Switch Potentially Game Breaking Touchscreen Bug

SteakandFries

Terrarian
It's unknown how this happened, but randomly I try to use the touchscreen for inventory management and it starts deleting items (not just throwing them or trashing them, literally just disappearing permanently)

I have literally just lost 2 hours worth of grinding for ancient shadow armour and my vanity set because the game decided to permanently delete the armour when I tried to drag it via the switch touch controls.

Do not use the touchscreen on the switch port for inventory/equipment unless you are certain it works, you could end up losing all your items.

Probably gonna take a break from this port for now, this really needs to be fixed.

It's unknown how this happened, but randomly I try to use the touchscreen for inventory management and it starts deleting items (not just throwing them or trashing them, literally just disappearing permanently)

I have literally just lost 2 hours worth of grinding for ancient shadow armour and my vanity set because the game decided to permanently delete the armour when I tried to drag it via the switch touch controls.

Do not use the touchscreen on the switch port for inventory/equipment unless you are certain it works, you could end up losing all your items.

Probably gonna take a break from this port for now, this really needs to be fixed.
Hi there @SteakandFries, welcome to the forums. :)

We’re you able to see the items disappearing, and if so, can you replicate it? That would be extremely helpful, as I don’t recall seeing anyone else that has experienced this, so it’s a mystery what’s going on, and that can be really tricky to pinpoint if it is a bug.

If it happens again and you have clear replication steps or can show a video of it happening in order to better see what could be going wrong, please send all the info to Pipeworks, the console developers here: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

I have experienced this also. It tends to happen when I’m dragging from inventory to an equipment slot. I had The Gi equipped and tried to drag the Crimson armor into the chest slot and it disappeared. Then I tried to drag the Gi back into my inventory and it also disappeared.

I have experienced this also. It tends to happen when I’m dragging from inventory to an equipment slot. I had The Gi equipped and tried to drag the Crimson armor into the chest slot and it disappeared. Then I tried to drag the Gi back into my inventory and it also disappeared.
Hi @SteakandFries and @amoeba, thanks for sharing this. Pipeworks is aware of the issue and is working on it. If you have any reproduction steps or info that could help, be sure and send it to them here: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

Hi @SteakandFries and @amoeba, thanks for sharing this. Pipeworks is aware of the issue and is working on it. If you have any reproduction steps or info that could help, be sure and send it to them here: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form
Excuse me, Unit One as of right now i have to ask, is this glitch being fixed yet? i'm on verision 1.0.5 on the switch [The latest one right now] and i am also experiencing this glitch, please fix it, it's starting to become a problem. Thanks for reading! love the game.

Excuse me, Unit One as of right now i have to ask, is this glitch being fixed yet? i'm on verision 1.0.5 on the switch [The latest one right now] and i am also experiencing this glitch, please fix it, it's starting to become a problem. Thanks for reading! love the game.
Hi there @TombatheMiner, welcome to the forums. :) All I know is that Pipeworks, the console developers, are aware of the glitch and are working on fixing it. I don’t know if it’s already been fixed or if they are still looking for a solution. Some bugs can be so nasty that they can’t be tracked down easily, so that’s why if you, or anyone else, knows how to recreate this with 100% replication steps, that can help out greatly. If a bug seems to be random it can make it really hard to solve.

I have also experienced this bug and reported it. I lost the dcu because of this. The item picked will not switch spots.
This same thing happens to me. It seems to happen when I am uses in an item an go into the menu. While I am using the touch screen to switch items. The item I am trying to switch deletes. I have lost the money trough, Drill Containment Unit, and a ancient manipulator. I hope this gets fixed soon

Back
Top Bottom