Weapons & Equip Potential Lunatic Cultist Drops (Expert or otherwise)

Artized

Official Terrarian
Currently (1.3.0.5), the Lunatic Cultist only drops his mask, trophy, and the Ancient Manipulator along with some potions and coins. He is also uniquely the only boss without a treasure bag and Expert Item in Expert Mode. Since he is my favorite boss, I have a few ideas as to what he could drop-- let me know what you think:

• An accessory that creates copies of yourself that mimic your exact attacks. These copies would deal 25% (or more/less) of the base damage of the weapon you're currently using. It's useful, it seems powerful enough to be an Expert Mode item, seems to be well placed in terms of progression, works with all classes of damage, and is of course relatable to the fight itself as the Lunatic Cultist can spawn copies of himself. If too powerful, a potential balancer would be to make it so that more copies spawn as your health decreases. (For those of you who play Warframe and know of Mirage, this idea was totally inspired by that.)

• An accessory that functions similarly to the Tabi, where if you double-tap a direction (including Up and Down? May create conflicts...) you will teleport in that direction the same distance (or more/less) that the Tabi would bring you. The advantage it bears over the Tabi is that because it is a teleport and not a dash, you would be able to go through blocks in the short distance that it covers. It would also not be affected by gravity. However, unlike the Tabi, it cannot be combined with other accessories. Balanced, well placed, powerful, and relatable to the fight itself as the Lunatic Cultist has a similar maneuver. If too powerful, there could be a Mana requirement to use it.

• Any of the Lunatic Cultists attacks could be made into powerful Magic weapons. The fast-firing homing fireballs, the icy snowflake that shoots projectiles in multiple directions, the lightning orb that targets enemies with lightning bolts, the spread out sparkle blasts, or the dark orbs that explode into smaller orbs. Personally I would like to see his icy snowflake and lightning orb made into Magic weapons; they're pretty cool and unique from other magic weapons.
    -For the magic idea, my idea for it is the Lunatic Staff. Randomly when used it would use any of the Cultists attacks, but perhaps when near one of the Pillars it would use attacks based on that pillar.

• The Phantasm Dragon could be made into a Summoner weapon that functions close to, if not exactly, like the Stardust Dragon; albeit slightly weaker since it is obtained directly before.

• Maybe a Cultist bow, since there are Cultist archers. Maybe a tentacle sword too, just cause y'know-- Moon Lord and tentacles and all that. Oh and this Tentacle sword would apply the Moon Bite debuff in order to give the Moon Lord a taste of his own medicine.

Last edited:
I really, really like this idea! Some of my thoughts:

-The copies idea should be the Expert Mode item, could be called the Forgotten Amulet, Lunatic Scroll, Summoning Chant or something similar

-For the magic idea, my idea for it is the Lunatic Staff. Randomly when used it would use any of the Cultists attacks, but perhaps when near one of the Pillars it would use attacks based on that pillar.

-Corrupted Tablet could be used to summon the Phantasm Dragon. I feel like it should have a special feature to make it an alternative to the Stardust Dragon. Maybe it does less damage and can't get as large, but it can open its mouth and breath shadowy flames.

-The bow could be called the Shadowrend, a 100% drop from the White Cultist Archer and a 10% drop chance from the Blue Cultist Archer. Would transform arrows into Phantasm Arrows, which could potentially go through walls or some other form of special ability

-For a sword I'm thinking it could be called Moonbringer, based off the Moon Lord's design. Preferably would be make the Triad of endgame swords (Star Wrath, Meowmere, Moonbringer). Not sure what the special ability would be, maybe it could project glowing blue phantom images of itself when swung, however when they hit a target it would explode into several small Phantasm Eyes that would swarm the enemy.

I support this! This is an awesome suggestion, please please please oh heavenly Red, add this to this legendary game.
Let's add a boss, and make their no unique drops in Expert Mode, because why the :red: not.

Here's an idea: have the Lunatic Cultist drop this for Expert Mode:
Ancient Unifier
Material
Used to craft ultimate equipment

Combines Solar, Vortex, Nebula, and Stardust Armor to create Lunar Armor (Preferably with bonuses for all types of damage)
Combines Solar, Vortex, Nebula, and Stardust Tools to create Lunar Tools (With higher power than prior tools)
Combines Solar, Vortex, Nebula, and Stardust Wings to create Lunar Wings (With higher power than other wings)
Maybe other things to create higher power items (Maybe higher tier Fishing rods, or used at Tinkerer's Workshop to make new combinations)
Perhaps an Expert Mode exclusive Boss Summoning Item (Now that the Town NPCs have attacks, they may be a pretty powerful boss, or the first stage of a boss)
Examples of potential Tinkerer's Workshop additions:
Frostspark Boots + Lava Waders = FireIce Boots
FireIce Boots + Lunar Wings + Bundle of Balloons

