Weapons & Equip Post-Mech Cross-Class Armors - Blazing and Toxic Frost armor couterparts

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
In order to give all dual-class combinations their own armor, I propose the introduction of two new armor sets which act as Melee-Magic and Ranged-Magic counterparts of Frost armor, which is a Melee-Ranged set.

(Thanks go to @Milt69466 for the armor sprites. Really, thanks a lot!)

Here are the stats of Frost armor for reference:

Frost Armor - 43 Defense

Primary Ingredient:
index.php
Glacial Bars (50)
Required Souls:
Soul_of_Might.png
Souls of Might (30)
Special Ingredient: Frost Core
Dropped by Ice Golems. 100% rate. (Guaranteed)

Frost_Helmet.png
Frost Helmet
10 Defense
+16% Melee and Ranged damage.

Frost_Breastplate.png
Frost Breastplate
20 Defense
+11% Melee and Ranged crits.

Frost_Leggings.png
Frost Leggings
13 Defense
+8% Movement speed
+7% Melee speed.

Set Bonus: Melee and Ranged attacks inflict Frostburn.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

index.php
(Thanks for the sprites, Milt!)
Inferno (or Blazing) Armor - 40 Defense
Required Souls:
Soul_of_Fright.png
Souls of Fright (30)
Primary Ingredient:
Hellstone_Bar.png
Hellstone Bars (54)

Special Ingredient: Fire Heart
Dropped by Infernal Dragons. 100% (Always.)

index.php

Inferno Helmet
10 Defense
+3% Melee and Magic crits.
+60 Mana.

index.php

Inferno Breastplate
18 Defense
+18% Melee and Magic damage.

index.php

Inferno Leggings
12 Defense
+6% Melee and Magic crits.

Set Bonus: Melee and Magic attacks inflict On Fire!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

index.php
(Thanks again, Milt!)
Toxic Armor - 37 Defense

Primary Ingredient:
Hallowed_Bar.png
Hallowed Bars (46)
Required Souls:
Soul_of_Sight.png
Souls of Sight (30)
Special Ingredient: Poison Essence
Dropped by Moss Hornets. 2% rate. (1/50)

index.php

Toxic Helmet
9 Defense
+15% Ranged and Magic damage.

index.php

Toxic Breastplate
16 Defense
20% chance to not consume ammo.
-7% Mana usage.

index.php

Toxic Leggings
12 Defense
+12% Ranged and Magic crits.

Set Bonus: Ranged and Magic attacks inflict Poison.

That's the suggestion. If you have questions or comments, feel free to speak up. Feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
Are you thinking of doing anything with the "summoner class?"
The thing about cross-class Summoner armors is that Summoner is a "cross-class" in itself. Since Summoner weapons and Melee/Ranged/Magic weapons can be (and have to be) used simultaneously, it would be taking full advantage of both, which feels a bit OP to me. It would have to be balanced accordingly, not having "either these good bonuses or these other ones based on what weapons you use," and instead be "get both of these slight bonuses." Doesn't feel worthwhile to me, especially when you can just wear different classed accessories along with Summoner armor or the other way around.

Last edited:
The thing about cross-class Summoner armors is that Summoner is a "cross-class" in itself. Since Summoner weapons and Melee/Ranged/Magic weapons can be (and have to be) used simultaneously, it would be taking full advantage of both, which feels a bit OP to me. it would have to be balanced accordingly, not having "either these good bonuses or these other ones based on what weapons you use," and instead be "get both of these slight bonuses." Doesn't feel worthwhile to me, especially when you can just wear different classed accessories along with Summoner armor or the other way around.

Ah. I understand, and total agree.

Man, If I was good at spriting, I would totally make them. Let me see what I can do.

What if the new armors got special buffs?
Frostburn is kind of a special buff, so what if this:

Toxic debuff:
Toxic debuff causes you to lose 7 life per second and negates buffs. Player turns greenish.

Inferno debuff:
Inferno debuff causes you to lose 5 life per second and negates potions. Burning animation on player.

I just realized you could have Ichor armor or something...

What if the new armors got special buffs?
Frostburn is kind of a special buff, so what if this:

Toxic debuff:
Toxic debuff causes you to lose 7 life per second and negates buffs. Player turns greenish.

