Drawings & Paintings ppower arts

And some other stuff where no context is needed:
index.php

Press-Г-to-Pay-Respects.jpg

Wah!!

Anyway, in context, these art are pretty dang good so far! Haven't seen the art of Celeste's final boss though, due to me, not playing the game.
Also, can't wait for more to have another request for ya. This time tho! It's not about my current character (Ruth, incase if you do not know), rather, it's a best friend of her. So, I'll keep watchin' on ya!

It's been a while once again, But that didn't meant I have done nothing. :)
I think I'll keep the art batches on around a monthly basis for now, untill activity is sparking on the forums again:

Starting off with a character from Kid Icarus Uprising: Magnus.
Magnus Kick.png

I have been really hooked at the game lately, and of all characters that made an appearance, I've found Magnus one of my favorites. :)

I've also been looking to improve my artstyle by a bit, so the lines have become a bit thinner for most of the art batch here.
I still need to figure out if the style fits well, because I'm pretty quick tempted to draw smaller as well when I draw thinner, I think that's a matter of experience.
I can do more details on artworks when the lines are just a little bit smaller, so at any way, it's certainely going to be an interesting step if I continue that way.

Now, for the art batch, here it is:

Kagero from Fire Emblem Heroes,
A lot of dedication was needed to get enough Kagero's through the colorless rolls. But the Ninja love remains strong enough to survive. :passionate:
Kagero+10.png

A few requests I did elsewhere to practise the new artstyle for a bit:
Lunarly Merica.png
Katherine.png
Haley.png

Birthday drawing for DG-VR and Ninja for Miltvala:
Xiao.png
Takane.png

Nageru stretching out in a more sportive form of her outfit:
Fit ninja.png

I think that I'll actually keep Nageru's casual outfit like that. As the hood and shoulder armor were hard to draw together, and have caused a lot of dislocated shoulders in the past. So consider this more as her casual outfit,

Young Silvyne preparing her armor:
Geared up.png

Something something princess trend, except I affected someone's OC with it instead:
Princess flannelle.png

And for the colorless (which doesn't include Kagero's):

Magnus doodle, was a practise to draw him in my style:
Magnus.png

Mr. Bean parody when people are telling me to try out "new things":
look at the beauty.png
(Szaila acually wasn't involved into that)

My 5 years of knowing Terraria, showing all the playthrough characters I've made since then, as well as the differences in Steef's appearance:

5 years of Terraria.png

And some context-less doodles:
GN Artstyle change doodles.png

2 ninjas.png
Sapphire Chiib.png
Snickerbobble.png

And that's all for now, I'm looking forward what kind of progress I'm making the next time. :)

GN HH.png

It's been a while once again, But that didn't meant I have done nothing. :)
I think I'll keep the art batches on around a monthly basis for now, untill activity is sparking on the forums again:

Starting off with a character from Kid Icarus Uprising: Magnus.
View attachment 210508
I have been really hooked at the game lately, and of all characters that made an appearance, I've found Magnus one of my favorites. :)

I LOVE MAGNUS SO MUCH A A A A H

I need him in Smash so bad.

It's been a hectic time last month, But at least I can ensure that I've gotten my drivers licence and I may also continue working at my job!

So, this time there isn't much drawn, mostly with some deadlines that are approaching and my attempt to catch back some sleep.
Eventually, now that all the driving lessons are over, and that I'll be able to drive myself, I might even get some extra time to spare as well. I wonder how that'll end up.
Hopefully not into FEH and Maplestory

Anyways, I've finally managed to give Steef's outfit the much needed overhaul. pretty much combining both his previous outfits.
I'm really glad how it has turned out, It really gives me the interests to draw this more often.
Lifelight background.png

And my phone finally got a new background too, weew.

And I've decided to draw Nageru again in her unhooded form:
Ninja Nageru.png

Pretty glad how the legs and overal anatomy have turned out, not having to draw the pauldrons really helps to improve when I need to draw them again.