Ancient Unifier
Material

Combines Solar, Vortex, Nebula, and Stardust Armor to create Lunar Armor (Preferably with bonuses for all types of damage)
Combines Solar, Vortex, Nebula, and Stardust Tools to create Lunar Tools (With higher power than prior tools)
Combines Solar, Vortex, Nebula, and Stardust Wings to create Lunar Wings (With higher power than other wings)
Maybe other things to create higher power items (Maybe higher tier Fishing rods, or used at Tinkerer's Workshop to make new combinations)
Perhaps an Expert Mode exclusive Boss Summoning Item (Now that the Town NPCs have attacks, they may be a pretty powerful boss, or the first stage of a boss)
no. just no, 5-6 moon lord fights is too grindy for a set or armour, and why would you need more powerful tools? the laser drill is better than the luminite tier tools and, frostspark + lava waders has been suggested.

Ancient Unifier
Material

Combine end-game stuff to get end-game stuff.
Nice idea 10/10.

Currently (1.3.0.5), the Lunatic Cultist only drops his mask, trophy, and the Ancient Manipulator along with some potions and coins. He is also uniquely the only boss without a treasure bag and Expert Item in Expert Mode. Since he is my favorite boss, I have a few ideas as to what he could drop-- let me know what you think:

• An accessory that creates copies of yourself that mimic your exact attacks. These copies would deal 25% (or more/less) of the base damage of the weapon you're currently using. It's useful, it seems powerful enough to be an Expert Mode item, seems to be well placed in terms of progression, works with all classes of damage, and is of course relatable to the fight itself as the Lunatic Cultist can spawn copies of himself. If too powerful, a potential balancer would be to make it so that more copies spawn as your health decreases. (For those of you who play Warframe and know of Mirage, this idea was totally inspired by that.)

• An accessory that functions similarly to the Tabi, where if you double-tap a direction (including Up and Down? May create conflicts...) you will teleport in that direction the same distance (or more/less) that the Tabi would bring you. The advantage it bears over the Tabi is that because it is a teleport and not a dash, you would be able to go through blocks in the short distance that it covers. It would also not be affected by gravity. However, unlike the Tabi, it cannot be combined with other accessories. Balanced, well placed, powerful, and relatable to the fight itself as the Lunatic Cultist has a similar maneuver. If too powerful, there could be a Mana requirement to use it.

• Any of the Lunatic Cultists attacks could be made into powerful Magic weapons. The fast-firing homing fireballs, the icy snowflake that shoots projectiles in multiple directions, the lightning orb that targets enemies with lightning bolts, the spread out sparkle blasts, or the dark orbs that explode into smaller orbs. Personally I would like to see his icy snowflake and lightning orb made into Magic weapons; they're pretty cool and unique from other magic weapons.

• The Phantasm Dragon could be made into a Summoner weapon that functions close to, if not exactly, like the Stardust Dragon; albeit slightly weaker since it is obtained directly before.

• Maybe a Cultist bow, since there are Cultist archers. Maybe a tentacle sword too, just cause y'know-- Moon Lord and tentacles and all that. Oh and this Tentacle sword would apply the Moon Bite debuff in order to give the Moon Lord a taste of his own medicine.

This is an awesome idea! I especially like the1st drop idea! This could be great for mages.

Nice ideas! The magic and weapons should be normal mode as well, and that clone thing. The tabi thing should be expert ;)

Nice ideas! The magic and weapons should be normal mode as well, and that clone thing. The tabi thing should be expert ;)
Thanks! I was thinking the bottom three could be all Normal drops and then the top two would be debatable for the Expert-exclusive drops.

I really like this! Rather than having multiple magic weapons, we could have them all in a single item for convenience :)

Ancient Unifier
Material

I agree with the idea to include another tier for the Tinkerer's Workshop, but this does seem a bit too powerful. If anything I would prefer to see less combination accessories so we can have more varied loadouts as individual players :)

How about the expert-mode exclusive boss/npc? I have an idea, but would like support of the idea of an expert-exclusive boss before I present it.

I love the idea of giving the Lunatic Cultist some other drops, including a proper treasure bag! To address your specific ideas:

-An accessory that lets you copy yourself would be pretty cool. I'm afraid it might be a bit too strong, though, and it would certainly take work to code. Where does the copy spawn? It is always in the same place, or does it follow you? Can it go through walls? If this were to be a thing, it should definitely be Expert exclusive.

