• Sprites need work

Votes: 10 1.7%
  • Hammers

Votes: 88 14.6%

• Total voters
The Jungle Boulder Giant is a great idea and i really like the drop from him :
index.php
Absinthe Fury
Also have just one golem in terraria the Ice Golem.But i dont liked so much the Devil vases. Because
the hell is a hard place to survive and now the pots can kill you too? if u dont have a wing you will fall
everytime in the lava because of the pots.

The pots is too like... pots. They need something like a mouth, or even eyes. If not, they will be much like pots.
[doublepost=1541886682,1541886430][/doublepost]
if u dont have a wing you will fall
everytime in the lava because of the pots.

Any monster in the hell can thrown you in the lava. And you can only "walk" safety in the hell with at least a shield.

I think the pot mimics would also fit in as Pre hardmode equivalents of Actual chest mimics. They would definitely present a challenge when spelunking underground if you're not careful.

index.php

We all know these guys right? (View attachment 27909)

Well, I want to see more mobs like mimics. No, I do not mean more chest mimics, I mean new types of mimics.

kdcROYP.png

View attachment 27910 Introducing: More ways to kill you!View attachment 27909
divider.png

Pot Mimics

Pot mimics are hardmode mobs that follow the same principle and AI as regular mimics but are twice as common. They stay still until the player is near them before attacking in a similar fashion to slimes. Pot mimics will always spawn in groups of 2-4 and attack the player at the same time. Unlike regular mimics, pot mimics would drop no rare loot, but instead, either greater health potions, greater mana potions, a few gold coins separate from the pot mimic's regular coin drop, a few grenades, or a special potion depending on the type of pot mimic. Pot mimics can also be spawned pre-hardmode by powering a pot statue. As with other statue spawned mobs, they would only drop banners. Pot mimics float on water like slimes, and lava for the underworld variant.

View attachment 27911 View attachment 27912 View attachment 27913 View attachment 27914View attachment 28270View attachment 28272View attachment 29924 View attachment 29925 View attachment 29317 View attachment 29318

Pot Mimics

Max life: 110-160
Damage: 40
Defense: 15
KB resist: 40%
Coins:
Silver_Coin.png
x4

Drops:

30%
Greater_Healing_Potion.png
Greater Healing Potion 1-2
20%
Greater_Mana_Potion.png
Greater Mana Potion 1-2
10%
Gold_Coin.png
Gold Coin 2-4
25%
Grenade.png
Grenade 6-15
15% Potions 1-2
Surface-Underground:
Magic_Power_Potion.png
/
Endurance_Potion.png
/
Calming_Potion.png
/
Ammo_Reservation_Potion.png

Cavern:
Endurance_Potion.png
/
Ammo_Reservation_Potion.png
/
Magic_Power_Potion.png
/
Mana_Regeneration_Potion.png

Jungle:
Summoning_Potion.png
/
Rage_Potion.png
/
Wrath_Potion.png
/

Ice:
Warmth_Potion.png
/
Endurance_Potion.png
/
Magic_Power_Potion.png
/

Underworld:
Inferno_Potion.png
/
Obsidian_Skin_Potion.png
/
Rage_Potion.png
/
Wrath_Potion.png
(every 50 kills) View attachment 27929 Pot Mimic Banner x1

divider.png

View attachment 27916 View attachment 27952
Lihzahrd Temple Pot Mimics

Max life: 350
Damage: 60
Defense: 20
KB resist: 100%
Coins:
Silver_Coin.png
x7

Drops:

100%
Lihzahrd_Power_Cell.png
Lihzahrd power cell x1

Unlike other pot mimics, Lihzahrd pot mimics will not chase after the player and will remain stationary. When in range, these pot mimics awaken and fire a volley of three ricocheting fire balls identical to the ones fired by the Golem but with less damage and cannot be deflected by weapons. The fire balls will always hover above the mimic before traveling towards the player. These mimics spawn in groups of 2-3 inside the Lihzahrd temple and are generally more common than other pot mimic spawns.

