Drawings & Paintings ppower arts

And at long last, Hjort Helten Beta has been released!

Technically, I've drawn a lot of sprites by myself so I could this whole project as an artwork. :p
But the original announcement is mentioned in my Indies thread, (which was previously just called "Space Siblings")
index.php

You can click on the direct link here to download it on itch.io, or you can see more details on the second link on TCF.
But please keep any feedback in my indies thread on the second link. :)

Website with download link: Hjort Helten by ppowersteef

Feedback thread: Member-Run Project - ppower indies

Have fun! :)
C'mon man, I just got done recording, why do you want me to fill up my laptop with gigs? :p

And the end of July has arrived again.

Most of the time has been spend for the final tests of the game and resting off.
The game has come through many hardships, and I've had to ignore many ideas to keep the progress going.
But the project has been finished as of now. Though due to exhaustion and health issues, it's recommended to not pick up the gamedev for a while too. And I think that's fine.

Several OC's have been created during the game development too, which I also had to ignore at some point.
Hopefully I can spend a little more time with them together now that the project is over:
Happy Holidays 2019.png

I've started to watch the classic Pokémon movies again,
Some of them are such a huge step-up from the original series, that I called them 'Legendary' in my nostalgic ages.
And even until now, they still feel very special to me. And it was worth drawing one of my faves to remember them:
MayAndManaphy.png

June was quite the month of indie Metroidvanias:
Bloodstained and Gato Roboto got released, Touhou Luna Nights got their final update, Blaster Master Zero got available on Steam.
I've already played 3 of them and they're all enjoyable in their own way. Maybe I'm going to pick up Bloodstained or Hollow Knight sometime later:
Indie Metroidvanias of June.png

And an Alraune OC concept, used to be some sort of boss concept, but think it's also fine as an individual character:
Alraune.png

Vacation is coming and I'll be off tomorrow. I've been really looking forward to it. And I hope you all will have a great time too! :D

And it's time for the art thread update of August (No, it's not 1 Sept yet, It's timezones, yes)

I've already started going back into drawing again.
Though, I've also been hooked on Minecraft lately, the game has changed so much since last time I played survival.
Maybe I could share some of the builds I've made, but I don't think that'll fit this thread well. That's yet to decide.

Since my artstyle has changed and several characters got a redesign, I found it worth updating my OC group again:
chibi OC's part 3.png

Chibi OC's crop.png
I've ideas to reïntroduce my OC's again so their roles and backstory are fresh once again. some of my characters original roles have been pretty dated.

But that'll probably come once when I'm done with Minecraft...eventually...

Gift art for an artist on DeviantArt:
Muzupi.png

Brave Frontier Ophelia for MiltVala
Ophelia Miltvala.png

Brave Frontier Luna:
Luna.png

Axolotl girl for Dragonith:
Axolotl Grill.png

Flan slimegirl:
smexy slime.png

And a Birdday gift for me. c:
Steef birdday 23.png

I've done several drawings for other people lately. I think that's a good way to get into requests again.
I'm thinking about eventually opening requests again, the question is only when it's a good moment, Because I do want to get some other things done first:
GN minimap.png

Okay, that's all the time I've got, I gotta get back at playing Minecraft on my Nintendo 3DS.

For those who go back to school, good luck on your next year!

New forum update, and new art thread update for me. As it's already at the end of the month. :p
I have to get a little used to the new changes of TCF. But I see that the staff's already working on improvements. So I'm not all too bothered with it.
For once, I've been doing a CC entry again, of an idea that's been in mind for half a year at least:

Imagine if Terraria weapons had a crossover with Kid Icarus: Uprising:

KIU meets Terraria.png

KIU has been one of my favorite 3DS games I've played, and it had a broad variety of weapon types to choose from.
Since Terraria also had a huge variety of weapons. I found it funny to mix them up with each other. :)
I even had some ideas how these weapons would behave, even if a suggestion for an old released game is silly, it's about the idea :p
Terra Blade: Swings while shooting, allowing you for both range and melee attacks.
Shadowbeam Staff: Quick hitscan beams with low damage and thin shots, requires precision to use well.
Fetid Claws: Can do the 5 hit combo in quick succession, maybe even enough for a 10 hit combo. Sprays Ichor as a ranged attack.
Daedalus Stormbow: Gains quicker charge of the special ability during flight sessions.
Nebula Palm: Looks like the Arcanium, but acts more like the Nebula Blaze. Fast homing projectiles with a chance to shoot a larger one that does triple damage.
The Arcanium kicks in when it's charged.
Purple Clubberfish Club: shoots bubbles from the Toxicarp as ranged attacks. Uses Cursed Flames as a charged attack.
Snowman Cannon: A fast cannon with homing ability.
Twin Orbitars: Retinazer shoots lasers when doing ranged, Spazmatism attacks for two when in melee range.
Golem Arm: shoots Golems Lasers when continious fire. uses the hand as a charged shot.

