Post the worst luck you have every had in Terraria here.

Still have not gotten the Unicorn on a stick. That thing has alluded me for such a long time even when I didn't know about it, I've killed thousands of Unicorns and have yet to have it drop. xD

I stumbled upon my first bee hive and I said "wow! lucky!" Then a jungle bat followed me in and I slashed at it with my ice sword, the ice bolt goes under the honey and hits the larva. 'Nuff said.

Later on I find yet another bee hive and this time the larva was in plain site so I say to myself "gotta be extra careful" and proceeded to envelop the thing in mud bricks so I don't accidentally hit it. Later I swing my pickaxe at something near it. 'Nuff said.

The way things are going I might not get a chance to actually kill a Queen Bee. I hope there's another hive somewhere... I promise this time around I will leave the darned thing alone and dig around it.

I don't complain about RNG often (it honestly doesn't bother me), buuut I remember spending at least 15 Slime Crowns to get one King Slime trophy for the collection. The 99 slime wasn't that bad each time, but each crown is 30 gold bars. 30 x ~15 leads to around 450 gold bars spent, give or take a crown or two.

Soon as I finally got that trophy, I could spare the already decimated gold supply I had left... :nursecrying:

I killed WOF about 25 time to get a warrior emblem. The first 3 times dropped me the assault rifle. Then he dropped me a sorcerer emblem 6 times consecutive! Then he dropped me breaker blades, ranger emblems, laser rifle,etc. I started thinking that it was a joke, or i was going mad. Took me hours of farming voodoo demons. The underworld sountrack keeps ringing in my head.

Worst luck.. Hmm..
Well, I've been pretty lucky in Terraria in the 1000+ Hours I've put into it, three Whoopee Cushions, oodles of Key Moulds, a couple Unicorn on a Stick's.
But. Can I get a whole set of Boss Trophies and Masks? The RNG says no. -_-
Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen either of the Twin's trophies or a Skeletron Mask.

3 Rods of Discord, 19 Unicorns on a Stick, At least 3 of every Ice queen Drop (Except Rudolph), Lucky Lucky Coin, 2 Slime Staffs

...Can't Get The Axe

Last edited:
Getting something specific in generation when creating a world. Like corruption took me 7th or 8th time before I got it.

Other times took me a few times when looking for a world tree or pyramid...

finding an underground cabin to get something I had gotten in surface chests many times already. ><

All I can think of since I don't really look for many hardmode stuff; I just get those when I get them. I progress pretty slow...

I had spent several days grinding Ice Mimics for the Toy Sled. I spawned so many of them using the water candle, battle potions and multi-layered platforms, and they just kept refusing to drop it. For crying out loud, I ended up finding over 999 Souls of Light and several key molds, one of which dropped from one of those darn Mimics. I was so relieved when I finally got it.

And then, the feeling when the first Ice Mimic encounter on another character drops a Toy Sled.

Back
Top Bottom