Portfolio/Multi-Topic Post-Hardmode Suggestions

Archanhell

Terrarian
Hello everyone, this is my first thread and suggestion ever in the forums. I had this idea for some time, even though I haven't totally finished Terraria, I think there should be more post-hardmode content to do for players, therefore, I made this thread to show what I had in mind.
Before starting this, I'm pretty new here, and I am not a artist, so I'll do my best to show you my ideas.

Let's start with the Main Idea.

When you beat the Hardmode's Final Boss, Moon Lord, a message will display in the bottom left corner.
''The world's peace is back. But this cold feeling on your spines tell you to travel further''

Once this appears, you have the access to travel further the world's map tells you.
What does this mean?
The Moon Lord's energy has dissaspeared, allowing you to travel to the open sea.

I have honestly thought the Ocean looks more like a big lake than a true ocean.
Maybe the World's Map will not fit more biomes, but that's why when you get past the borders, a entire new world map will appear, and your world will display: ''Hardmode+'' / ''Post-Hardmode''

Congratulations!

Now you can explore further the seas. And maybe smaller Islands! (Mini-biome made mainly of Sand and with a hidden treasure.)

Now that I've told you the Main Idea, let's go ahead with the next stuff. Should we?

Small Island
Small Islands are made mainly of Sand and one to four palm trees, the only creatures you find here are birds and crabs.
There is always a treasure on those islands, buried deep inside in the sand and not seen at first view, you have to dig in the sand to find them.

Treasure Chest
Treasure Chests contain 2 to 6 items.
-There is a 90% chance 20-75 copper coins appear (1)
-There is a 60% chance 15-50 silver coins appear (1)
-A 40% chance 4-20 gold coins appear. (1)
-A pretty low 20% chance 2-10 platinum coins appear. (1)
*''1'' meaning first item to appear in the chests content.
Different potions can appear inside as well as pirate items such as the cannon, cannon balls, cutlass, etc.
New items will appear inside, like the hand-cannon, a smaller, portable version of the cannon.

Sunken Ship

Sunken Ships have a med-rare chance to appear. (Between 40% and 70%) and are composed mainly by palm wood blocks, and walls.
Those ships harbor hostile life, solar eclipse monsters like Creature of the Depths will appear inside, along crabs, jellyfish...
But not only this, also a special chest: Captain Chest

Captain Chest

Reddish-brown chests which will always contain money, cannon balls, hand-cannons and a cutlass.
The peculiarity of this chest is a new consumable item, the Oceanic Temple Key.
I'm going to talk of this pretty soon, don't worry. More like, right now.

Oceanic Temple

Jungle Temple, Dungeon, Sanctuaries, Giant Trees, Pyramids, yes, we have all that. Yet.... We need more action.

This temple is made out of oceanite bricks, they are blue-colored and shine in the dark, so finding those temples is easy, entering it, is not.
When you access the temple you will find yourself with a lot of new enemies, and a brand new boss. Let's leave those surprises for the NPCs/Enemies and Boss sections respectively.
Here I'll just say this:
You'll think Hardmode Dungeon Post-Plantera is difficult, Jungle Temple has arduous, nightmarish traps. But you are totally wrong once you find yourself in this Temple, Zelda's Water Temple was a nightmare, but this is the reality, a hellish reality.

Oceanic Temple Chest

I'll leave the loot for the Items section.
Those chests are similar to Water chests but with a cyan-shine.

Small Cannonball
Type: Ammunition
Damage: 150
Use-time: 15 (Very Fast)
Tooltip: ''Make them go boom''
Rarity: White
Buy/Sell: 8 Silver / 4 Silver
Quantity: 999

Those small Cannonballs are used in the Hand-Cannon, and you can use those in a few crafting I'll include here! (Some)

Frostburn Small Cannonball
Use-time: 15 (Very Fast)
Tooltip: ''Inflicts Frostburn in a enemy upon contact. To be used with Hand-Cannon.''
Rarity: White
Sell: 10 Silver

