Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I have had a strange issue that when I used a potion of return and then tried to access my void vault, it would instead access my potion of return and then teleport me back to wherever I came from. It is very inconsistent but it happened a lot over the course of my journey mode playthrough.

Which void vault was used, the pocket one, the static one, or both?

I can't seem to reproduce this issue, neither when using smart cursor or when the void vault portal is overlapping with the return portal.
However...I do notice that you can use the return portal by rightclicking when nearby, even when Smart Cursor is not active. That might be an issue, but maybe that's also intentional.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick response. I was using the static one, I had no idea you could even use the pocket one. I'll try and get a clip. I don't think it was an issue with smart cursor because I remember turning it on and off as I was trying to stop the glitch from happening.

I got a clip of the issue. Here is a google drive link. 2020-10-03 16-50-11.mp4

The first time I clicked the void vault, I walked forward so I was not touching the portal and had smart cursor off. I had potion of return selected. It teleported me.
The second time I clicked the void vault, I stayed on top of the portal and had smart cursor off. I did not have potion of return selected. It teleported me.
The third time I clicked the void vault, I stayed on top of the portal and turned smart cursor on. It did not teleport me.
The fourth time I clicked the void vault, I stayed on top of the portal and turned smart cursor off. It did not teleport me.

It does not seem like the item I am currently holding effects the outcome. It might have something to do with where the portal comes from, but I doubt it, as I have had this issue occur when teleporting from many places. For some reason, smart cursor fixed the issue, which means that it might be related to what you said about clicking nearby the portal.

If you are not able to replicate the issue, I could do some real tests to try and determine what the issue is.

Back
Top Bottom