Biomes & Nature Post-moonlord idea

Kuthooloo

Terrarian
So we've all (probably) beaten the moonlord and gotten the portal gun, right? right. So I was thinking just as a way to advance the game: After beating the moonlord and attaining the portal gun you can fire it at the moon then fire at a flat surface, walk through the portal and BAM the third major part of the game. The moon phase. You can get new ores and fight new bosses all helping you to do the same with the sun; See before you get to the sun it's completely hostile, sure you can portal there but the second you walk through the portal its immense heat burns you to death no matter how much anti-fire gear you have so going to the moon and gearing up with stuff to let you traverse the sun is a must.

Now onto what's actually ON the moon.The moon as you'd expect has some wildly low gravity letting you float around and generally making speed boosts, wings and the sort mostly useless. On the moon you'll of course find martians like with the invasions except beefier, basically just stronger zombies that spawn all day round instead of just at night cause well, that's their home. they live there; zombies sorta just sprout out of the ground like black mold.

The sun on the other hand? Well I don't have any ideas for it at the moment other than stuff that just sounds like the solar pillar. This was all just me tossing out and spitballing stuff I thought of after fighting the moonlord, other ideas are wholeheartedly welcomed!

I like the idea but maybe it could be an alt world that unlocks after ml? The devs have confirmed that there’s not going to be any post ml bosses or whatever,

I don't think the game needs post-ML content such as more endgame bosses, and as was mentioned before, it was confirmed that ML is the final boss. As for a sun counterpart to the Moon Lord, Golem is often overlooked as a sun-themed boss. It is in desperate need of a buff, in my eyes, but this is besides the point.

I do enjoy the idea of having an alternate moon dimension to explore after beating the Moon Lord, however. It doesn't need to have crazy boss battles, but a complex, lifeless landscape whose atmosphere (or lack thereof) is hostile to the player would add an interesting dynamic to the game. The timeless, eternal treasures found here, while not nearly as game-breaking as those discovered when ML is defeated, would suit a daring endgame player who is willing to endure the vacuum of space after already risking so much to get to where they are.

Keep developing this idea.

Reactions: Bry
You've said way too little here, but let's jump into what you did say.
See before you get to the sun it's completely hostile, sure you can portal there but the second you walk through the portal its immense heat burns you to death no matter how much anti-fire gear you have so going to the moon and gearing up with stuff to let you traverse the sun is a must.
So literally all previous armors are invalidated. Sounds like a bad move.
The moon as you'd expect has some wildly low gravity letting you float around and generally making speed boosts, wings and the sort mostly useless.
Once again, item invalidation is bad
On the moon you'll of course find martians like with the invasions except beefier, basically just stronger zombies that spawn all day round instead of just at night cause well, that's their home. they live there; zombies sorta just sprout out of the ground like black mold.
Don't martians live on you know... mars?
The sun on the other hand? Well I don't have any ideas for it at the moment other than stuff that just sounds like the solar pillar.
Guess there isn't much to talk about.

Now, let's talk about everything what you don't have. Here's a bullet point list for your convenience:

• Enemies (other than that one fighter ai)
  • Loot (why else would I go there?)
  • Terrain (how is the moon shaped, how big is it, what blocks is it made of)
  • Other (is there a day and night cycle, are there invasions to it, can npcs live on the moon, etc.)

Back
Top Bottom