Slime: 10 dmg, very slow speed, medium knockback
(Crafted using 50 Gels, 30 Gold Bars, and 3 King Slime Gels. Set summons Prince Slime)
(Works much like Stardust Guardian only knocking back enemies instead of pulling in)

Slime Staff.png
**B.)Slime Staff
(Can be crafted using 30 Gels, 35 Pink Gel and 30 wood, as well as being extremely rare drop)
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bee Armor.png
3. Bee Armor

Hornet Staff.png
C.) Hornet Staff

Meteorite Armor.png
*4. Meteorite Armor: 15 def., +2 minion capacity, +15%, minion dmg
Set Bonus: +12% minion dmg (27% Total)
(Crafted using 50 Meteorite Bars and 1 Robe)

Meteorite Staff.png
*D.) Meteorite Staff: 15 dmg.
(Crafted using 15 Meteorite Bars and 35 wood)
(Summons Meteor Heads that tackle opponents at at a slower pace than later summons but faster than enemy Meteor Heads)

Dino Armor.png
*5. Grand Dino Armor: 20 def., +3 minion capacity, 10% minion dmg
Set Bonus: +10% minion dmg (20% total)
(Crafted using 160 Sturdy Fossils)

Dino Staff.png
*E.) Dino Staff: 12 dmg
(Crafted using 80 Sturdy Fossils and 30 wood)
(Summons random variations of dinosaurs between T-rexes, Trikes, and Pterosaurs. All of which attack differently)

Spitter Dino Staff.png
*A1.) Spitter Dino Staff: 15 dmg.
(Crafted using 100 Sturdy Fossils and 35 wood)
(Summons a turret Dilophosaurus to spit at targets causing poison)
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2...dilophosaurus_by_alien_psychopath-d7rdj0j.png

Imp Armor.png
*6. Imp Armor: 17 def., + 3 minion capacity, +13% minion dmg
Set Bonus: +12% minion dmg (25% total)
(Crafted using 40 Hellstone Bars)

Imp Staff.png
F.) Imp Staff

Spider Armor.png
7. Spider Armor
Spider Staff.png
G.) Spider Staff

Queen Spider Staff.png
B1.)Queen Spider Staff

Suspicious Looking Armor.png
*8. Suspicious Looking Armor: 25 def., +3 minion capacity, +26%, minion dmg
Set Bonus Cthulhu Guardian: 10 dmg, slow speed, weak knockback
(Crafted using 50 Hallowed Bars and 30 Souls of Sight. Set summons Cthulhu Guardian)
(Works much like Stardust Guardian only instead fires Servants of Cthulhu that self-destruct on contact)

Optic Staff.png
H. Optic Staff

Pirate Staff.png
I.) Pirate Staff

Pirate Cannon Staff.png
*C1.) Pirate Cannon Staff: 17 dmg.
(Summons a turret cannon that fires pirates at enemies, Pirate Invasion drop)

Tiki Armor.png
9. Tiki Armor

Pygmy Staff.png
J.) Pygmy Staff

Spirit Staff.png
*K.) Spirit Staff: 35 dmg
(Drops from Dungeon Spirit, 5% Chance)
(Summons Dungeon Spirits, has a chance to inflict Frostburn when attacking)

Staff of the Frost Hydra.png
D1.) Staff of Frost Hydra

Spooky Armor.png
10. Spooky Armor

Raven Staff.png
L.) Raven Staff

Deadly Sphere Staff.png
M.) Deadly Sphere Staff

Lord Duke Armor.png
*11. Shark Ruler Armor: 36 def., +4 minion capacity, +30% minion dmg
Set Bonus: +30% minion dmg and Shark Skin buff *Basically Thorns buff* (60% Total)
(Crafted using 48 Shroomite Bars, 36 Shark Fins, and 3 Fishron Scales)

Tempest Staff.png
N.) Tempest Staff

Xeno Staff.png
O.) Xeno Staff

Stardust Armor.png
12. Stardust Armor

Stardust Cell Staff.png
P.) Stardust Cell Staff

Stardust Dragon Staff.png
Q.) Stardust Dragon Staff

Lunar Portal Staff.png
E1.) Lunar Portal Staff

Rainbow Crystal Staff.png
F1.) Rainbow Crystal Staff

New Accessories

Red Pine Cone.png
*Red Pine Cone: 10% minion dmg., increase minion knockback
(Drop from Everscream, 2~20% chance depending on Wave)

Witch Doctors Necklace.png
*Witch Doctors Necklace: +1 minion capacity, 10% minion dmg., increase minion knockback
(Combine Pygmy Necklace and Red Pine Cone)
(Visual Concept: Red Pine Cone parts used around Pygmy Necklace skull to represent the Witch Doctor)

Thank you for taking your time to look at this and you are welcome vote how you feel or leave a like.
(Lol the colors I know, just being silly :D)

Last edited:
How About A summoners crown that is crafted out of luminite and stardust? 5 defence, works with ANY summoner set bonus, and adds 3 minions. defence and damage for more minions.

How About A summoners crown that is crafted out of luminite and stardust? 5 defence, works with ANY summoner set bonus, and adds 3 minions. defence and damage for more minions.

