Other Potion making items from critters

Me743

Terrarian
I was thinking that, when critters die, they drop a certain item. So if you were to kill a squirrel, for example, there would be a 50/50 chance of getting the essence of it. In this case, the squirrel essence would let you make a potion or equipable thing that lets you climb up walls for a short period of time. The critters would drop them in pre-hardmode, so the squirrel potion/equipable thing would only be useful early in the game.

Why not just have the critter itself be the ingredient? :naughty:

Seriously though, I don't think a new item is necessary, especially when it's that common. Just use the ones that already exist.

Last edited:
Why not just have the critter itself be the ingredient? :naughty:
Well Goldfish can be used to make soup, which basically acts as a potion.

I also feel this isn't really a needed addition, though I do like the concept, it would be too easy to get as farming critters isn't the most challenging task.

Well Goldfish can be used to make soup, which basically acts as a potion.

I also feel this isn't really a needed addition, though I do like the concept, it would be too easy to get as farming critters isn't the most challenging task.
Well, I mean, the only potion ingredient that's vaguely hard to get is Fireblossom, and once you get ONE, you have all you could ever need.

Back
Top Bottom