Post the worst luck you have every had in Terraria here.

Alright, I still have never legit found an enchanted sword, even after at least 1000 more hours since my first post here.
I've had 700 hours on Terraria PC, and a lot more than that on Terraria XB360 overall. And not one. I've found a fair few of the silly underground altar thingies, and they've always had the fakes. Broke them, dropped nothing. I've never had a legitimate one (I've cheated it in, but never for progression sake. Just to look at).

Also, never had a snowball launcher, but that's mostly down to my lack of visiting snow biomes, really.

Alright, so I recently started a new world, my first since 1.3 (PC). I made it a small world, because I don't know, I'm stupid or something. So I'm having a grand old time, taking my sweet time absorbing all the new content, having fun with fishing, etc. Then once I beat the Wall of Flesh, I'm super hyped up to see where my new corrupted and hallowed biomes are.

And the hallowed biome, the thing I'm always most excited for, is almost entirely sharing the same space as the jungle. Which makes everything really, really :red:ing annoying.

Don't play small worlds, kids.

Alright, so I recently started a new world, my first since 1.3 (PC). I made it a small world, because I don't know, I'm stupid or something. So I'm having a grand old time, taking my sweet time absorbing all the new content, having fun with fishing, etc. Then once I beat the Wall of Flesh, I'm super hyped up to see where my new corrupted and hallowed biomes are.

And the hallowed biome, the thing I'm always most excited for, is almost entirely sharing the same space as the jungle. Which makes everything really, really :red:ing annoying.

Don't play small worlds, kids.
Coulda been the corrupted biome that was in the jungle. That would have been far worse.

Coulda been the corrupted biome that was in the jungle. That would have been far worse.
This is so true sadly back in 1.2 my jungle was cut right through by the crimson a total pain in the *** to deal with and I had even spent hours quarantining it prehardmode...
Back then the only solution was explosions... 0_o I literally had to blow up and rebuild the jungle... :(

As for drops 50+ Plantera kills no Nettleburst (I did acquire The Axe long before I got a Nettleburst)

This is so true sadly back in 1.2 my jungle was cut right through by the crimson a total pain in the *** to deal with and I had even spent hours quarantining it prehardmode...
Back then the only solution was explosions... 0_o I literally had to blow up and rebuild the jungle... :(

As for drops 50+ Plantera kills no Nettleburst (I did acquire The Axe long before I got a Nettleburst)

I'm pretty new to Terraria, so a friend had to explain that my jungle being sandwiched between two Crimson deposits pre-hardmode was a really bad thing.

Anyway, the worst luck I've had so far is from hardmode. I could not get Giant Tortoises to drop shells. I killed 76 before a single one dropped.

I'm pretty new to Terraria, so a friend had to explain that my jungle being sandwiched between two Crimson deposits pre-hardmode was a really bad thing.

Anyway, the worst luck I've had so far is from hardmode. I could not get Giant Tortoises to drop shells. I killed 76 before a single one dropped.
Ouch I haven't had much difficulty with jungle drops for 1.2 it was likely due to building my mansion in the jungle. (Other people get slimes demon eyes possessed armor and zombies, I get Derplings Tortoises and angry trappers.) It is a surprisingly nice place for a home... If you don't mind the derpling swarms or Blood moons...

Speaking of which would you consider it good or bad luck to get a case of blood moon->solar eclipse-blood moon *martian invasion*->solar eclipse? I think my world wanted to kill me... Ever tried fighting a saucer, Mothron Vampires Deadly spheres Eyezor while dodging a barrage of martians while intending to go out fishing?

Then on that note there was a similar incident back in 1.2 were a solar eclipse directly followed an attempt at the Pumpkin moon... I only wanted to sell my loot before it could despawn (FYI Terraria has an item cap after which any new drop replaces the old ones) :(

Now for drops I think I had to kill at least 500 Ice Tortoises to get a frozen shell, probably a lot more but I lost count...

Alright, so this one time I was planning to make some Turtle Armor for my melee class and I set off to the Underground Jungle with some spelunker potions. I came back with over 300 Chlorophyte Ore and 3 Turtle Shells... I thought that the crafting recipe for Turtle Armor was Chlorophyte Armor with Turtle Shells, so I first made the Chlorophyte Armor and went over to my Anvil... it didn't show up. So it turned out that you just need chlorophyte bars to make turtle shells.. this made me pretty mad, but luckily, I still had enough and I made the turtle armor. So now I had a set of turtle armor and a set of chlorophyte armor. I shift-clicked the turtle armor on... except it didn't put it on. It put all the turtle armor in the bin, leaving me with just a set of chlorophyte armor. I also accidentally put 4 Yelets in the bin, one being godly. Don't ask me how. I just did. :(

No lucky horseshoe I n my world, and my temple spawned so the door is unreachable i was pissed!! Then I got thinking.....hmmmm.... teleport? Yep thank the steam punk gods for selling me the teleporter, without that it was f this world start again lol

Trying to get specific drops from the shadow orbs, specifically the Vilethorn, but I keep on getting Muskets.

I had to kill about 3 Eater of Worlds for ONE Vilethorn.

Lucky me.

