Items Potion Cocktails

uneditable

Terrarian
Hello! I would like to suggest adding the ability to make custom Potion Cocktails(a mix of many potions into one bottle).

This will allow us to make new potions from the existing ones. A single bottle that is a mix of many other potions that when you drink it, you get all the potions improvements at once.

Reasons for this feature:

- drinking all the bottles you need when fighting a boss is time-consuming and requires a not so easy juggling with the mouse wheel/clicks(think you drink six potions), doesn't add much to game play having to do this. Consuming just one cocktail will simplify this process.
- the new Potion Cocktails will allow better organization on potions chests (think you are playing with friends that are of different classes)
- consumes less space on inventory and chests adding free slots for other things
- it will be fun to make new Cocktails combining potions, like for fishing, bosses, events, biomes, etc
- you consume only what you think you need

Im not sure how this should be done tho as the crafting window seems to allow only a fixed set of ingredients, maybe a new NPC The Barman that you give the potions, and he returns a Cocktail.

Thanks!

Last edited:
drinking all the bottles you need when fighting a boss is time-consuming and requires a not so easy juggling with the mouse wheel/clicks(think you drink six potions), doesn't add much to game play having to do this. Consuming just one cocktail will simplify this process.
Actually there's a quick buff button at least on PC.

Hello! I would like to suggest adding the ability to make custom Potion Cocktails(a mix of many potions into one bottle).

This will allow us to make new potions from the existing ones. A single bottle that is a mix of many other potions that when you drink it, you get all the potions improvements at once.

Reasons for this feature:

- drinking all the bottles you need when fighting a boss is time-consuming and requires a not so easy juggling with the mouse wheel/clicks(think you drink six potions), doesn't add much to game play having to do this. Consuming just one cocktail will simplify this process.
- the new Potion Cocktails will allow better organization on potions chests (think you are playing with friends that are of different classes)
- consumes less space on inventory and chests adding free slots for other things
- it will be fun to make new Cocktails combining potions, like for fishing, bosses, events, biomes, etc

Im not sure how this should be done tho as the crafting window seems to allow only a fixed set of ingredients, maybe a new NPC The Barman that you give the potions, and he returns a Cocktail.

Thanks!
Don't see any good reason why would you need cocktails. It would basically work as quick buff button anyway, but you'd have to still use that potion. Besides you'd have to create a lot of combinations of potions, so yeah... unless you get a good plan for that, no support.

Thanks for the hint about the quick buff button, while thats nice Im looking for custom cocktails not just to take every potion from the inventory. Think about it like a quick buff but via a potion not a button. It will be fun, to create potions for fishing etc. Besides, on this game you have to build everything, so making some cocktails won't be a big deal. The combinations are up to you, as is based on your preferences and how you play the game..

I like to look up for the ingredients, make the potions, now I wish I could make cocktails.

Why would we need to add this when I can just pull the potions I need from a chest and then chug them all at once with quick buff? I understand that it would be interesting to mix them and it’s probably the kind of thing I would like doing, but it would take a lot of new sprites for something that’s redundant at best.

Why would we need to add this when I can just pull the potions I need from a chest and then chug them all at once with quick buff? I understand that it would be interesting to mix them and it’s probably the kind of thing I would like doing, but it would take a lot of new sprites for something that’s redundant at best.
If this were implemented there would probably just be one cocktail sprite and the item description would change to indicate what potions were in it.

If this were implemented there would probably just be one cocktail sprite and the item description would change to indicate what potions were in it.
I’m not sure it would do it justice to have a sprite for an ammo reservation potion+mining potion also be the sprite for a mana regeneration potion+sonar potion.

I’m not sure it would do it justice to have a sprite for an ammo reservation potion+mining potion also be the sprite for a mana regeneration potion+sonar potion.
At least to me it seems like a better way to do it than having different sprites for every potion combination.

I can just imagine me and my friend sitting in my terraria house just drinking some potion cocktails lol

Maybe give a colour picker so you choose the colour of the potion.

> Why would we need to add this when I can just pull the potions I need from a chest and then chug them all at once with quick buff? I understand that it would be interesting to mix them and it’s probably the kind of thing I would like doing, but it would take a lot of new sprites for something that’s redundant at best.

Its explained on the first post.

Couple of post here seem to be overly negative, maybe as a reminder: read the section "Criticism Guidelines" on this post: Important - Player Suggestions: Rules & Guidelines

> I can just imagine me and my friend sitting in my terraria house just drinking some potion cocktails lol

Invite me and I will bring Red Potion xD

FYI:

We were playing in master mode with one of my very experienced friends, we were dealing with skeletron and my friend took a quick buff and boom gravity got reversed. Is that we were looking for the floating islands just before dealing with skeletron... :)

I know you may consider this "user error", but see how someone that is very experienced also have this unintentional error... Anyways just wanted to note it because its relevant to this issue. I also lost some fishing potions using quick buff but thats less important.

I just signed up here today to suggest something similar to this. :)

For me the greatest benefit would be reducing the space the potions take up. Trying to get as much of an edge as possible against some bosses on harder difficulties means as many buffs as you can get and the potions can take up anywhere from 10 to 15 of your inventory slots depending on your class. Additionally, between boss fights and other events when I actually need them I prefer to store the potions in my bank so I don't accidently drink them with the quick buff button and transferring them back and forth requires a lot of clicking while, again, taking up at least a quarter of my bank capacity (assuming I'm only keeping a single stack of each kind).

Though, I don't necessarily agree with mixing any potions together freely, but having recipes to combine potions that make sense–in a similar way as tinkering accessories together–would be nice. Such as: crate+fishing+sonar, wrath+rage, flipper+gills, or spelunker+mining etc.

Not being able to mix them freely will cause exactly the same problem, the potions cocktails you suggest may work or not for me. Think Im fishing in lava and need calming potions too plus others that may be or not related to mana, range, etc....

Back
Top Bottom