As for the remaining doodles:
Out of all the ideas for the Super Crown trend I had, I drew this...
Spider Queen.png

I'm having too many Sword Girls in FE:H and I don't know which one to choose:
sword girl competition.png

Some Kid Icarus Uprising doodles:
Kid doodles.png

What elegance!
What grace!
What disturbing brutality!
Mimicutie.png

Maplestory 2 addiction:
GN Maplestory distraction.png

And that's all for now, If there were any questions why it's been so low lately, blame MapleStory...and Age of Empires:
weekend.PNG Samantha Maplestory.PNGCaffeïne.png

Last edited:
Time for the update of December.

Just like I did last time with a summary of all games played in the past year, I've made one of this year too.
I've been trying around plenty of new games this year. Some to consider a masterpiece, and others where I had better expectations.

Regarless, all of them have been gathered here to celebrate Christmas together. See if you can find out which character is from which game.
All games 2018.png

But in case you don't want to guess, here's a list of them:
Susie from Deltarune
The Protagonist from Oceanhorn
Isaac from Golden Sun
Adol from YS the Oath in Felghana

Curly Brace from Cave Story+
Pit from Kid Icarus Uprising
Madeline from Celeste

Wario from Warioware Gold
Ayra from Fire Emblem: Geanology of the Holy War
Marisa from Fire Emblem Heroes
Niko from Oneshot

Sophia III from Blaster Master
Monk from Age of Empires II
My character from Caveblazers

And finally, the SNES Classic

Disclaimer:
Super Smash Bros Ultimate was certainely the main highlight of this whole year, but since I'm lacking a Switch myself, I've decided to just keep it with the Smash Icon on the christmas tree.

And to keep the tradition of my Summary of Art each year, The one for 2018 is here as well:
year review 2018.png

Even though I don't consider drawing as my main timespend anymore, I'm still glad to see many detailed pieces to fill each month. :)
I've been quitting both Maple Story and Fire Emblem Heroes in order to keep myself productive. There are also a lot of other games that I still want to play, and a lot of ideas that I want to work out. And I consider these more important than grinding a new level in a single game.

And without further ado, the doodle batch:
A Hexafusion made with my 3 main girls, pretty cool that even the sketchy designs came out well:
hexafusion.png

Had planned to release this image along with some lore of Steef's power of fire.
But since that idea already existed since easter, and havn't made any progress with it, I've decided to let it go:
FireLight background.png

Christmas doodle with Samantha:
GN Christmas 2018.png

Valkyrie doodle inspired by the Lifelight OST.
Her name was formerly in doubt, but now I'm calling her Sapphire:

Valkyrie lifelight.PNG

Silvyne Stargazing, little doodle for her thirth birthday:
GN Silvyne 3 anniversary.png

And that's all to wrap up for this 2018. Hope you're all having a great new year!

...however

There's one thing that I want to talk about, if you don't mind:

So, as I've said before, drawing is no longer my primary timespend. But I am quitting several games to make more time free.

So where does that extra time go?

Well, as you may have seen with my previous project, Space Siblings, I'm able to develop games in the pasttime.
And already since January 2017, I had in mind to work on a new game. One that was certainely bigger than before.

This was the whole "Project" idea that I've mentioned in several posts.

But...Even though I'm aware that games are taking a long time, I've greatly underestimated how much time I have to spend on this one.
So I had to fight against a lot of struggles, fighting procrastination by every roadblock I'm facing. Shrinking down the main idea to reach a clearer goal by 2 times already.
I've considered drawing and casually playing games as a waste of time, because I could also work on the game project instead.
And I've preferred a method to only announce it once the game is getting close to done.

It's been two years since then, and there's still plenty of work left to do.

There have been times where I thought to work on smaller projects instead, but I dislike making half-work.
The whole point about continiously designing new things, made the goal of releasing still years away.
It was at that point where I thought I've failed on the project. Failed to deliver a 'good' designed game.

But...
I've realised that it's all not about making the 'perfect' game, but just making 'a' game. Any kind.
So from that moment, I've shrinked the project down a 3th time, scrapping all new things I had planned and going for the absolute minimal required.
And since then, the finishing goal became manageable once again.