-Personally, I feel that there is already such a wealth of endgame weapons and armor that another full set of equipment as drops or crafts from the Cultist, Pillars, or Moon Lord would be too much. The idea of a one-off item that could, say, summon the Cultist for a single one of his many attacks? I'd be all for that. It would be a summoning weapon/item, but unlike your normal minions (which this would not count toward the limit of), he would just show up for one attack, then leave. I wouldn't want this to be Expert Mode exclusive, though.

-Teleport dashing wouldn't be broken, but it wouldn't be particularly good, and as you mentioned, there would be challenges with the potential overlap from other dash-type equipment. The Rod of Discord and Portal Gun already let us teleport around fairly well, so would the work here be worth the effort?

-For the Treasure Bag, I propose that it contains the Ancient Manipulator, the usual chance for the mask, gold and potions...and a 100% chance for one of the developer sets to appear. If anything, I'd take the dev sets away from the other HM treasure bags and make them exclusive to the Cultist, since he's one of the few bosses you can't just spam repeatedly. There's some real incentive to go for multiple Cultist Treasure Bags!

-An accessory that lets you copy yourself would be pretty cool. I'm afraid it might be a bit too strong, though, and it would certainly take work to code. Where does the copy spawn? It is always in the same place, or does it follow you? Can it go through walls? If this were to be a thing, it should definitely be Expert exclusive.

Anywhere between 1-5 copies of the player character, I was thinking. They would function almost exactly like the Titanium Armor in terms of placement and how they react to the environment. The only difference being that they mimic every attack made by the player using the same weapon that deals only a fraction of its base damage.

-Personally, I feel that there is already such a wealth of endgame weapons and armor that another full set of equipment as drops or crafts from the Cultist, Pillars, or Moon Lord would be too much. The idea of a one-off item that could, say, summon the Cultist for a single one of his many attacks? I'd be all for that. It would be a summoning weapon/item, but unlike your normal minions (which this would not count toward the limit of), he would just show up for one attack, then leave. I wouldn't want this to be Expert Mode exclusive, though.

In my opinion, there's never enough endgame equipment! More items means more possibilities and diversification, allowing more and more ways to take on and make new challenges after you've beaten Terraria.. That said, I do like your idea about summoning a full-on cultist to perform one of his attacks and agree it shouldn't be Expert-exclusive. This does leave me a bit torn between your idea and Tyrux's though-- both are very good ways of condensing the potential amount of drops.

-Teleport dashing wouldn't be broken, but it wouldn't be particularly good, and as you mentioned, there would be challenges with the potential overlap from other dash-type equipment. The Rod of Discord and Portal Gun already let us teleport around fairly well, so would the work here be worth the effort?

I think the main difference is that the dash itself would completely pass through anything between your start and endpoint: so you would be able to avoid enemy damage (projectiles and/or melee) and tiles in your path. Obviously it wouldn't stack with the Tabi/Master Ninja Gear but it would be insanely useful for the Moon Lord fight where there's constantly projectiles being hurled at you. This teleport dash also does not come with a Chaos State debuff, meaning you can use it much more frequently.

-For the Treasure Bag, I propose that it contains the Ancient Manipulator, the usual chance for the mask, gold and potions...and a 100% chance for one of the developer sets to appear. If anything, I'd take the dev sets away from the other HM treasure bags and make them exclusive to the Cultist, since he's one of the few bosses you can't just spam repeatedly. There's some real incentive to go for multiple Cultist Treasure Bags!

Going to have to disagree with you on the Dev Armor drops there. If they were to become farm-able like that then those sets would lose their value and everyone would have them. They're meant to be rare and they aren't essential for gameplay since they're purely vanity. On my first Moon Lord expert kill, I got Loki's set and it felt extremely rewarding because I knew of how rare they were.

Any of the Lunatic Cultists attacks could be made into powerful Magic weapons. The fast-firing homing fireballs, the icy snowflake that shoots projectiles in multiple directions, the lightning orb that targets enemies with lightning bolts, the spread out sparkle blasts, or the dark orbs that explode into smaller orbs. Personally I would like to see his icy snowflake and lightning orb made into Magic weapons; they're pretty cool and unique from other magic weapons.
The homing fireballs are very reminiscent of the nebula blaze and the lightning orb is very magnet sphere, i think the flocko-ish one is more suited to a turret summon.

hmm i dont know if i can post my ideas but here they are:
-cursed seal(expert):25% damage reduction, 15% of that damage will go to your mana, if you have your mana empty the reduction will turn into a 10%
-shock lance(15 mana):a hybrid melee/magic lance that with right click will shoot a piercing thunder(only if you have enough mana)80 melee dmg 50 mag dmg
critical chance medium knockback low
if someone already had these ideas sorry

Back
Top Bottom