Drawings & Paintings ppower arts

Easter's upon us, so the lent period of not posting is over. I'm glad to be back. :)
...Well, more or less, because of the quarantaine stuff, it feels like lent has taken it's own way...worldwide, so I eventually started posting on Twitter again.

Regardless, I've managed to take the time to relax, and as result, I actually felt more productive this period in return.
So without further ado, here's the stuff I've done recently:

---Artworks---

Silvyne has gotten 2 new forms lately, one in her Silver Armor outfit,
this time complete with a Silver Sword, Silver Shield, Silver Helmet and a Tungsten Greatsword, in memory of a fallen fellow knight:
Knight Silvyne.png

I've also watched a fun anime called "Bofuri: I don't want to get hurt, so I maximise my defence" (Just typing 'Bofuri' is good too)
perhaps spoilers, but one of the appearances had inspired me to combine Silvyne's space armor with 5 spaceships at once.
It was silly, but fun to work out. :p
Silvia-Zero.png

As far as the 2 spotlight artworks go, time to continue with more drawings in the spoilers
Since I stick with "One character doing multiple things", it's difficult to keep track which weapons they're all capable off.
So I've made recently a list of my main OC's weapon arsenal, I've also tagged which weapons are Terraria related, because they're quite mixed between their original weapons. :p
OC weapons list.png

More Bofuri memes:
Maple approaching.png

Angel character for TenaciousTinker on Twitter:
Penny.png

I changed my Avatar and name to Milt69466 back in 2015, and Milt said that I was in charge of drawing android butts from now on, which I did:
android butt.png

Firefox and Valkyrie:
Mirea and Sachiho.png

And more OC/Nageru interactions:
Ludine hug.png
Shadowclaw hug.png
silvyne gaming.png
Steef hug.png

---Game development---

The Lent period has done me good, I've taken my time to rest and not pressure myself.
As of current, I'm feeling healthy and well again, so I've started working in game-development.

That said, I've also an announcement to make:
As of now"Hjort Helten" has it's name changed to "Herten Held"! And from this point, I've planned to work on it untill it's release ready!

Herten Held announcement.PNG

It may perhaps be a huge undertaking, but considering the mayor parts that's remaining are the story and backgrounds. I can see an ending in it's journey appearing.
Everything else can be considered as optional, and I'll work on these when the major goals are reached.
I find the plan looking solid and reachable, hence why I'm ready to continue to it's release build.

I'll keep the progress up to date on Twitter through #ScreenshotSaturday. So you may visit it if you like.
Here's so far some of the progress already done:

Hopefully everyone's doing well during this quarantaine period, I'm currently fine myself, but the experience can differ for each person.

Happy Easter, and please stay safe everyone! May God be with you.

Reverse bunny.png

Since last month was already halfway through April, this month is of course a bit shorter than usual.
And on top of that, since last post, I've only worked on Herten Held, improving the artwork/sprites in game.
I'm really glad how the new tilesets and walls are looking so far, so I wouldn't mind sharing them again. :)

Wall tiles!.PNGdark forest.pngsanctuary tease.PNG

It may still take several months untill this project is finished and release ready though.
And with Journey's End approaching, I think it wouldn't hurt to take the next month off for now.

After all, the bowstring cannot always be stretched.
Samantha relax.png

A little later with the monthly batch, I had a bike accident last sunday, and now my left arm needs to rest. (I'm also writing this with one hand now)

Terraria's Journey's End is out! Weeeeew!
Also, several deadlines were in the same month, aaaaahhh!

Regardless, I've still done several things this month, including some Terraria hype once again.

---Artworks---

Starting with my favorite one, Bloom from Winx Club:
Bloom enchantix.png

It was an old but nostalgic show for me, pretty girly, but now I like girls. So I've enjoyed watching it back. :v
(I may or may not have Sapphire's personality inspired by Bloom)

I've done a few Terraria drawings as well, though not much after the release, I think I was too busy playing Journey Mode then.
I wonder how ths results into once I've reached endgame:
Capture 2020-05-20 20_36_11.png

Mother's Day happened again, so I wanted to draw armom again. (pending name, I may keep her now. :v)
I'm having some ideas about lore for Trex and Silvyne, but it's not fleshed out yet. So I'll just let this picture tell the story for now:
Armom.png

I did an art trade with @TenaciousTinkerer to draw his Mimic OC:
Slime mimic.png

The trade resulted pretty well:05-23-20_-_Steef_Art_Trade.png

Zoologist Fox Grill is a cute:
Fox grill.png

perhaps a little too cute:
Dont mind him hes a lumberjack.png

Suweeka is back once again! Or well, at Twitter at least. :v
Suweeeee.png

It was a pleasant suprise to see Suwee back, you really should follow him if you can. :D

and last but not least, Crocorocs playing golf:
Golf richard.png

---Game development---

I decided to take a break from the gamedev last month, because with stress and Journey's End approaching, I didn't wanted to add this up either.
Once I've done what I wanted to do with Terraria, I would like to return to it again.
Samantha Fire.png

That's all for now, hope you're all enjoying Journey's End! (and if not, the devs are open to feedback)
And hope you're all staying safe!

