Weapons & Equip Post - Moon Lord dimension, armour, tools and enemies (hear me out please)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, it's me again. More people than expected liked my Tiger post, so I decided to put more of my ideas on the wonderful Terraria Community Forums!

This time, I wanted an excuse to make new armours. This thread will also include weapons, enemies, tools, and of course, a new dimension.
---Chapter 1: First Things First---
When you defeat the Moon Lord, he will now have a 100% chance of dropping the Moon Manipulator. This really needs a better name, suggest please! This doesn't have much use yet, but put it in your house, because OH BOY will you need it later. When Moon Lord is defeated, it would be cool if a new NPC could move in that was four aliens fitting in one house... The Celestial Vendors. These strange extraterrestrial beings will sell Fragments, maybe some accessories (get to those later) and a key item to progression:
The Rocket Engine.
When Moon Lord is defeated, a message will appear saying "The dying energy of the Moon Lord biologically enhances the Moon..." If you craft the Rocket Engine together with 10 Luminite Bars, you will get the Spacecraft. Place this somewhere safe without any blocks up to 40 tiles above it, and right click it. A menu will come up, with two options: Refuel (it takes Rocket Fuel to do this, which is sold by the Aliens) and Lift-off. Selecting Lift-off will use one fifth of the fuel tank. An engine-roar sound will play, the screen will go black for a few seconds and you will be on the Moon!

The moon's surface is very barren. A few Craters will form, containing a Lunar Chest. This might contain Gold Coins, Chlorophyte Bars, Lunar Fragments, and sometimes a Cheese Processor (a crafting station used to make Cheese Furniture. Cheese is found in small deposits on the Moon's surface). What you really want to do is use a Luminite Pickaxe / Drill Containment Unit or better to dig down to the Moon's Core (which is essentially the Moon Underground).

---Chapter 2: The Moon's Core---
The Core will be divided into four quarters: The Gravity Glitchzone, the Moonquake Caverns, the Shattered Reality and the Dark Side Of The Moon. The Gravity Glitchzone will be focused on distortion and the colour purple, the Moonquake Caverns will be all about the ground shaking and the colour brown, the Shattered Reality will focus on shards of light and the colour cyan, and the Dark Side Of The Moon... well.. I'll get to that later.

In all of these, you'll find a new, common ore, Asteroid. Get the Asteroid and craft it into bars at your titanium/adamantine forge. Then, you'll want to kill enemies in the sector you want equipment from.
Moonquake = melee
Gravity = ranged
Shattered = magic

Here's the enemy info!
[SPOILER="Moonquake Caverns"
Seismic Golem
100 damage
1000 max life
40 defence
Fighter AI
Similar to the Granite Golem, it will occasionally block your attacks.
It also has a ground-pound attack that will inflict frozen for 2 seconds.

Moon Knight
60 damage
500 max life
20 defence
Fighter AI
Weak, but spawns in numbers
[/SPOILER]

Last edited:
Hmmm... This is pretty creative, but I'm almost certain that there's no intended tier above Moon Lord gear and that that won't change. So if there is a new biome, it would have to be a challenge only; it can't give anything better than what the Moon Lord already drops. Equal, perhaps.

I know I've seen threads about making the moon an explorable place before, but I have to say that the cheese deposits and furniture are new and creative. They made me grin. And I'm always game for more places to explore. Still... I really don't know how viable it is to have a separate world generated linked to each world. And without innate knowledge of Terraria's engine, I can't say whether it's possible or not. But just hazarding a guess... I rather doubt it.

Hmmm... This is pretty creative, but I'm almost certain that there's no intended tier above Moon Lord gear and that that won't change. So if there is a new biome, it would have to be a challenge only; it can't give anything better than what the Moon Lord already drops. Equal, perhaps.

I know I've seen threads about making the moon an explorable place before, but I have to say that the cheese deposits and furniture are new and creative. They made me grin. And I'm always game for more places to explore. Still... I really don't know how viable it is to have a separate world generated linked to each world. And without innate knowledge of Terraria's engine, I can't say whether it's possible or not. But just hazarding a guess... I rather doubt it.
You're right. The idea this started from was a few sketches for a new ranged armour. Most of my suggestions aren't meant to be added to the game, they're just for fun. I imagine this stuff would be sort of an alternative to farming the Moon Lord, I hear that's annoying and hard. Thanks for the cheese compliment lol

I believe that Terraria's engine cannot support alternate dimensions, but it could probably load in a new "moon-world" accessible through the rocket.

I actually like the idea of a post game biome.
I been a fan of post game levels and stuff, like the Levels in the 3D i Wii u Mario game
All that is missing Is an awesome super boss to go with the biome, (like a moon queen or something)

I actually like the idea of a post game biome.
I been a fan of post game levels and stuff, like the Levels in the 3D i Wii u Mario game
All that is missing Is an awesome super boss to go with the biome, (like a moon queen or something)
No post moon lord bosses plz
I'm not continuing this thread sadly

This is pretty big... If this were to be added, this would take up a huge update. The Moon Lord was cool in 1.3, but if you keep adding to it, it feels a bit unfair for everything below post-moonlord.

This is pretty big... If this were to be added, this would take up a huge update. The Moon Lord was cool in 1.3, but if you keep adding to it, it feels a bit unfair for everything below post-moonlord.
Yeah. I see that now, that's why I discontinued this thread. I'll just lock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom