Post the worst luck you have every had in Terraria here.

i got one from an imps fireball too!
also i HATE THE GOD DAMN NAZAR
one world i got all the things about 20 times and still no nazar another world i got 3 nazars 2 before hardmode and i was barely ever in the dungeon
i got the nazar by accident from an enchanted sword when i gave up

Like everyone else, Paladin. EVEN MY CURSED HATCHED COULDN'T TAKE IT DOWN. And I haven't been able to defeat Plantera again...and I have a Jungle Key mold (TWO) and I can't find my Souls of Fright.

In all the time I've played Terraria, one item that has always escaped me (probably because I never actively sat and had a good grind for it), is the Whoopie Cushion.

I've wanted that, but never gotten it. In my most recent world with friends, one of them got it. Then, another friend acquired it about a week later.

It's one of those "kinda' funny" moments; I'm happy for them regardless, especially since the former got himself a Fart in a Jar. ~:) (We're totally 8 years old...)

3 hardcore characters in a row got killed with explosive traps, and the 4 and 5th got killed by boulders.

I think that's the closest to tears I've gotten to during playing a video game.

Another funny story (I guess): I was playing terraria on my Ipad and I was trying to make the master ninja gear, but I didn't have shoe spikes. So I went:" :red: it I'm making a third world just to find them." I did this for about 30 times, and when I gave up, I looked in my chests, and found a shoe spike. I was so damn mad that I quit and came back about 1 hour later.

Still those freaking vitamins.
3000 kills to get it.
It's so funny, because when I was derping around like hell, I got like 3 of those, and deleted them.

I don't have bad luck! :D
*facepalm*

Last edited by a moderator:
No frozen key mold, Whoopie cushion, Uzis, and no be mount or pet.

And no binoculars.

The axe is easier to get then these guys.

No frozen key mold, Whoopie cushion, Uzis, and no be mount or pet.

And no binoculars.

The axe is easier to get then these guys.

I never got the axe apart from one time I threw it away, not knowing of its rarity, but I've had lots of key molds, whoopie cushions, and an uzi.
Why is the cushion so far to find? It's from a somewhat common enemy, and it's only 1/100, unlike the axe from plantera as a 1/200 drop.

I never got the axe apart from one time I threw it away, not knowing of its rarity, but I've had lots of key molds, whoopie cushions, and an uzi.
Why is the cushion so far to find? It's from a somewhat common enemy, and it's only 1/100, unlike the axe from plantera as a 1/200 drop.
Probably because I'm normally farming in the ice biome for the frozen key mold.

Please don´t turn this thread into a
"RNG bad luck" thread,
because thats under its potential and not really entertaining.

I fought EOW in the chasms and made a quick arena (speedrun style)
in an unaware moment i steped into a 3 block high pond and got stun-locked to death. :sigh:
I could have possibly beaten it.

one hillarious thing was that I got spectre amour right on 1.2.0, where one could get it right at the start of hardmode in the dungeon.
My friend was still missing the headpiece when the update came, so he was totally screwed.

Please don´t turn this thread into a
"RNG bad luck" thread,
because thats under its potential and not really entertaining.
Luck is a term used to define whether or not an event occurs which effects a person where said event is uncontrollable by the person it effects. Whether or not it is termed as good or bad is based on whether the person affected did or didn't want said event to occur. All events in Terraria that are uncontrollable by the player and do not always have a chance of occuring are created by a system that randomly generates a number due to the coding (RNG in a nutshell).

If a player chooses to build rope up to a floating island, go up to the island with a Slime Crown and no item that would allow the negation of fall damage in some way, summons King Slime, then proceeds to fall off and die due to fall damage, the event is not considered luck because the player chose to be stupid and take that risk. If King Slime falls with the player, gets killed, drops the slime hook, and the player picks it up and uses it at the last second to hook it to the ground, thus negating fall damage, the event is considered luck because the dropping of the slime hook is not something the player can control. The dropping of the slime hook is dedicated to RNG because a number was generated that allows for the drop to occur.

Therefore, all instances of luck within Terraria are created by RNG. To ask for this thread to not be based on RNG would be to kill the thread, for RNG is the very reason this thread exists.

Well with "RNG bad luck" i ment a creature not dropping a specific item (etc.), what most rant about in this tread.
Because this is a thing we all know and that isn´t really interesting in most case,
I wanted to encourage more vivid and amusing posts

I was killed 5 times while trying to kill the Eye of Cthulhu. The first three times were fine, the fourth time I somehow managed to summon it the moment the "You feel and evil presence" thing popped up, and the fifth time it turned to day and I was in the way of it's flight path.

(This was the first time I was playing terraria and I knew nothing about the dungeon) One day I saw a cool fort-like building way east of the map made of green coloured bricks. There was a bearded old man standing there wearing a ragged red dress and he had bright red eyes. I thought the old man wanted help so I went to him and talked to him. He said, ''I cannot let you enter unless you free me of my curse''. I didn't understand, when I did enter he didn't resist either, so I continued my way down through the dimly lit passage. After a while, I heard a bone shaking sound, something like that of a monster and suddenly... HEART ATTACK

I was really excited to build a house in a living tree when they first came out. I got on, made a new character and world, immediately ran to the tree and started building a house in the roots. As soon as I got most of it done, I went in to build the last room (which was going to be my spawn room), placed my bed, set my spawn, and then quickly realized that I had dug it too close to the dungeon... I spent the next 15 minutes spawning and instantly summoning the Dungeon Guardian before giving up and starting over.

I figured that I was being smart when I then built my base up in the branches. As soon as hard mode started, I discovered this nifty mini boss called the Wyvern... Needless to say, I got REALLY good at learning how to kite/kill him. In the end, by the time I built up backgrounds along the whole city, I had around 500 souls of flight!

Back
Top Bottom