Crafting: 5 Ice Blocks + 1 Torch + 70 Small Cannonballs = Frostburn Small Cannonball x70

Chlorophyte Small Cannonball
Use-Time: 14 (Very Fast)
Tooltip: ''Fast cannonballs which bounce up to 2/4 times in any wall, floor, roof.''
Rarity: Lime
Sell: 25 Silver

Crafting: 5 Chlorophyte Bars + 1 Torch + 70 Small Cannonballs = Chlorophyte Small Cannonball x70
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oceanite
Type: Ore - Crafting Material
Use-Time: 14 (Very Fast)
Tooltip: ''Oceanic Ore told to be made by Neptune himself.''
Rarity: Lime?
Sell: 35 Silver

Crafting Recipes:
Oceanite Ore x6 in Adamantium/Titanium Forge = Oceanite Bar
Oceanite Ore x2 + Stone Block x1 in any Forge = Oceanite Brick/Block

This Ore will spread in Ocean Depths biome, after Moon-Lord has been defeated. Therefore is an Post-Hardmode Ore, to dig it you need any Clorophyte-Drill and above tool.
You need to travel to the Open Sea to find it, rarely found in your main world.
You can craft a armor set and a few items. But I want to give this ''a few items'' for developers and community to choose.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More Items will be made if I have more ideas. Yeah, I'm out of ideas for Items right now, lol.

Oceanite Armor (I)

Defense
Head:
15(R) 28(M) 18(Ma)
Chest: 36(All)
Legs: 20(All)
Sum: 71(R) 84(M) 74(Ma)

Set Bonus (Class)
Mage

+29% Magic Damage
+19% Magic Crit. Chance
+15% Movement Speed
Increases maximum Mana by 80 and reduces mana usage by 20%

Ranged
+40% Ranged Damage
+30% Ranged Crit. Chance
+15% Movement Speed
30% chance not to consume ammo

Melee
+25% Melee Damage
+20% Melee Crit. Chance
+18% Movement and Melee speed
Enemies are most likely to target you

Set Bonus (General)
Damage made in ocean biome +30% (All)
Being attacked inside or outside the Ocean Biome summons a single portal from which lasers will appear and shoot enemies around. (10 Seconds duration. 10 Seconds cooldown.) (Damage equals to 10% - 20% Player's HP [So 500 HP = 50 - 100 Damage]) (Average speed)

Set Effect (General)
Walking leaves a water-puddle trail inside.
After-image during motion.

Oceanic King Armor

Defense
Head:
Chest: 25
Legs: 16
Sum: 60

Summoner
+75% Minion Damage
+6 maximum Minion Capacity
+15% Movement Speed

Set Bonus
Summons the Ocean King which will follow you around.
Double tap Down to direct him to a location.
Attacks from distance using mini-Tsunamis which will deal damage based on 25% User's HP.
Attacks from short distance using the Oceanic Blade based on 20% User's HP.
Summoning it uses 20% User's HP.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tide's Wrath
Type: Accessory
Tooltip: 50% Chance when user gets damaged a Duke Fishron 'hologram' appears in front of the user to counterattack the enemy who attacked his User. 20% Chance the enemy's HP is lowered to the total damage it dealt to the user.
Rarity: Yellow
Sell: 20 Gold

Neptune's Flower (Blue)
Tooltip: A variant of the many Neptune Flowers.
When User is damaged, there's a (30%) chance the damage is absorbed to (50%) half of the total. (If user is dealt with 70 Damage. then the Flower may absorb 35 of it.)
Sell: 18 Gold

Neptune's Flower (Red)
Tooltip: A variant of the many Neptune Flowers.
Medium chance a giant water flower falls on a enemy.

Killer's Necklace
Tooltip: Very low chance (10%) the Enemy is instant-killed. (Doesn't work with Bosses or invencible enemies.) Medium chance (60%) a user's attack will deal the damage equal to the 50% or more of an enemy's total HP. (If a Slime has 14 HP. The damage dealt will be 7.)
Sell: 26 Gold

Oceanic Fury
Type: Weapon (Sword)
Damage: 215
Knockback: 7 (Strong)
Use-Time: 12 (Very Fast)
Velocity: 12
Critical Chance: 9%
Rarity: ??? (I'll put ''Yellow'' from here. But any Post-Hardmode rare item, will be above Red.)
Sell: 30 Gold
Tooltip: ''The Ocean screams in fury, as you strike like a berserk.''