Sapphire Icon.png

And another month has passed, so time for the Monthly art batch.

Both arms have been restored already, now it's time to cope with intense summer heats. 🔥🔥🔥
Though this time I've been prepared, and bought a fan for my desktop, yay.

And without further ado, time for the artss:

---Artworks---

First bigg Terrariart since 1.4!
I've really loved the Zenith's visuals to symbolise the end of the journey.
There couldn't be just one ultimate sword, so instead, every ultimate sword is a part of it.
It's to me the best way Terraria could've gotten with the final sword.

I've also wanted to give @Ghostar some appreciation too, when a Quality Assurance does their job well, then their work is invisible, but I can understand quality testing is a tedious work.
So I've wanted her to be the one controlling the Zenith, I think it's a perfect fit with her wings too. :)

Ghostar Queen of the swords.png

I may do some more Terraria Arts in the future again, the Empress of Light is also in mind, but that's for another time :)

Now, time for the other arts:

It was @MiltVala 's birthday last month! So I drew one of his recent OC's, an orchid mantis girl named Ryoka:
mantis grill.png

Min Min got announced to Smash!
First I didn't mind much who got in, but Min Min certainely got me interested. Totally not because of the green clothes and short blond hair and asian style
Minminmin.png

The coffin dance is a weird meme, in common cases it's just an extension of the joke where someone gets hurt.
Yet I find it more fitting in the roguelikes genre, where you'll often end up dying a lot.
And since I couldn't get astronomia out of my head, I've decided to just stick with the idea, and did one of Caveblazers.
Caveblazers coffin dance.png

(It was only afterwards that I noticed this fits even better with Crypt of the Necrodancer, but I think someone else likely already did that. :p)

Done a bit of OC information too, for now I've expanded Trex' main weapon's origin:
Trex weapon story.png

And lastly a Cave Story doodle, as I was playing Cave Story Hardmode again recently:
20200612_130422.jpg

---Game development---

TFW you want to do gamedev, but also Terraria, and end up attempting Gamedev inside Terraria:
spaceship.gif

I didn't really get further than this though, working with logic gates is a whole different language than C# :p

But the spaceships inspired me enough to pick up Space Siblings again.
Because there was one last thing that I didn't liked, and that was that you could get an Game Over even after defeating the boss.
So I've updated the game to v1.1.1.1, which adds a good ending when you run out of lives after defeating the boss:
mission complete.gif

Due to the funny version number, I'd like to keep this as the final version of the game.
There's too much old code that makes it more difficult to work with it.

As for Herten Held, I'm currently working on the intro and outro parts of the game, which probably include some art as well:
wolf intro.gif

I'm trying to keep a balance between the amount of work needed, and enough animations to leave me satisfied with my expectations.
This is probably my next focus point to work on. I'm already looking forward to it. :)

That's all for now! Leave a like, Subscribe and make sure to click that 'watch' button to get notified by upcoming montly batches! (idk how to outro)
yoyo.gif

Happy Birthday me! :D
Girls in the city.png

(my birthday was actually the 29th, but I wanted to wait with updating this thread untill I finished this artwork)

Time for the monthly art batch again.
Summer holiday is upon me, so I'm 3 weeks off from work, weeew!
No idea what I want to do, but certainely want to rest out.

Let's get into the artss

---Artworks----

Since I've fought the Empress of Light, I found that her appearance belonged to one of the fairies in Winx Club.
And thus I've wanted to draw the Empress of Light in the style of Winx. I find it really fitting for her:

empress winx.png

Funny how I said I want to do more Terraria arts, but after the Empress of Light, I'm a bit out of ideas.
Maybe that's for the better to focus on gamedev and such.

As for the other artworks, they're inside the spoiler:

I've wanted to give Sapphire a slight redesign, showing more skirt and skin. <w<
I've also shown her wielding the Lightrand, Steef's signature blade. Whether I'll stick to that idea is yet to decide:
angel of fire.png

Though, having skirts does come with the consequences:
GN Sapphire Skirt2.png
She'll be fine.

