Game Mechanics Post Moonlord ideas

patrav

Terrarian
So, everyone knows when you defeat the moonlord you get the portal gun... and most people know that in the game portal during the ending sequence ( spoilers) you shoot a portal at the moon.

So, what if in terraria we could do this after defeating the moon lord and essentially enter his own domain (the moon) and there could be themed monsters that look related to the moon lord or that look native to the moon. Then there could be endless ideas of new content to add on the moon. Perhaps Cthulhu himself?

This just sounded like a fun idea to me, i would like to see what people think of it. At least the developers could consider adding this as an easter egg because it's such a fun idea to me.

It sound neat, but a few things.
1. This is incredibly vauge
2. How would this change during moon events?
3. This leaves a lingering question: What would happen if you shot at the dun?

So, if you didnt catch what i said at first I meant you recieve the portal gun from the moon lord and then with the portal gun you are able to place a portal on the moon by clicking it with a portal gun and then any place around you and it creates a portal that you can jump through. Also what is the dun?

Whoa that brings up a great idea. If you clicked on the sun perhaps you could go to a solar dimension? With all the creatures from the solar pillar there. I have a feeling this is taking it too far for their engine but it sounds like a great idea.

How about there is another moonlord-like boss called Sunlord or something drops some sort of anti-heat armor to protect you on the sun and some sort of ultra portal gun to go to the sun, which is probably way farther away than the moon, like in actual life
[doublepost=1542759249,1542759212][/doublepost]i said some sort of way too much

I really like this idea in this stage of the game there isn't much the devs could add but this would be a major expansion similar to how the game improved with the DD2 crossover

I think that this is a good idea, and I think that the moon could have the pillars in some kind of a dormant state or something. I also think that there should be some kind of accessory that lets breath on the moon, and that the moon should be populated with passive ai versions of each lunar event enemy to trade with for special currency moonlord drops. The gravity globe could also be used for some kind of expert only miniboss rush where most of the mechanics rely on gravity switching using the globe. It would be a pretty unique addition.

So, everyone knows when you defeat the moonlord you get the portal gun... and most people know that in the game portal during the ending sequence ( spoilers) you shoot a portal at the moon.

So, what if in terraria we could do this after defeating the moon lord and essentially enter his own domain (the moon) and there could be themed monsters that look related to the moon lord or that look native to the moon. Then there could be endless ideas of new content to add on the moon. Perhaps Cthulhu himself?

This just sounded like a fun idea to me, i would like to see what people think of it. At least the developers could consider adding this as an easter egg because it's such a fun idea to me.
Whoa that brings up a great idea. If you clicked on the sun perhaps you could go to a solar dimension? With all the creatures from the solar pillar there. I have a feeling this is taking it too far for their engine but it sounds like a great idea.
How about there is another moonlord-like boss called Sunlord or something drops some sort of anti-heat armor to protect you on the sun and some sort of ultra portal gun to go to the sun, which is probably way farther away than the moon, like in actual life
[doublepost=1542759249,1542759212][/doublepost]i said some sort of way too much
I think that this is a good idea, and I think that the moon could have the pillars in some kind of a dormant state or something. I also think that there should be some kind of accessory that lets breath on the moon, and that the moon should be populated with passive ai versions of each lunar event enemy to trade with for special currency moonlord drops. The gravity globe could also be used for some kind of expert only miniboss rush where most of the mechanics rely on gravity switching using the globe. It would be a pretty unique addition.

I don't like this idea for Vanilla. Terraria blantantly points at the moonlord in the game and practically yells at you "END." I mean, when you summon him, the text says "Impending Doom Approaches." When you kill the moonlord, he is the only boss with a dying animation and a bright light flashes after beating him. If that doesn't scream "End," I don't know what does. Even one of the weapons is called a "Celebration." I just think that post moon Lord content wouldn't fit well with vanilla

I agree the moon lord should continue to be the story final boss, but it'd be very nice if Terraria had some sort of postgame, even if it was a single absurdly difficult superboss, or perhaps a reward for beating moonlord a certain way, say defeating him on Hardcore Expert, unlocking a part 2 to the fight

I agree the moon lord should continue to be the story final boss, but it'd be very nice if Terraria had some sort of postgame, even if it was a single absurdly difficult superboss, or perhaps a reward for beating moonlord a certain way, say defeating him on Hardcore Expert, unlocking a part 2 to the fight
If that were to happen, there would be a number of people angry cause that's one chunk of the game you can't even get to. Barely anyone can get through a hardcore expert mode playthrough

If that were to happen, there would be a number of people angry cause that's one chunk of the game you can't even get to. Barely anyone can get through a hardcore expert mode playthrough
first of all, that was just an example. Also the point of it being a superboss is that it's inherently difficult to get to

first of all, that was just an example. Also the point of it being a superboss is that it's inherently difficult to get to
Still, it wouldn't be worth it. It takes longer than you might think to make a boss. What's the point of a boss if no one is gonna be able to get to it. It's just not a very "Terraria" thing to add

Still, it wouldn't be worth it. It takes longer than you might think to make a boss. What's the point of a boss if no one is gonna be able to get to it. It's just not a very "Terraria" thing to add
again, it was an example. it doesn't HAVE to be hardcore expert, I'm not a game designer, but I can give examples to the game designers at hand.

Spider boy, these are suggestions, and I know full well it won't happen since Terraria's engine struggles as it is, so I'm whatifing more than anything else. However, it would be nice if someone made a mod for this or something (Not that Tmodloader works for me, but my computer is a ten year old iMac that I bought for £80) What I'm saying is that this won't happen because of engine problems but it's nice to think about it.

Back
Top Bottom