Potion Usability Guide Part One

What’s your favorite potion in Terraria?

• Total voters

MinionDude282

Official Terrarian
A Potion User’s Guide: Introduction

Not all potions are created equally, but I’m back to give you an in depth guide about how to use all the potions. This guide will only cover Buff Potions, and will not be covering Flasks and Food. However, I will be covering Other Potions, Placeable Buff Stations and Recovery Potions

A Potion User‘s Guide; Chapter One: A-G

Ammo Reservation

Very useful if your a gunslinger, and a much cheaper option to the Ammo Box item.

Archery

Useful in the early game, and can be very valuable later in progression. (Thanks to Baconfry for pointing out my error)

Battle Potion

Very useful all the way through the game. Increasing spawn rates is always a plus, especially if you’re farming for something rare.

Builder Potion

Good for speed building, and increases your placement range by one... yay?

Calming Potion

Useful for when you are building. Remember, the Peace Candle exist too with much cheaper and better results.

Crate Potion

Very useful for getting crates in Pre-Hardmode. (Console and Mobile only) For Desktop users, this potion can go hand in hand with the Fishing and Sonar Potion.

Dangersense Potion

Very useful when spelunking. Avoiding traps in key for surviving, and is helpful for finding the Stylist NPC in the Spider Nest.

Endurance Potion

Most useful potion. (at this point) Reducing damage is perfect for defeating bosses and overall survival. Combine this with a Worm Scarf for maximum potential.

Featherfall Potion

Somewhat useful for avoiding fall damage, but can be annoying when you change falling speeds.

Fishing Potion

Very useful when it comes to fishing for the Reaver Shark. (Console and Mobile only) Overall a useful potion for any fisherman playthrough.

Flipper Potion

Goes very well with the Gills Potion, but is overshadowed by the Neptune Shell.

Gills Potion

Goes very well with the Flipper Potion. Useful for exploring and looting the ocean early on.

Gravitation Potion

Useful for finding Floating Islands, but use the Golf Method for better results.

Greater, Lesser and Normal Luck Potion/s

Useful for fishing, but the Gnome is better for an infinite buff.

Last edited:
Archery Potion doesn't fall into uselessness later on. Many of the best lategame weapons are bows, and it straight-up adds 20% damage to them.

Archery Potion doesn't fall into uselessness later on. Many of the best lategame weapons are bows, and it straight-up adds 20% damage to them.

Very true... I personally don’t play archer, but I did test these potions before making this list. I’ll change the list right now.

Back
Top Bottom