* Featured in Szgamer227’s Lihzahrd temple expansion suggestion

divider.png

View attachment 27963
Dungeon Pot Mimics

Max Life: 325
Damage: 50
Defense: 30
KB resist: 80%
Coins:
Silver_Coin.png
x6

Drops:

10%
Water_Candle.png
Water Candle x1
30%
Ectoplasm.png
Ectoplasm 1-2
30%
Gold_Coin.png
Gold Coin 2-4
30%
Golden_Key.png
Gold Key x1
1%
Nazar.png
Nazar x1

Like their Lihzahrd relatives, these mimics will also remain stationary. When onscreen, they inflict the water candle debuff on the player, regardless if they've been awoken or not. When in range, they begin firing fast moving water bolt like projectiles that ricochet and cannot be deflected in volleys of 4. These attacks have a 25% chance to inflict Cursed. And yes, they have a chance to drop water candles and ectoplasm. They spawn in the Post-Plantera dungeon.

Vase Mimics

View attachment 66380 View attachment 66378

Max Life: 4000
Damage: 150
Defense: 60
KB Resist: 100%

Vases are like pots no? These buggers are big, tanky, mimics that fire wall piercing blasts of ectoplasm when awakened. But that's not all. Every once and a while, the mimic grapples you and pulls you in, dealing heavy contact damage. The attack works in a similar way to the Wall of Flesh's tongue. To compensate, the mimic will Glow bright blue before executing this attack and requires a clear line of sight. It will also use this attack if the player gets too far away from the active mimic.

Phase 2
Vase Demon

View attachment 66383 View attachment 66384

Max Life: 1000/4000
Damage 100
Defense: 40
KB Resist:100%
Coins:
Gold_Coin.png
x4

Drops:

100%
Ectoplasm.png
Ectoplasm 4-8
20% View attachment 66382 Ghostly Grapple x1
1%
Nazar.png
Nazar x1

After loosing 3/4 of their health, the spectral essence of the mimic leaves the vase and attacks like the Dungeon Spirit, occasionally firing the blasts of ectoplasm present in Phase 1. They have a 33% chance to inflict Cursed. They are about as rare as Paladins.

As to be expected, each Vase Mimic only spawns in their representative dungeon color. Again, these are Post-Plantera.

View attachment 66382

Ghostly Grapple
Type: Grappling Hook
Reach: 35 tiles
Velocity: 16
Hooks: 2
Latching Type: Individual
Rarity:
Rarity_color_8_big.png

Sell:
Gold_Coin.png
x6

The "spiritual" upgrade to the Dual Hook, nothing much really. It would give off a faint white light and be semi transparent.

divider.png

Corruption Pot Mimic

View attachment 31140
Gnawer

Max Life: 200
Damage: 70
Defense: 15
KB resist: 45%
Coins:
Silver_Coin.png
x5

Drops:
33.33%
Rotten_Chunk.png
Rotten Chunks x1
100%
Cursed_Flame.png
Cursed Flame 2-5

These would spawn in groups of 2-3 in the surface and underground layers of the corruption, and rarely, in the cavern layer. When awakened, they will lunge toward the player at high speeds, moving through blocks if necessary. Uses a modified "Flying" AI. They have a 50% chance to inflict Cursed Inferno. Spawns in hardmode.

divider.png

Crimson Pot Mimic

View attachment 38308
Toxicara

Max life: 100
Damage: 40
Defense: 5
KB resist: 30%
Coins:
Silver_Coin.png
x3

Drops:
33.33%
Vertebrae.png
Vertebrae x1
100%
Ichor.png
Ichor 1-3

Toxicara follow the same AI as the Floaty Gross, but spawn on the surface and underground like their corruption counterparts. When killed, they explode in a shower of ichor, inflicting the debuff on nearby players. Additionally, 3-5 Round worms will spawn from the killed Toxicara. Only spawns in hardmode.

View attachment 38307
Round Worm

Max life: 100 (shared)
Defense: 18
Coins:
Silver_Coin.png
x1

These are small, 4 segment long worms (1 head, 2 body, 1 tail). Due to their small size, all parts share the same stats

divider.png

View attachment 29317 View attachment 29318
Devil Pots

Max Life: 290
Defense: 25
KB resist: 60%
Coins:
Silver_Coin.png
x5

Drops:
30%
Greater_Healing_Potion.png
Greater Healing Potion 1-2
20%
Greater_Mana_Potion.png
Greater Mana Potion 1-2
10%
Gold_Coin.png
Gold Coin 2-4
25%
Grenade.png
Grenade 6-15
15%
Inferno_Potion.png
/
Obsidian_Skin_Potion.png
/
Rage_Potion.png
/
Wrath_Potion.png
Potions 1-2
4% View attachment 29316 Hot Pot x1

I know these look the same as regular underworld pot mimics, but here me out. These will spawn after one mech boss has been defeated (post-mech) and will replace 75% of underworld pot mimic spawns and will spawn in groups with them. Unlike their regular pot mimic relatives, these will move faster, and when in range, shoot a short range stream of fire that falls to the ground, lingering for 8 seconds (again, it's a projectile). They always tilt 45 degrees before doing so, and shoot in an arch, usually firing above the player's head. They also have a small chance to drop new magic weapon, the Hot Pot along with the regular underworld pot mimic loot. They have a 50% chance to inflict On Fire! on contact while the projectile has 100%.

