Post your biome Ideas here! Making a customized world!

tecnojet

Steampunker
I am making a customized world map and I need some suggestions for biomes. no mods.
If you would like to contribute and see YOUR biome in this world please post your idea down in the comments using this format!

Name: <The name of the biome>
Category: <Hot, Cold, Normal, Wet, Tropical, ect...>
Description: <How does it look?>
Structures: <Trees, Dungeons, ect>
Blocks: <Optional. Describe what its made out of>

Currently there are some biomes. Here they are in order of appearance left to right.
Deep Ocean
Kelp Forest
Drop off point
Ocean
Beach
<BLANK>
cliff
Forest
Jungle
<BLANK>
ect...

Last edited:
Candyland
Normal
like the top of a cake.
candycanes, swirlpops, muffins, and gingerbread towns adorn the surface.
Top few blocks are colored icing. Under that is darker chocolate devils food cake block with gumdrop ores. Also veins of chocolate could happen...

Name - Swamp/Bog
Category - Wet
Description - Kinda like the jungle, but more wet. Generally a darker green than the jungle, more flat than the jungle.
Structures - Willow trees, shallow green water pools, lily pads, various darker red as well as darker blue flowers, as well as a singular deep cave in the middle.
Blocks - Mud with dark green grass, williow trees, and water.

While a jungle, and a swamp might be similar, the two are very different. Willow trees are a kind of tree that have drooping leaves, you could stimulate that with vines. This is also just a general idea, but I feel it was okay.

Candyland
Normal
like the top of a cake.
candycanes, swirlpops, muffins, and gingerbread towns adorn the surface.
Top few blocks are colored icing. Under that is darker chocolate devils food cake block with gumdrop ores. Also veins of chocolate could happen...
So kind of like the confection alternate hallow suggestion?
Name - Swamp/Bog
Category - Wet
Description - Kinda like the jungle, but more wet. Generally a darker green than the jungle, more flat than the jungle.
Structures - Willow trees, shallow green water pools, lily pads, various darker red as well as darker blue flowers, as well as a singular deep cave in the middle.
Blocks - Mud with dark green grass, williow trees, and water.

While a jungle, and a swamp might be similar, the two are very different. Willow trees are a kind of tree that have drooping leaves, you could stimulate that with vines. This is also just a general idea, but I feel it was okay.
Im not sure how I could do lily pads unless they are already in the game, but apart from that this is a good suggestion!
Ill add this probably.

Name: Hell gate
Category: Hell
Description: An ash desert with a wide helivator where the entrance to the underground desert would normally be, pools of lava and spikes of obsidian adorn the surface of the desert.
Structures:
  • The pit: (Large helivator at the centre of the biome, it is lined with lava waterfalls and ocasional openings to hell like caves.
  • Obsidian spike: Large spikes of obsidian that start just below the surface of the ash desert and extend 10-20 blocks above it.
  • Lava chasm: similiar in structure to the chasms in the corruption only formed of dark rock and hellstone, the bottom is always filled with lava submurged under which is a shadow chest.
Blocks: Ash, hellstone, obsidian, stone and any other hell themed/related blocks.

sry, for posting without description but how about something like:
ghost town,
garbage dump,
mine,
canyon/cliff,
vulcan,
cities with furniture of a specific kind (like dynasty wood, slimeblocks, meteorite, ..)

I think I'll go with a simple natural biome. Not exactly creative, but when has imitating nature ever been creative?

Name: Snowy Forest
Category: Cold
Description: A forest of pine or spruce trees, covered in a thin layer of snow.
Structures: Not much beyond what you'd expect from a standard forest. Lots of trees, the occasional clearing, a couple lakes or ponds here or there, maybe a cave or two.
Blocks: Thin layer of snow, with dirt and stone underneath. Water for the lakes and ponds. A thin layer of ice at the top of the lakes and ponds. Also, trees.

I should also make it clear that this is not quite the same thing as Terraria's default snow biome. The Snowy Forest is basically just a regular forest (of pine or spruce trees) covered in snow. There aren't any ice caves underneath, just regular dirt-and-stone caves.

Back
Top Bottom