I bought a Minishark from that guy that sells guns that I can't be bothered remembering the name of, it was lethargic.
Then I eventually got the money to upgrade it, attempted twice and both times I got negative prefixes.
The prefix that I got stuck with was worse than what I started with. :mad:

Was fighting the moon lord, got the bug where u cant use items, I thought I was doing pretty well with my dragon summon, BUT, then my heart statues stopped working. and I died.

This may not sound like much (because I'm super new), but:
Works forty five minutes to get the molten pick.

Thinks they're selling the nightmare pick.

Is actually selling the molten one.

I killed my merchant after that.

Did I ever tell you about the time I spent several hours in a single spot trying to find a frozen turtle shell?

5r4u9.jpg

I go to the dungeon to farm some ectoplasm. While I'm approaching it, a martian probe catches me, and just when I'm entering, a solar eclipse starts.

I decide to fight the eclipse monsters. I consider fighting at home, but I know the martians are waiting for me back there, so I have no choice but fighting them right where I am. At one moment, I accidentally kill one of the cultists and the rest start attacking me. I'm forced to kill them, but the Lunatic Cultist doesn't appear. I assume it's due to the solar eclipse.

The eclipse ends, and finally I'm free to enter the dungeon. Once down, the first enemy attacks me, and I realise too late it's a cultist that somehow had gone all the way down there. The Lunatic Cultist appears in the middle of the dungeon, thankfully I'm more than enough geared to kill him easily. The celestial events start, and suddenly purple guys invade the dungeon: the Nebula pillar has spawned right on top of the dungeon.

I decide to forget about farming ectoplasm and I go back home to prepare for the celestial events. Of course, the martians are waiting for me there. I defeat them and proceed to fight the pillars. The Vortex pillar has spawned in the middle of the desert, and a sandstorm is happening...

And the Moon Lord ends up killing me, because I had killed him in another world, and in that second one I had built nothing to fight him.

Last edited:
Worst luck I had was my recent world. Day 1 blood moon, The day after I started hardmode I got pirates (and lost almost all my NPCs), and the proceeding nights I got a mechanical boss or two naturally spawn.

I go to the dungeon to farm some ectoplasm. While I'm approaching it, a martian probe catches me, and just when I'm entering, a solar eclipse starts.

I decide to fight the eclipse monsters. I consider fighting at home, but I know the martians are waiting for me back there, so I have no choice but fighting them right where I am. At one moment, I accidentally kill one of the cultists and the rest start attacking me. I'm forced to kill them, but the Lunatic Cultist doesn't appear. I assume it's due to the solar eclipse.

The eclipse ends, and finally I'm free to enter the dungeon. Once down, the first enemy attacks me, and I realise too late it's a cultist that somehow had gone all the way down there. The Lunatic Cultist appears in the middle of the dungeon, thankfully I'm more than enough geared to kill him easily. The celestial events start, and suddenly purple guys invade the dungeon: the Nebula pillar has spawned right on top of the dungeon.

I decide to forget about farming ectoplasm and I go back home to prepare for the celestial events. Of course, the martians are waiting for me there. I defeat them and proceed to fight the pillars. The Vortex pillar has spawned in the middle of the desert, and a sandstorm is happening...

And the Moon Lord ends up killing me, because I had killed him in another world, and in that second one I had built nothing to fight him.
That happens all the time on Mars

Well.. When I first played terraria, it was on mobile.

After I had finally gotten copper armor, the goblin invasion started.
Well.. It didn't work correctly.
It didn't stop.
I defeated the first one, after a long period of dying.
Then it started again.
And again.
And again.

I gave up and made a new world..

Meh.. Not much, but I've been good about farming and stuff, so bad luck doesn't come my way too often.

Well, boy there is a lot of memorable bad luck moments that i have to share, so i'll cut the Bacon.

Started an Expert World,
Doing the basic Pre-Hardmode stuff,
Died by an earthen bat via stoned debuff,
Nearly killed by everything,
Entered Hardmode before the long :red: platform ends,
Didn't get any emblem,
Attempts to kill 3 mechanical bosses,
Nearly died, although i fought back,
Twins Gone, Destroyer gone, and Skeletron Prime gone,
Gets smacked by a Turtle that flew toward my character, still alive but barely,
Gets unlucky to searched the whole goddamed jungle to find Plantera's bulb that took 50 years,
Attempted to kill Plantera, suceeded but barely,
TRYING TO SEARCH THE WHOLE GODDAMED JUNGLE FOR THE LIZAHERD TEMPLE! ARRRGH!
Finally Guide dang it that took a thousand years to find this temple, realized i don't have the key, *ragequitted*
Finally found the key, realized i ran out of health potions, *Double Ragequitted*
Again, finally got everything prepared, went inside, and it's hell,
Got destroyed by Lizards every time, but unluckly Solar Eclipse started.
Golem is gone, my life is gone, money is gone, gone gone gone,
Teleports back at my house, just to see every monster from Lovecraft got in and killed my nurse, *3x Ragequit*
Got my nurse back, went to the dungeon and killed the Lunatic Cultlst, although Solar Pillar appears and i got killed instantly,
Destroyed 3 pillars, trying to kill the Solar Pillar, dies over 9001 times,
I just said ':red: it' and used tmodLoader mods, gets worse,
Finally goddmamed defeated the :red:y Solar Pillar, the impending doom arrives 1 minute later,
Killed moon Lord, dies by a lone Solar enemy.

Well, some of this is true, most of them will feel familiar to you.

Back
Top Bottom