Post the worst luck you have every had in Terraria here.

Yarr harr, I have come to report that I have not obtained a SINGLE lucky coin after dozens of pirate maps. That's not excusing the fact that I have TWO COIN GUNS!

Another one of mine:
I found a golden grasshopper, jumped away and fell into a hole with a slime inside it, and the slime jumped over it.

Howsabout grinding over 6000 Chaos elementals, only to crash the moment i pick up the rod of discord and autosave wasn't quick enough...

i killed plantera 4 times on my expert world, got a seedling (5% chance of dropping) on the first, but no pigmy staff (25% chance of dropping).

Well, this is just me, but I farmed Eye of Cthulhu for like 50 times for the binoculars cuz I LOVE collecting things. Then, I gave up, got some other things, and when I was too bored and spawned him to kill, he dropped the binoculars and my game crashed.
AND AUTOSAVE WASN'T FAST ENOUGH:redmunch:

My current playthrough is expert mode with a 30x spawn rate (via cheat sheet mod, but other than that it's basically just vanilla). Basically anytime I died right near spawn at the beginning was a nightmare because I would struggle not to simply get spawn-killed.

I have 1200+ hours in-game, started playing somewhere around the 1.2 release. I've collected 6 each of Ancient Shadow Scalemail and Greaves...not one helmet. I just created a farm/trap for Eaters, and have picked up two of the 6 Scalemail and Greaves in the last hour. That's 12 total Ancient Shadow drops, 0 helmets.

Edit: 14 drops, no helmet. Picked up another Scalemail and another Greaves. My game is cursed.

Last edited:
I've gotten pretty good at finding explosive traps with my face, as a former co-worker who also likes Terraria once discovered to her amusement. :merchantconfused:

That said, Random Number Jesus hates my guts in general (both in-game and IRL), but in particular when it comes to the Goblin Tinkerer. I've lost count of how much money that bastard has stolen from me with his shoddy reforges (often literally shoddy). I have half a mind to sue him for breach of contract, or failing that, drowning him in lava as PythonGB did in one of his vanilla playthroughs last year.

And then there's a different sort of problem I have. For some reason, just about every time I go to sort my inventory, craft something, or build something, the game decides that what I'd ACTUALLY rather be doing is fighting a Blood Moon/Slime Rain/Solar Eclipse/Goblin Army/Pirate Invasion/Mech Boss/Negative Space Wedgie. :merchantmad:

Once I had a weird world gen where you spawned in the cloud layer. I didn't realize this until I was making a house and as soon as I put the roof on, a bunch of harpies attacked me and they kept killing me the moment I spawned, remember this was as soon as I started the world so I didn't have good gear to fend them off.

Today I accidentally turned the game into Hardmode without even knowing there was such a thing as hardmode.....I am completely under geared and under prepared for it, so I may have to kiss a map I've been building for 40 or so hours goodbye cause I just can't do anything about it.

What kind of gear do you have, because if manage to get to hardmode, you should be able to survive it.

Just molten armor. Don't think theres any better pre hard mode, but many of the things that hit me deal up to 75-100 damage to me, which makes it a bit hard to do much of anything

Today I accidentally turned the game into Hardmode without even knowing there was such a thing as hardmode.....I am completely under geared and under prepared for it, so I may have to kiss a map I've been building for 40 or so hours goodbye cause I just can't do anything about it.
Yep, it's pretty brutal even with top-tier per-hardmode armour and gear. If you use a world editor, you can change your world back to normal mode. Or you can come back to your world when you do have better gear, since players can freely travel between worlds. No need to kiss goodbye your world! :)

You know when you begin the Lunar Events? Well, if you ignore it, not only will it stay, but it will sink underground very slowly.
Ok. so:
1. I left the world after beating the 4th (Solar) Pillar to avoid any extraterrastrial trouble. I forgot to pick up the fragments.
2. Right now I am beating the Solar Pillar (again, the last pillar) but a Solar Eclipse happened so I stopped dying from Selenians and went home.
Enchanted Sundial has been used so I couldn't really do anything. I went Mothron hunting for money. By now, the last pillar had went down a few blocks so I got worried. Did some progress on the pillar, but not enough. Then, on the next day, ANOTHER solar eclipse happened. I figured it was lucky, but that soon became a nightmare. The last Pillar (still sinking slowly as ever) was untouchable with special mobs, solar mobs, Mothron and a giant Crawltipede working together to guard it. Nighttime struck, and oh wow golly a Blood Moon happened and Terraria lagged to 10fps so I couldn't really do anything except AFK. On the next day, you guessed it, a SOLAR ECLIPSE AGAIN happened. I now consider this bad luck. The pillar was now halfway into the dirt.

This has gotta be a glitch, what the hell I have enough Eclipsian loot to fill 2 chests I don't need anymore. Please help.

Back
Top Bottom