It's been a busy month overall, with lots of stuff happening here and there. But at work the stress is over for now, so I'll have some room for free time.
So here are the remaining artworks I've done:

Birthday and thank you drawing for DG-VR:
Xiao Kurabe.png

I started to like the Alraune's design from July quite a bit, so I may make it an OC of some sorts:
Ludine.png

Birthday and thank you drawing for Ajidot.
It was also a challenge of a 1-minute lineart and 4-minute coloring. It's an experience:
ajicake.PNG

Area 51 'raid' happened:
raiding party.png

And a drawpile I did with MiltVala, Criddle and Corenality. This helped me a lot to fill up the other random ideas to draw out.
fasisdfcjbahjcab.png

Finally, I've also been working on some game design as well, and a small update for Hjort Helten is on the way.
Main feature of the update: A minimap!
HHminimap.gif

When pressing M, a metroid-inspired minimap will show up, showing which rooms you've already discovered, and which room you currently are.
As you go through rooms you havn't visited before, the map will update it the next time you're opening it up.

Personally, I thought the world map as whole is too small for this feature to be needed, but I think you can get lost pretty quickly by the lack of backgrounds and variety.
It's a good way to practise map-making too, because it's been difficult. I'm glad that I've managed it this far, and that the world map isn't all too big. weew. :D

I start to notice that the TCF update makes all spoilers now start with 'Spoiler:' even if you named them.

And that's all for now.
I've wanted to open requests this month, but because of the TCF update, I think that would've been a bad moment, so perhaps later this week is a possibility.

Untill then. :)

Finally, I've also been working on some game design as well, and a small update for Hjort Helten is on the way.
Main feature of the update: A minimap!
View attachment 227378
When pressing M, a metroid-inspired minimap will show up, showing which rooms you've already discovered, and which room you currently are.
As you go through rooms you havn't visited before, the map will update it the next time you're opening it up.

Personally, I thought the world map as whole is too small for this feature to be needed, but I think you can get lost pretty quickly by the lack of backgrounds and variety.
It's a good way to practise map-making too, because it's been difficult. I'm glad that I've managed it this far, and that the world map isn't all too big. weew. :D

I start to notice that the TCF update makes all spoilers now start with 'Spoiler:' even if you named them.

And that's all for now.
I've wanted to open requests this month, but because of the TCF update, I think that would've been a bad moment, so perhaps later this week is a possibility.

Untill then. :)

Kinda reminds me of Symphony of the Night. Keep it up, Steef, i'm interested to see your game developing progress!

Kinda reminds me of Symphony of the Night. Keep it up, Steef, i'm interested to see your game developing progress!
Thanks! Both Metroid and Castlevania uses the same kind of maps. And their simplified design is something I enjoy looking at too.

I'm trying to post more frequently now that the heavy part before publishing is behind me. Though it depends on various stuffs. :)

Time for a mid-month update for once. :)

The Hjort Helten update I've been working on has been released last week:
HH_Map_Update.png

With the main feature been the minimap, but I've also made some smaller improvements for ammo use and others. For more info, see you can look at the thread here: Member-Run Project - ppower indies

As for now, I've no more plans of working on Hjort Helten for the rest of 2019. So, for once, I'll have some extra time to spare to do more things again.

And to get started, I'm willing to take character requests again. With other words:

-+-+Requests are open!+-+-

I need to get a little bit used to drawing requests again. So to get started, I'll take 5 slots on TCF. And probably another 5 slots on Twitter, though these requested on TCF will be drawn first. (The priority for TCF is especially for those who've stayed on the forums, and my art thread to extend, untill today. See it as a little reward along with the anniversary.)
The slots may eventually expand further depending on how well the requests goes. Please be aware that I won't do the requests immediately, as there's still a Friday left before weekend, and I need sleep too. :)

Please read the further details to know what to expect:
Per request I'm going to draw 1 character with a detailed design and shading, transparent background:
7CQeqiB.png
ilk3z9z.png

- Pictures of your character(s) are preferred if possible!
- The characters doesn't have to be Terraria-related, but it is preferred.
- I don't set a specific limit about character details, but I'll rather not prefer overly-detailed characters.
- Any race is acceptable (As long as I feel comfortable drawing it) but I do draw humans often so my preference is to be human.

Things I like to draw:
- Girls.
- In-game Terraria characters.
- OC's or game characters.