This powerful long-sword resembles the True Excalibur, with the difference this weapon has water-like color tones.
It fires a beam similar to the Meowmere's projectile which bounces on the wall, but it's not a flying nyan cat's head. But a wide cyan-laser capable of hitting more than 5 enemies before ''dissaspearing''.
It's dropped by the Oceanic Temple's Boss or rarely found in chests.
A pretty good ''Early'' Post-Hardmode weapon, if you want to fight the strongest enemies.

Poseidon's Mightbow
Type: Weapon (Bow)
Damage: 55 (Ranged)
Knockback: 2 (Very Weak)
Critical Chance: 6.5%
Use-Time: 12 (Very Fast)
Velocity: 22
Tooltip: ''75% Chance not to consume ammo - Poseidon's Trusty rip-and-tear bow''

A powerful Post-Hardmode bow which is able to shoot 2-4 arrows at once similarly to Phantasm, every arrow will deal strong damage, and may have a very low chance to inflict Frostburn.
Also, with the correct upgrades, this bow will be able to kill any Hardmode Boss in seconds. (Except for Moon Lord.), without any upgrade, it's still a nice option.

Tome of the Seven Seas
Type: Weapon (Magic Weapon)
Damage: 140 - 170
Knockback: 4 (Weak) - 8 (Strong Knockback) [This is because the Tome contains more than one skill. So the Knockback depends on the skill used.)
Mana: [1] 18 - [2] 20 - [3] 24 - [4] 40
Critical Chance: 7% (All Skills except for fourth skill with 15%)
Use-Time: Depends on the Skill used
Velocity: Depends on the Skill used
Tooltip: ''A tome containing different skills, ranging from chaotic waves to way more chaotic Tsunamis.''
Rarity: ??? [Possibly higher than Purple]
Sell: 25 Gold

This is not a simple magic book, it's more than that. Not only by it's pretty low chance to drop from the Boss or much lower chance to appear in the chests' contents, but also, by it's unique thing that differs it from other magic weapons: It's more than one skill.

There should be a new key-bind for ''Next Skill'' in a few weapons, because this one would require it or tapping Down/Up two times to change between skills.

Skill List

Ancient Waves: A slow, yet powerful (140 Damage) wave-like energy mass that will destroy anything on its path, having 8 Knockback and requiring 18 Mana to use.
Death Trident: Similar to Demons' Trident magic, but this one is a single, giant cyan trident which deals 160 damage, has 6 Knockback and requires 20 Mana to summon.
Those two above can go through Block
Poseidon's Multi-Beam: This skill summons a cyan-laser havoc upon your enemies, dealing 150 damage per laser. (150 x 5 = 750 if ALL lasers hit)
Bite the Sand: A magical hand will throw a shell-like bomb a few tiles away from the user to deal a devastating 170 magic damage and with a high critical chance.
Those two above can't go through blocks.

Luminade
Type: Weapon (Thrown)
Damage: 100 (Throwing)
Knockback: 9 (Very Strong)
Critical Chance: 8%
Use-Time: 35 (Slow)
Velocity: 7.5
Tooltip: ''Forged from a godly ore, this small explosion will not destroy any tiles, but is guaranteed your enemies will surely be destroyed.''
Rarity: Red
Sell: 25 Silver

Neptunian Trident
Type: Weapon (Thrown)
Damage: 75 (Throwing)
Knockback: 6 (Average)
Critical Chance: 5%
Use-Time: 21 (Fast)
Velocity: 10/15
Inflicts Debuff: Penetrated
Sell: 10 Silver

Before starting this section, I haven't planned all enemies, so I'm only going to mention two or three straight from Oceanic Temple.
And you may wonder: ''Why is this not just called 'Oceanic Temple'?'' Well, it's because this is not the only thing im planning. But I know making sub-islands will be hard for developers, and exploring every single island will be fun and at same time hard for some people, so I want to start easy.