Putting defense stats based on number of minions is very broken and isn't a thing for that reason. Think about it, currently a player is capable of getting 11 minions. With that item they'd be able to reach 14 minions. That is a 14~?(due to unclear defense amount) armor increase, add that to 42 def. of having the Stardust armor and ahnk Shield and you get 66+ defense. That is incredibly broken item for such a versatile class, don't you agree?

Regardless I very much appreciate the suggestion.

Last edited:
These are ideas I know of and would love to have added in some way too,

Staffs
  • Brain Staff
  • Worm/Devourer Staff
  • Harpy Staff
  • Wyvern Staff
  • Treant Staff
  • Shadowflame Staff
  • Caster (Ragged Caster) Staff
  • Piranha Staff
  • Ore Golem Staff
Armor
  • Antlion Armor
Accessories
  • Tomb Crawler Armband
  • Bone Necklace
  • Wishbone
  • Bunny Belt

Of course I have my own opinions/tweeks for these ideas here but I wouldn't bother explaining them unless asked :)

Last edited:
Whats up with the sprites?
Anyway, I like your suggestion.. Summoners have a very bad progression system (weak minions and armor until plantera.. wat)

Whats up with the sprites?
Anyway, I like your suggestion.. Summoners have a very bad progression system (weak minions and armor until plantera.. wat)

What do u mean? Be specific or i wont know whats wrong o.o

if there's something i can do I will fix it immediately

Ah yea I can get rid of the black backgrounds I just thought it'd be easier to see them that way, other than that I can increase the quality on any that need them, feel free to point them out. (They were done in a hurry at the time, sorry about that)

I took time on the suggestions just not so much on the sprites, been updating them 1 by 1 so far, the red pine cone used to look a lot different.

Off to remove the black backgrounds

Last edited:
I like these ideas, but they will broke the awesomeness and challenge when doing "summoner class only". I love challenges and summoner is my favorite, and adding easy obtained weapons would totally destroy that challenge.

Well, more UPGRADES for current weapons would be nice to see. Not easy obtainable minions.

I like these ideas, but they will broke the awesomeness and challenge when doing "summoner class only". I love challenges and summoner is my favorite, and adding easy obtained weapons would totally destroy that challenge.

Well, more UPGRADES for current weapons would be nice to see. Not easy obtainable minions.

I see your point though I do think having more accessible weapons for this class is the better direction. There's still the option of challenging/limiting ones self to keep that sort of difficulty though.

Thank you for your opinion :)

Just a tip, you should take time on your suggestions to make them the best they can possibly be.
Dude, it's pretty darn obvious this guy put a lot of effort in his suggestion. And the quality of sprites is never important, heck, sprites are never important. If an idea gets adapted by devs they'll be making their own sprites.

Anyway, RaiokuMoonscar, I like your idea, although it has been suggested before. Currently there are a lot of holes in summoner progression when compared to the other three damage classes and I wouldn't mind at all if things were more, euh, streamlined.
I'm also hoping that the promised summon-specific modifiers will be making an entry sooner or later so things really get fleshed out.

Dude, it's pretty darn obvious this guy put a lot of effort in his suggestion. And the quality of sprites is never important, heck, sprites are never important. If an idea gets adapted by devs they'll be making their own sprites.

Anyway, RaiokuMoonscar, I like your idea, although it has been suggested before. Currently there are a lot of holes in summoner progression when compared to the other three damage classes and I wouldn't mind at all if things were more, euh, streamlined.
I'm also hoping that the promised summon-specific modifiers will be making an entry sooner or later so things really get fleshed out.

Eh I'm getting rid of the black backgrounds as we speak, they do look better without them.

I know its been suggested b4 of course, just putting my ideas on it is all :) Also unfortunately Cenx stated that even though she tried to get the summoner modifiers in the game, they were deemed too strong and game breaking by the time 1.3 came out. Hence they were canceled, if there's any further information on it lately however, that would be news to me.

Also unfortunately Cenx stated that even though she tried to get the summoner modifiers in the game, they were deemed too strong and game breaking by the time 1.3 came out. Hence they were canceled, if there's any further information on it lately however, that would be news to me.
Well, keep on hoping. There'll be more updates and who knows, maybe they'll find the time to balance things out. :)
I'd already be very happy with one 'perfect' modifier, like Legendary, Unreal and Mythical are. Right now they have Mythical but Ruthless is a better choice for them.
I'd love to see one final modifier for summon weapons that replaces Mythical with something more logical to them, like a slightly better Ruthless or something.

I love the ideas, though a lot of these are obvious resprites.
Not that I can do any better, but maybe you should try your own designs?

Again, sprites are not important for suggestions. Devs will create their own sprites anyway.
It's nice enough that RaiokuMoonscar included sprites in the first place.

Yes a lot of them are obvious mixtures/respites, this is mostly for idea referencing since as stated b4 there would always be Relogics own take on the designs. So I'd rather not take the time to make all the new ones 100% my own, but instead innovate with whats already available. (Of course some of this I had to do from scratch though)

Back
Top Bottom