Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I got both Palladium, and Mythril drills, and their mining speed isn't affected by mining potions, miners' gear, or an ancient chisel. I thought this worked in previous versions. Was this changed or is this a bug? I wanna mine faster. lol

Welcome to the forums Mindstormer!
It's not intentional per se, but a limitation. Drills cannot benefit from speed and range modifiers like pickaxes can. This was the reason the lunar drills were dummied out upon their introduction in 1.3. They were reworked to benefit from some modifiers and reintroduced in 1.4 to make them viable, mostly by improving their base mining speed.

Welcome to the forums Mindstormer!
It's not intentional per se, but a limitation. Drills cannot benefit from speed and range modifiers like pickaxes can. This was the reason the lunar drills were dummied out upon their introduction in 1.3. They were reworked to benefit from some modifiers and reintroduced in 1.4 to make them viable, mostly by improving their base mining speed.

Yep sadly this means drills are still completely useless and vastly inferior to pickaxes since picks benefit from things like sugar rush , chisel , mining potions while drills do not :( even without reforging picks dominate over drills.

Back
Top Bottom