It was also Rariaz' birthday recently, so I've decided to draw his Cyber Angel, from the vanity contest nominees:
Cyber Angel.png

Nageru's backside once again:
Ninja back.png

Lil gift for @TenaciousTinkerer new OC, which is a Golem mech controlled by a fairy.
I found it an interesting take of a fantasy mech.
fantasy golem mech.png

More details, cuz I like to share:

And Panzer Paladin came out recently, it seems this was already a thing a month ago, but I've only heard of it during it's release announcement.
The game really reminds me of a mix between Blaster Master Zero and Shovel Knight/Castlevania. And I felt instantly sold:
GN Panzer Paladin.png

The pilot also looks, oddly familiar:
Silvyne flame.gif

(I bet Tinkerer's nature mech is also inspired by the same game)

---Game development---

Last month I've worked on both in-game intro and outro animations
I thought I could get more out of this, but doing these are pretty difficult, or my approach is just inefficiënt.
I think it's probably better to leave them as is.

Intro:
intro.gif

Ending: (WIP)
Y wont U lov me.gif

Ending?
awakening.gif

Ahh, Was it you who rang the bell of awakening?

I'll probably not show more things regarding the ending, to give the game still a reason to finish. :p

Next parts on gamedev will likely focus on backgrounds and background objects, most of the remaining stuff to do is going to be artwork related, so I expect most of the drawing effort will go into that next month.

And that's all for now, hope you all have or get a great vacation!

Samantha watching.png

Last edited:
Ohey, it's the end of the month again...Crawls out of bed.

Monthly art batch!

I've worked more on game development than on artworks this month, so it's kind of fair to highlight that instead.
But for consistency sake, I'll keep the artworks on top of this post.

---Artworks----

I've redesigned the Alraune char again by including leaves, to look more green and plant-like.
She goes with the name Ludine by now:
Bigg plant.png

And it was Corenality's Birthday once again!
Due to similairities, I've given his OC the pose of Pauline. :v
highscore.png

Quick doodle of the remaining girls in casual clothes before setting off in vacation:
grills cough.png

An art meme, #Faceyourart, where you post the 9 faces of previous drawings, to the consistency in the artstyle.
face your art.png

And another art meme, #ArtStyleBend, where you try to draw different from common characteristics others found in your style:
artstylebend.png

---Game development---

Lately I've been working on various background objects, and filled them up through all of the rooms.
to diverse the backgrounds from enemies and other interactable objects, the lineart of the background blends a little with the rest.
The results have been looking really great so far
background objects.PNGbackground objects2.PNG

I've also looked for a "time attack/speedrun" methods with an in-game timer. And let the ending artwork vary depending on the clear time.
By been a metroid fan, I found that a fun reference. :p
timer.gif

Now, most that is left are...the backgrounds, and while I've already given it a try begin this year, I think this is something that needs some thoughts.
- How many backgrounds is enough backgrounds? And how much detail is enough detail?
- Would backgrounds suffice it's role and not be interrupted with other background tiles?
- How will backgrounds work in relation with other objects? Will too much detail blend too less?
- And the fact I'm no longer drawing backgrounds/scenery anymore, let alone multiple.

Personally, I think simplified backgrounds as this would already suffice enough for me, it's just a part that's combined with other background elements as well:
backgroundsss.png

Backgrounds currently are a bit glitchy too, so I might not even include it as main priority to release the game with them, but it surely would be nice to have though.
I think for now, it's better to leave it as is, and give it some second thoughts afterwards.

Vacation is over for me, but I'd say it was well spend.
Onwards for a new year! (And please let the heat cool down)

Monthly art batch time.

It was a month with some stress and deadlines. Right now I've been managing through, And took the evenings easy by just drawing.
At one side I thought this month wasn't very productive, but now I look back at it, I've done more stuff than I had expected, suprising how much a drawing in the evening can do.
So let's start with it.

---Artworks----

This time there was quite a focus on improving old OC's and birthday gifts.

Birthday drawing for DG-VR, with me and MiltVala's OC's, and to give a little nod to the neko-ness trend. <w<
cat grills.png

Rand and Rianne. Two characters I've once made to expand the Space Siblings crew.
I havn't really mentioned them ever since then, so I wanted to give them at least a decent ref:
Rand and Rianne.png

Thardus has retired from been an adventurous mage, and has started a quiet life as a shepherd.
He still have to take care of the sheeps for any harm, so he reforged his Sky Fracture into a shepherd staff.
Thardus Shepherd.png

Nageru once again:
fruit ninja.png

Silvyne's mother aka armom:
queens and queens.png

Birthday art for Rei, she likes Eevee's:
Eeveei.png

Birthday art for Epiccriddle, surrounded by many other lightning OC's:
OG Criddle birthday.png

---Game development---

The background glitch I used to have is now fixed, weeew!
So I've been on my way trying to implement some backgrounds.

Decided to start first with some simple drafts to see if they look fine enough, and to try out how many backgrounds I think are needed to suffice:
So currently, backgrounds are already implemented, but they're still drafts, I still have to consider the blending in mind to still recognise it as a background.
background1.PNGbackground2.PNGbackground tease.pngbackground sketch.PNG

Which comes to realise, I actually havn't drawn a proper background for years...let alone multile.
So it's kind of a challenge to try this again, though with the simplelicity in mind, I don't think it would be too big of a problem.