Thing I will not draw:
- Anything that is against the usual forum rules.
- Backgrounds.
- Evil/Demonic/Bloodlusting characters. (very broad, and it varies depending on how comfortable I am with it)
- Blood/Guro.
- Basically anything that does not make me feel comfortable drawing.

Please PM me if you've questions/doubts about your request.

And with that said, request away. :D

Last edited:
A request coming from me! I would like to request Thoira, a monk I've been playing recently in a dnd game on a different online community!

1570750409427.png

(This is the base that I describe the rest of her character from)

Thoira is a DnD character, she is a monk, dressed in a cloak that covers the clothes seen in the picture, with her blood red hair and eyes standing out against her chalk white skin. She has a silver bo staff on her back, while she has a tankard on her hip. She also has silver earrings.

History: "Aye, me 'n my family have always had a connection with those... of a different origin. Me ma at least, she was a regular with the Ilithid colony living underneath our home. On top of that, our house was built near a Shadowcrossing... That went about as well as you could expect it to."

Born in a village build on a hill near a Shadowcrossing, Thoira grew up in relative peace, her family making a lot of money by trading valuables with the slaves of the Ilithid living under their house. Thoira though, was a rebellious teen and went against her family's rules and into the Underdark, where she got lost looking for those her family traded with.

Though she tried to get out without being noticed, a pair of Drow found her before she ever got near the one exit she knew was safe. But she wasn't without her tricks, and with a dagger she had taken from the family armory, she stabbed one of them and ran, leaving the unwounded Drow to deal with the wounded one. She ran to the nearest exit that she knew of, a exit that none would use if they had a choice.

The exit near the Shadowcrossing.

That was where Thoira exited, she entered the Shadowfell and was quickly completely and utterly lost. Her wanderings left her without food after but a day, and the despair setting in did not help, but she found her way to a building, a dark, gloomy, looming building that she only just recognized as some form of a monastery. She stumbled in and was taken to a bed where she could sleep.

It was then that she went on to shape her future life, by asking the monks there to train her, she bound her life for the coming years. She learned what she could of their way of life, and of fighting, but eventually decided that she did not quite fit with their style and began building up her own.

One day, a visitor was at the monastery and she was pointed out to him. It turned out that he was a monk who was a wanderer of the Shadowfell and a master of the Drunken style of fighting. He was a kind man, giving her the instruction needed to survive on her own, to not be caught up by the magic that permeated the very air of the Shadowfell.

When she was done learning all she could from him and ready to adventure forth on her own, she started by going back to the monastery that saved her life, by crossing through the wilderness of the Shadowfell. She was accepted and after a three day meditation to celebrate her leaving her master's teaching and completing his final test, she finally went back to the Shadowcrossing, and went home.

When she came home however, she found that her family had moved on after grieving for her loss, and they did not recognize her, nor did she recognize them. They were too... innocent.

She left after that, going to a nearby lake to meditate on what it could mean. In the lake she saw that she had changed, where before she was fairly tanned from being outside all the time, years in the Shadowfell had leached the color from her skin, leaving her hair and eyes standing out, but not untouched, for before she had a strawberry blonde haircolor and blue eyes, they had changed to bloodred. Combined with her new clothing style and her different way of carrying herself? It was a surprise she recognized herself.

She left them a letter, in a place where she knew her little brother would look, explaining what happened to her and why she was going. Because she had come home, but it wasn't home anymore, for she had changed too much.

She has not heard of them since, but that could be because she has joined up with an adventuring party with whom she has had some adventures, including one in which they investigated an undead crypt which led to her making the decision to silver her bo staff.

Now, I'd really like to request the Terrarified Pokemon OC, I call him usually Trebonth, species as usual - a Snivy.

(Dyes are on left, accesories to apply it are on right)
1570797666447.png

(Ignore the human, this is what I consider for his species, although made by Solar Dragon Marnyr at first, it's just a reference:
Trebonth.png

A while to note: probably dual Venus Magnums would be the primary weapons, with the armour partially ruined by wear, gloves lost (Feral Claws).

Now, this was the run I didn't somehow bring in there on TCF, although the most successful Expert Mode one.

Guess I'll request one.

I depict her as a serious person.
She wears a yellow raincoat, and a rose on her head.
The Frostspark boots she's wearing has flame dye.
She uses Daedalus stormbow as her weapon.
1570889692336.png

Yep, there were still 1 spot left. I should mention these in the main thread again.
I think for convenience sake, the next requests made here will fill up the remaining slots meant for Twitter. (It's not that active there anyways) So there are technically still 4 slots left.

Glad that you're liking it, Wyverntamer. :D

Back
Top Bottom