Oceanic Guardian
Type: Enemy
Environment: Oceanic Temple
AI Type: Fighter
Damage: 95/190(E) (Melee)
---------135/170(E) (Blade)
Max Life: 2100/4200(E)
Defense: 50
KB Resist: 100%
Immune to: Poisoned-Venom-Confused-On Fire!-Penetrated
Banner: Oceanic Guardian Banner
- Drops: -
Coins: 2 Gold 50 Silver
- Items (Drops) -
Guardian's Blade (8%/12%[E])
Guardian Gloves (8%/12%[E])
Superhealing Potion (2-6) (80%)

Oceanic Caster
Type: Enemy
Environment: Oceanic Temple
AI Type: Caster:
Damage: 55/110(E) (Melee)
----------60/120(E) (Ranged)
Max Life: 900/1800(E)
Defense: 30
KB Resist: 60%/65%(E)
Inflicts Debuff: ??
Immune to: Confused-Venom-Poison-On Fire!
Banner: Oceanic Caster Banner
- Drops: -
Coins: 1 Gold 25 Silver
- Items (Drops) -
Tome of the Seven Seas (0.075%/1%[E])
Supercurative Potion (1-4) (45%)

------------------------------------------------------

The nightmare of everyone incarnated in the terror of the seas, worser than any boss you've fought, the one which will make u say ''OH GOD NO'' when you see it, the one which possibly will make you die more than one time, the one which Ancestors feared, whose texts about it always said:
''And when thou hath made him rage, thou will suffer an eternal punishment.''

This Boss's name is....

King Krahon/Fishron
- The Ancestor King -

Type: Boss
AI Type: Duke Fishron/Boss-exclusive AI?
Damage:
Melee
160/180(E)
Death Tornado
150/170(E)
Oceanic Fury
190/200(E)
Bite the Sand
210/275(E)
Ancestor's Beam
250-300

Max Life: 95,500/120,000(E)
Defense: 65 (+Resists Last Prism's Overpowerness)
Inflicts Debuff(N): Bleeding [38% Chance] [Same duration in Normal/Expert as Duke Fishron's]
Frostburn [36% Chance] [Same duration as Bleeding. 75% Chance only one of those effects is Active (So, only the strongest effect will be active if both somehow happened)
Inflicts Debuff(E): Feral Bite [38% Chance] [Same duration as Duke Fishron's]
Immune to: Venom - Poison - Confused - On Fire! - Frostburn - Stunned - Last Prism's Overpowerness

Second Form
Type: Boss
AI Type: Duke Fishron/Boss-exclusive AI?
Damage:
Melee
175/195(E)
Ancestor's Beam
220-280
King's Fury (Minimum 1 Times - Maximum 4 Times)
Defense: 48 (+Resists Last Prism)
Inflicts Debuff(N)(E): Same as above.
Immune to: Same as above.

- Drops -
Coins: 2 Platinum 20 Gold

- Items -
Only one of the following items will be dropped

Tome of the Seven Seas (25%)
Oceanic Fury (25%)
Part of Oceanic King Armor (25%)
Oceanic King's Scythe (25%) (<--Stats have not been made, if you want you can suggest the stats!)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Supercurative Healing Potion (4-8) (100%)
King Arkhon/Fishron's Mask (16%)
King Arkhon/Fishron's Trophy (10%)
Treasure Bag (King Fishron) (100%) (E)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not going to lie:
1.- I wanted to make this Boss literal hell, nothing more, nothing less. (Pst, little spoiler: I'm gonna suggest worse things in terms of difficulty)
2.- I'm kind of ''lazy'' to explain all attacks so I'm going to say this:

Melee is just the Boss dashing towards the enemy.
Death Tornado is a giant black Tornado with Skull-Sharks.
Oceanic Fury is a powerful water-themed combo
Bite the Sand is one of the Skills in the Tome of the Seven Seas, but with different effect.
Ancestor's Beam is similar to the Martian Saucer's Deathray, cyan-colored, bigger, and stronger.
King's Fury is a even stronger Oceanic Fury.