View attachment 29316

Hot Pot
Type: Weapon (magic)
Damage: 35
Knockback: 5
Max Stack: 1
Mana: 8
Velocity: 11
Rarity:
Rarity_color_6_big.png

Use Time: 15
Tooltip: Shoots a burning arch of lingering fire

The Hot Pot is a magic weapon that mimics the attack pattern of Devil Pots. It functions in a similar way to the Aqua Scepter but is more affected by gravity. The fire will fall to the ground, lingering for 3 seconds with a 100% chance to inflict On Fire!

divider.png

Bag o' Coins

These little fellas are very rare mobs that spawn in the cavern and underground levels . As seen here, they mimic coin stashes. When the player reaches 7 blocks from it, they will awaken and attempt to flee. They rapidly jump away from the player and jump extremely high when necessary. Each time they lose 10% of their health, they will drop a coin (specific to each variant respectively) When killed they drop a very high amount of coins. Bags o' Coins are instantly killed when dropping into lava more than 1 block deep, along with the high amount of coins they drop. Silver and Copper ones will spawn in normal mode, but gold ones only appear in hardmode

While normally things such as debuff immunity is often over looked, I'll have to mention that these will have full debuff immunity.

View attachment 28220 View attachment 28221
Bag o' Gold

Max life: 1500
Damage: 0
Defense: 40
Coins:
Gold_Coin.png
x40

View attachment 28400 View attachment 28269
Bag o' Silver

Max life: 350
Defense: 5
Coins:
Silver_Coin.png
x50

View attachment 28399 View attachment 28268
Bag o' Copper

Max life: 60
Defense: 0
Coins:
Copper_Coin.png
x80

divider.png

Boulder Giants

What? so what are these? Well, they mimic background boulders. Boulder giants are powerful, post Plantera mini bosses that are 50% rarer than regular mimics. They come in 4 variants: Cavern, Jungle, Ice, and Underworld. Unlike regular mimics, they will reveal themselves at a greater distance and roar to notify the player that it has revealed itself (to prevent unwanted despawning). Boulder giants attack by throwing large stone projectiles (specific to each giant) at the player that ricochet off walls at high speeds, dealing high damage and knockback. The giants themselves can go through walls when necessary, but their projectiles do not. They move generally slowly, but move faster when clipping walls. Each variant has a chance to drop an exclusive melee weapon. They also occasionally emit a particle effect while hidden.

View attachment 68530 View attachment 27902
Cavern Boulder Giant

Max Life: 4000
Damage: 90
Defense: 50
Coins:
Gold_Coin.png
x4

Drops:
33.33% View attachment 27920 Stone Sledge x1

Throws generic boulders similar to the ones already in-game.

Other Possible Names: Rock Titan (Scarecrow), Stone Ogre

View attachment 27903 View attachment 27904
Jungle Boulder Giant

Max Life: 4500
Damage: 80
Defense: 58
Coins:
Gold_Coin.png
x4

Drops:
33.33% View attachment 27918 Absinthe Fury x1

Throws larger mudstone boulders that ricochet less. Also has a chance throw a seed pod that explodes into a tangle of outstretched vines near the player. Vines may inflict venom

Other Possible Names: Jungle Guardian (Scarecrow), Mudstone Sentinel

View attachment 27905 View attachment 27906
Ice Boulder Giant
Max Life: 3800
Damage: 100
Defense: 48
Coins:
Gold_Coin.png
x4

Drops:
33.33% View attachment 27919 Glacieor x1

Throws smaller ice boulders that ricochet at random angles. Each time the boulder bounces, it has a 50% chance to leave a pile of damaging icicles attached to the block. The Boulders and Icicles have a chance to inflict chilled.

Other Possible Names: Glacier Giant (Scarecrow), Frozen Titan

View attachment 27907 View attachment 27908
Underworld Boulder Giant
Max Life: 5000
Defense: 50
Coins:
Gold_Coin.png
x5

Drops:
33.33% View attachment 27921 Surtr's Sword x1

Throws hellstone boulders. Occasionally throws a large slow moving boulder that explodes when near the player. Leaves behind lingering lava like projectiles and fire. All attacks have a chance to inflict On Fire!