It's been a wise lesson I've taken from game design, Even though I've only taken that step since 1 October, a lot of progress has been made since then.
Sadly, it's still gonna take a while before it's truly finished. And thus it's still gonna take a while before I'll draw or open requests again.
I'm honestly kind of glad that 1.3.6 is taking such a while, so I've all the silence to work on the project.

So I hope you can understand why it's been so low on artworks lately, and why I've been closing requests for so long.

I'm rather not willing to build up any exitement, because I'll dislike it when things are going below expectations.
But just letting you know that when you're not hearing much from me, that you can expect that I'm working on the project. :)

Teaser1.gif

Hope to see you back in 2019!

Last edited:
So, as I've said before, drawing is no longer my primary timespend. But I am quitting several games to make more time free.

So where does that extra time go?

Well, as you may have seen with my previous project, Space Siblings, I'm able to develop games in the pasttime.
And already since January 2017, I had in mind to work on a new game. One that was certainely bigger than before.

This was the whole "Project" idea that I've mentioned in several posts.

But...Even though I'm aware that games are taking a long time, I've greatly underestimated how much time I have to spend on this one.
So I had to fight against a lot of struggles, fighting procrastination by every roadblock I'm facing. Shrinking down the main idea to reach a clearer goal by 2 times already.
I've considered drawing and casually playing games as a waste of time, because I could also work on the game project instead.
And I've preferred a method to only announce it once the game is getting close to done.

It's been two years since then, and there's still plenty of work left to do.

There have been times where I thought to work on smaller projects instead, but I dislike making half-work.
The whole point about continiously designing new things, made the goal of releasing still years away.
It was at that point where I thought I've failed on the project. Failed to deliver a 'good' designed game.

But...
I've realised that it's all not about making the 'perfect' game, but just making 'a' game. Any kind.
So from that moment, I've shrinked the project down a 3th time, scrapping all new things I had planned and going for the absolute minimal required.
And since then, the finishing goal became manageable once again.

It's been a wise lesson I've taken from game design, Even though I've only taken that step since 1 October, a lot of progress has been made since then.
Sadly, it's still gonna take a while before it's truly finished. And thus it's still gonna take a while before I'll draw or open requests again.
I'm honestly kind of glad that 1.3.6 is taking such a while, so I've all the silence to work on the project.

So I hope you can understand why it's been so low on artworks lately, and why I've been closing requests for so long.

I'm rather not willing to build up any exitement, because I'll dislike it when things are going below expectations.
But just letting you know that when you're not hearing much from me, that you can expect that I'm working on the project. :)
I think it’s really good that you’re pursuing this. I’m fully confident that you’ll know what to do. Good luck!
On a side note, may I ask what you thought of Deltarune?

I think it’s really good that you’re pursuing this. I’m fully confident that you’ll know what to do. Good luck!
On a side note, may I ask what you thought of Deltarune?
Thanks a lot! I'm certainely looking forward to share more once it's closer to done. :)

As for Deltarune:

Gameplay wise, It's overall a great improvement over Undertale. Though the lack of any choice makes it look more like a generic RPG. Not that it's really bad, but it just feels less unique. Because the part that makes Undertale a 'masterpiece' is gone. However, the soundtrack, animations, Narnia-vibes and Susie are all amazing. So I'm looking forward for the full game.

Development wise, this is a huuge take on a sequel. And I can reflect it back at my own development that it can be quite troublesome, especially when you're im doubt of recieving the expectations like Undertale did. Currently I'm not expecting it's full release anytime soon (e.g. less than 7 years) if he's doing this project alone as well. But I'm really hoping Toby can make it through and can find a team to work with. As it's already looking incredible.

Last edited:
As far as I know Toby made stuff pretty much alone ( including soundtrack ). He had a bit of help with sprites and some of the designs though.

A new year, a new me. Best wishes to everyone and hope you're all still pursuing your resolutions. :)

Earlier, I had a chat with friends about female armor and stuff. (The realistic way)
It has inspired me to look back at Silvyne's drawing and I've asked for feedback.
And there certainely were some details here and there that makes things look more 'armory'.