Inferno debuff:
Inferno debuff causes you to lose 5 life per second and negates potions. Burning animation on player.

I just realized you could have Ichor armor or something...
I'm going to have to refuse. I picked fire and Poison because these are supposed to be less potent debuffs than Frostburn. Armor for Ichor and stuff would be better made in a mod.

I support this even though I feel the debuffs here are too useless for 2 reasons :
1)fire gauntlet already provides the Inferno sets bonuses to all melee attacks perhaps a different set bonus could be developed do they all really have to be DOTs?
2)poison is useless even in most of the early game it should either be replaced with the slightly less useless venom or receive a buff(which honestly all DOTs need...)

I support this even though I feel the debuffs here are too useless for 2 reasons :
1)fire gauntlet already provides the Inferno sets bonuses to all melee attacks perhaps a different set bonus could be developed do they all really have to be DOTs?
Fire Gauntlet doesn't work for Magic weapons, though.
2)poison is useless even in most of the early game it should either be replaced with the slightly less useless venom or receive a buff(which honestly all DOTs need...)[/QUOTE]
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/changes-and-buffs-to-dot-debuffs.1403/
;)

Umm seems your message broke... :dryadwhat:
Also yes it doesn't work for magic weapons but I don't feel that is enough to validate it though it's true there isn't really a better option...
While your suggestion is an significant improvement, face it that with the health of hardmode foes no DOT is really worthwhile... take 4 hit points from...300,4000 ish HP? It doesn't really do anything to a hardmode enemy especially post mech (remember the Dungeon, Lizahard temple and the Jungle are the really only remaining areas for these armors to be used in and quite a few of these enemies are immune to these debuffs)
Perhaps some of those DOT additional effects could be felt by enemies? (with the number of enemies affected by poison so low it has to be worth it... which is why I think venom would be a better choice...)

Additionally note that Toxic armor is actually post all 3 mechanical bosses unlike the other two yet is by far the weakest. To make the armor one could already create superior armors that render it nearly obsolete as one could preform better with a class related armor Thus it needs something as now its a bit weak...

This Is pretty cool, but it feels kind of excessive to have four armor types in the same tier.
(Hallowed, frost, ect..)

sooo what you're proposing is hybrid armor? you sir, deserve a damn award! this is actually one of the better suggestions i've ever seen :D

hybriding classes in general can get painfully complicated with how much further the solo classes are boosted these days, and getting involved with gear that actually keeps the focus entirely on hybrid, is an admirable change of pace.

that said, may i suggest staying awesome? but seriously, i found the overall boosts to be nice, but in all fairness, what would the drawbacks be? since hybrid should never be 100% flawless purely by design :|

an example of what i mean, (picking on the mage bonuses because i'm a mage) the magic bonuses, you've reduced mana usage in the sets, i think you should consider changing it to increased usage to help balance out the perk of hybriding with the class. and so on for all of the sets where and how it is proper to do so. just a thought really. was never a fan of 100% gain with 0% flaw, really hurts the glamour of powerful gear in my opinion.

all that aside, i found your concepts to be very nice and i do believe, very original as far as i can tell.

i hope this suggestion gets additional support from the community and consideration from the dev team :)

cheers!

This idea overall is really cool, I'd love to have it in the game. Bravo, the formatting and everything is great. I very much enjoy reading your suggestions.

Updated the main post.
Added the amount of Bars required to craft each set of armor. Also added Mechanical Boss Souls to the recipe to keep them all in post-Mech tier.
(Also, each mechanical boss soul seemed to be perfectly colored to match each armor set. It's like this was always meant to be...)

The whole idea seems pretty cool, just one thing bugged me out...
Why does toxic armor have to be harder to obtain?
Firstly, it needs chlorophyte bars
haven't done my research, but you can only get chlorophyte ore if you kill all 3 mechanical bosses right?
whereas the others only need 1 mechanical boss and a mini-boss killed?
secondly, a minor thingy, 1/50 chance to get the poison essence makes it even harder to obtain, maybe change it to become obtained 100% from a mini-boss in the jungle or something?

Back
Top Bottom