Weapons & Equip Post Moon Lord Boomerang?

CornMaized

The Destroyer
Terraria has a multitude of fun melee weapon types. And in the end game we get quite a few to toy with. But a glaring absence is the sudden removal of the boomerang type? We get the paladin’s hammer and possessed axe and then.. nothing? I feel like we should get some sort of fun multi throw boomerang, like the bananarang on steroids. It would also be funny if the Paladin’s and Possessed combined into a “Throwing Hammax” as they both have the names of tools. I mean it seems to be a popular weapon type, the calamity mod made a whole class for it. Now I don’t really see this will getting added with the final update around the corner but still.

Frankly, there isn't much to criticize, as you didn't give any stats for it and there also isn't even a mention of what gimmicks it would have/what actually makes it post moon lord. Also, all post moon lord weapons are currently drops from him/are going to be combined WITH stuff dropped from him, so I would recommend making it an independent thing.

Also, melee really doesn't need any more post moon lord drops, as currently, it has three post moon lord weapons, while all the other classes have only two.

See thank you! That’s what I wanted.
For the too many moon lord melee drops I did actually consider that, I feel like it being acquired separately pre moon lord would just put it in competition with the other two boomerangs. But if it’s after I don’t feel confident suggesting post the actual final boss content outside of saying it would make a cool Mod. So that is a problem I haven’t exactly thought of a solution for.
but If I did have to suggest something: Weapons like Night’s Edge and the Terrablade have always had a great feel to me. As I love instead of replacing a weapon combining it to make a new powerful thing. So perhaps you could take the hatchet, and the hammer with some solar fragments and maybe luminite and make this weapon. Stats wise I would say High velocity is a must, solid range (maybe a little farther than solar eruption) I think three being thrown out would be fun but not insane, give them the hatchet’s homing, hammer’s piercing, and a on hit effect where it sends out several more hammaxes in a very short range star burst that go out and then back in. (As if they had been thrown from the impact area.) If a weapon like this would be added I do feel that the other classes would need a similarly acquired weapon so that melee doesn’t end up with two more endgame choices than everyone else.

Terraria has a multitude of fun melee weapon types. And in the end game we get quite a few to toy with. But a glaring absence is the sudden removal of the boomerang type? We get the paladin’s hammer and possessed axe and then.. nothing? I feel like we should get some sort of fun multi throw boomerang, like the bananarang on steroids. It would also be funny if the Paladin’s and Possessed combined into a “Throwing Hammax” as they both have the names of tools. I mean it seems to be a popular weapon type, the calamity mod made a whole class for it. Now I don’t really see this will getting added with the final update around the corner but still.
For me, Solar Eruption is already a kind of boomerang.
I know it's a Flail, but depending on how the game works and stuff it's just a boomerang with a rope behind it, just for decoration, so to speak.

I... I originally had that in my original post that “I know someone is going to say the eruption is a boomerang but they behave extremely differently”
1. Boomerangs return upon impacting a surface
2. They return faster upon hitting a enemy (unless they pierce)
3. They only have a single trajectory and each object thrown by a boomerang is its own entity.
However you do have a point and I think the solar eruption is sort of the b***ard child of a boomerang and a flail for the endgame. (Does that count as a swear?)

Back
Top Bottom