So, once again, Silvyne has recieved a huge change in her Silver outfit:
Silvyne 2019.png

Two big changes in one year, lucky girl.
Her armor's barely the same one from a year ago. Loving the improvements. :passionate:

And today's Nageru's fourth birthday as well!
She has gone such a long way from where she started. And who knows which path it'll follow?
Birthday Nageru.png

And after 2,5 years, Samantha finally got a decent reference image as well:
Samantha ref resized.png

And without further ado, the other drawings done in the meantime:
I have not forgotten about the Contest Entry, but after participating three times in a row, I've let it go for this year.
Though, I did had a pretty idea about it. And sketched it out just to share the idea:
What if the Frost Moon Cast just casually celebrating Christmas with you?
See it as a counterpart of the Naugty Present; The Nice Present:
Nice Present sketch.png

Gift for Ghostar, Doing a Jojo reference:
jojostar.png

Gift for Dragonith's birthday:
gn dragobirthday.png

Gift for Grumpy Squid for been so helpful to the Terraria community:
GrumpySquid.png

Lil' gift for Szaila:
GN Pillow fort Szaila.png

And a lil' gift for Tinker:
Tinkering.png

And some personal doodles that don't need context:
GN Amnesia.png
Sapphire doodle.png
Fire Fight.png

tomboys.png
Aleu.PNG

As for the game development: Progress is still on-going, but it's not enough to keep it up to date on a monthly basis like this batch.
So in that case, you'll hear more of it when the time comes. :)

As with the latest forum news, updating the art thread main post has been on hold as well. (I've been countering issues with the edit button almost a year ago).
Thanks for understanding.

I think I'm actually more active with the monthly updates than I am without them. But I guess that's only for the better.
That's all for today, have a great Februari!

GN Flan.PNG

And with the last day of the month, it's time for the February batch.

I've decided to draw the valkyrie Sapphire again, in a more dynamic pose:
Sappfire.png

And a little Vala-ntine doodle for Miltvala <w<
Helena Valantine.png

Coffee break:
Coffee party.png

When Milt ask me to draw grills:
HelenaVala.png

Little coincidence discovered in the Lifelight lyrics:
GN undying light.png

It's been a short one, which fits for a shorter month.
I've decided to skip most of the 'required' drawings like the CC69 and Valentine, so I could keep the focus on the project as well.

Though it's also annoying when I didn't want to do stuff just 'for fun' anymore. That was untill 100% Orange Juice came in the mix. A great RNG-mania party game.
It kept me away from the focus, but on the other side, I also had a great time with my friends again.
To be fair, I don't mind it when I'll skip an evening for that. There's a balance of been productive and having fun with others that everyone should keep in mind. :)

So, I wanted to do the monthly update of this thread again with the latest drawings,
untill I realised that I havn't made any colored drawing for a whole month.
...that's...awkward.

In that case, I'll leave it up with the doodles.
Crypt of the Necrodancer meeting Legend of Zelda, a crossover that nobody could have expected, but won't mind now it exists.
Unbelievable to think that Nintendo's opening the doors for Indie games, that sounds like so much potential, really looking forward for a brighter future:
ZeldaCrypt.png

The Fetid Baghnaks feels like a devastating chainsaw once it's reaching the maximum melee speed:
GN Chainsaw.png

Doodles for SolarDragonMarnyr and UltiDaniel, two artists that reminds me of myself on the earlier times on the forums:
Ifina.png
Ultidaniel.png

And another doodle as revenge for SolarDragonMarnyr after he suddenly drew Silvyne for me:
Rinvan.png

Random 100% Orange Juice:
GN Final Battle.png

More random stuff:
Terrariable.png

As for the state of my game, progress is still flowing greatly. It's just not in a state where I could show it off already.
It's clear that I won't be including any known characters in the game, as they've had already their own way to shine.
Instead, I wanted to focus on a character that has gotten little attention, so I've freedom of creativity to flesh out. :)

Hope you'll all have a great april fools. :p

Back
Top Bottom