Oh, also, before finishing:
The Boss teleports you to a big ocean-themed Arena on a apparently infinite world, no matter how much you run, you'll never reach the end. But you can't escape the Boss, as he can also inflict a version of ''Fear''.
20 seconds of calm will occur before Boss appears.
Once death, 10 seconds of calm will occur before going back to Post-Hardmode.

How to Summon:
Thanks to 'Aa13873' for telling me I forgot to add how to summon the Boss, lol.

The way to summon the Boss is getting to the final room of the Oceanic Temple and killing 4 floating crystals, which have a decent 500 HP and can't attack at all.
However, every crystal destroyed will summon a Oceanic Guardian with 5% more stats.
Once all them are broken, the Boss Process will start. (Told above)

AND THIS IS ALL - Thank you for reading!
Please, be sure to leave feedback, constructive criticism, and you can also leave your own suggestions!
I'm going to do more Post-Hardmode Stuff once I have more time, at least 4-6 replies are posted and I get more ideas.
Thank you, again!

[THIS IS WIP - Due to my time here, I can't post much, but I'll be sure to update this pretty constantly with all I can, I'm sorry if the post is too long/too short right now, but I hope you understand this.]

[THIS IS OCEAN-BIOME STUFF - Post-Hardmode Stuff related to other stuff will happen if a lot of people likes this idea.
Trust me, I have a lot of ideas on mind.]
[/spoiler]

Last edited:
Finally, i always wanted to go through loads of water with nothing new in it.
Ayy
Fortunately, my idea will don't include just loads of water :^)
Once I have the time, I'll post the mini-biomes I have in mind, actually they are just a few.

EDIT 1: Ok, so, so far I have Mini-Biomes, Items, Equipment and I'm working at Weapons. Be sure to comment feedback!
EDIT 2: Finished the Ocean Biome stuff. Be sure to check it out and leave some opinions!

Last edited:
My only issues are that I have nno clue how to summon the boss, and the kilers necklace would desyroy the dungeoun gaurdian.
Dungeon Guardian is considered, at least for me, a Boss, so the necklace won't work.
And seems like I forgot how to summon the Boss, I'm gonna update it and add a ''EDIT'' below.

EDIT:
Updated the Boss section, added How to Summon.
Thanks Aa13873!

The thing with endgame content:
Now I have something to take it to with my meowmere!
2 hours later: Why did I even get an oceanic fury? I have nothing to take it to!

The thing with endgame content:
Now I have something to take it to with my meowmere!
2 hours later: Why did I even get an oceanic fury? I have nothing to take it to!
Ah, yes! Sorry, I don't have enough free time to make more endgame content, But I promise once I have the time, I'll share more ideas!
I don't want to give a lot of stuff in a post because I would like a suggestion to have high chances of being added. The more, complex stuff one adds and writes, the lower the chance is a suggestion will be in the game.

Last edited:
Really cool post, I would love something like this to be added ~:). Here are a few minor changes I that think will make it even better. 1: Change the cutlass to a better weapon ~-_-, its not at all useful for Post-Hardmode. 2: No copper or silver in the chests please ~o_O, it becomes totally useless. Otherwise really cool suggestion ~:passionate:.

Really cool post, I would love something like this to be added ~:). Here are a few minor changes I that think will make it even better. 1: Change the cutlass to a better weapon ~-_-, its not at all useful for Post-Hardmode. 2: No copper or silver in the chests please ~o_O, it becomes totally useless. Otherwise really cool suggestion ~:passionate:.

Oh, didn't see this lol, haven't checked the forums in some time!
Ty for the advice, I may change it when I have time, and change copper/silver by better ores

I was kind of hoping for the boss to be “Cthulhu”, but it’s a great idea nevertheless.

Back
Top Bottom