Other Possible Names: Fire Behemoth (Scarecrow), Hellstone Colossus

* Featured in Szgamer227’s post-mech hell expansion suggestion

View attachment 27920

Stone Sledge
Type: Weapon (Boomerang)
Damage: 70
Knockback: 8
Max stack: 1
Velocity: 13
Rarity:
Rarity_color_8_big.png

Use time: 16

The Stone Sledge is dropped by the Cavern Boulder Giant. It functions in a similar way to the bloody machete but has only half the range and can ricochet 5 times. It returns to the player after reaching the 5 bounce cap. The Stone Sledge can be rapidly auto fired before the previous projectile has returned (like light disks). They do not pierce.

divider.png

View attachment 27918

Absinthe Fury
Type: Weapon (Spear)
Damage: 72
Knockback: 7
Velocity: 4
Rarity:
Rarity_color_8_big.png

Use time: 23

The Absinthe Fury is dropped by the Jungle Boulder Giant. Mobs hit by the spear become wrapped in vines and take continuous damage equal to a third of the spear's damage and small amounts of knockback for three seconds. The spear also has a 33% chance to inflict venom for 7 seconds. Has a leaf particle effect when used.

divider.png

View attachment 27919

Glacieor
Type: Weapon (flail)
Damage: 80
Knockback: 9
Velocity: 16
Rarity:
Rarity_color_8_big.png

Use time: 34

The Glacieor is dropped by the Ice Boulder Giant (anyone notice how the ice biome lacks a flail?). It functions like a "true" flail as in it can be held down, is effected by gravity after the initial throw, and can be dragged around. Each time the flail comes into contact with a mob, 6 piercing icicle are released out of the flail at random angles. The icicles have a range of around 4 blocks and has an internal cool down of 1.5 seconds before they can be released again. The flail has a "flurry cloud" particle effect.

divider.png

View attachment 27921

Surtr's Sword
Type: Weapon (broadsword)
Knockback: 7
Rarity:
Rarity_color_8_big.png

Use time: 25

Surtr's Sword is dropped by the Underworld Boulder Giant (I might change the name if people feel this doesn't fit the bill of being called "Surtr's Sword"). When hitting a mob with the sword, the sword releases a small spreading pool of lava. However, unlike regular lava, the lava spawned will linger for 8 seconds before evaporating. This lava does not form any blocks with other liquids, add to actual lava pools, or damage passive NPCs and the player (it is a projectile and not an actual tile). That being said, it will damage enemies normally unaffected by lava such as flying bosses and underworld mobs. The sword's lava has the same damage as regular lava with the same ability to inflict On Fire! The sword does not autoswing and also has a 50% chance to inflict On Fire! for 4 seconds. Has a fire particle effect when swung.

yes, the sprite is based off of one of my older sword sprites.
divider.png

Additionally, these would also work well with @SzGamer227 ’s suggestion on making mimics better at mimicry.

Which can be found here
divider.png

Possible Upcoming Additions

Enchanted sword mimic
Shadow mimic revamp

divider.png

I'll be adding a bit more if this is well received (which it ended up being, hurdy dur dur), including more loot from Boulder giants and a few more pot mimic variants.

Critic and comments are very welcome!
index.php

Support banner code:
Code:
[URL=http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/pots-and-boulders-more-ways-to-kill-you-sprites.11636/][IMG]http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/pots-and-boulders-png.28408/[/IMG][/URL]
Well, i have got to say, this is an amazing set of ideas and i love the spriting! Even something as simple as mimics has made my day!:redspin:

I like the concept quite a lot… however I'm not fan about the stats, juging those can spawn quite early and frequently when exploring… and are quite tanky! But love the sprites though!

If these were in the game I'd probably die more times that I'd like to admit, and I'd be caught of guard every second. The stats seem a little high for what they are but overall these is not a bad idea.

in what way? i felt like i've seen these and now i know they're in thorium but what'd they do to butcher the suggestion?

^
Most of the mechanics I had in mind were glossed over, only one of the weapons works as it's supposed to. Yes I gave the thorium guys to add it in, but at least the folks at spirit mod asked me about the the things they added and let me give feedback. Granted, I don't like thorium at all anymore. A reminder this is over 5 years old now, I was younger and more open to any recognition I could get back then.

Back
Top Bottom