The backgrounds are currently rather static following though.
I'd love to have a parralax effect, but for now, I'm already satisfied enough if there are backgrounds, they really give a more immersive feel of depth:
background moving.gif

Man...when I was playtesting if the background drafts were implemented correctly, I found it hard to believe that it already looks almost finished.
Backgrounds are currently the last major thing that needs to be added. and there are around 12 backgrounds to do. It feels like a home stretch now. :)

There's however currently a GameMaker bug that breaks the save method, They're already aware of it, and I hope to see it fixed the next version of GameMaker.
so unless you're able to beat it in one session without dying. I rather wait with releasing untill that bug is fixed.

That's all for now, I'm wondering how next month will pack things out.
So untill then, untill next month!
GN Nageru fit.png

...wow, it's suprisingly been a busy month, by looking back, I've been suprised myself as well. Lol

Overwork is done and stress is out! Weew!
So I've also been doing more stuff in the pasttime, it felt good.

---Artworks---

Starting with a new OC as this month's highlight:

There was once a time a bunch of friends made cat girls and slime girls, and I preferred to not join the trend 'just because'.
And now, here I am making a slime girl myself. :v
magnet slime.png

This character was inspired by Metallic Putty, though with the twist that she actually is magnetic herself.
Due to this, she's attracted to metallic gear, which in her time period is fitting for most adventurers exploring the world.
Though she has no evil intentions herself, just her nature alone can be seen as a threat, especially to well equipped and armored adventurers.
She has a diet on metal, and doesn't prefer plants or flesh. So that's a relief to them.

Redesigned the alraune again to look more plant-like and bigger:
Alraune evolution.png

And a worthy mention that I've finally made a new Steef design after 2 years. :v
This time I've simplified it a lot, giving it a little more 'castlevania' feel with his coat and boots. I think it fits his nature and interest pretty well.
Steefvania.png

And more drawings/doodles in the spoiler:

Anyone remember that Nageru had a fairy with leaf wings? I found her design actually pretty solid, so I've wanted to give her a redesign:
Leaf Fairy.png
Fairy form2.png

Ironically enough, instead of cat girl and slime girl trends, there's now a sort of fairy OC trend happening that I kinda caused. :v
GN fairy gang2.png

(I forgot to add a fairy char there)
GN ishtar fairy.png

Suweeka's birthday art!
Suweekat.png

Animal day with animal characters!
animal day.png

Magnet Slime in action:
magnet hug.png

Watched the anime "Keep your hands off, Eizouken" last month.
It's a great one about making an anime with a small, but very inspired group:
Eizouken imagination.png

And a challenge challenge (challenge challenge challenge?) meme I did with Kagero from FE:
challengechallengekagero.png

---Game development---

All the backgrounds are done! \o/
For now, I've been waiting for GMS2 to fix the saving bug, I know so far that it's already fixed in the current GMS2 Beta, but I rather wait untill it's on a release build.
GN savestone1.png

This however does give me time to work on some optional additions and improvements, so I can see it as a plus too:
waitforit.gif

So far the things that are currently left to do:
- Waiting for GMS2 to release it's next version.
- Ending screens
- Possible boss improvements
- testing + testers feedback changes
- Preparing for publish

It feels really close now, if it's not for next month, then hopefully for December.
I'm looking forward for it to wrap it all up. :)

See you next month, and happy halloween! (For those that are celebrating it)
GN Doodling.png

Montly Art batch time.

Been currently on a break, so it has been low on content.
Yet, I've still managed to do some things and another.
For now, I'll leave this month's update short just to give a head's up.

---Artworks---

Been working on one of Herten Held's ending screens recently,
But I really liked how Samantha turned out, so I also made it in a seperate char image:
Samantha ending2.png

After the 5th Anniversary Concert, I've finally decided to pick up Undertale for myself.
Despite I already knew the game, I still had several laughs and feelings out of it's small gags.
I would love to draw more fanart for the game, but for now, have a quick Undyne:
Undyne.png

And no, I won't do Genocide:
GN undertale.png

Flowery Flower:
GN flowery.png

Sodapone birthday doodle:
GN sodabirthday.png

---Game development---

The saving bug is fixed! Yeeeeet! \o/
That really gave me a boost in motivation, so Herten Held's latest version has been tested by others for the first time this year.
It has recieved some great compliments and feedback. It's already a great game, but there are still things that can be done to improve it more.
I expect it to be a January release. I'm working to see how close I can get to it, but I don't want to stress over it. :)

Things left to do:
- Working on tester's feedback. (It seem quite a lot, but I think it's doable)
- Revisiting ending screens.
- Improving boss
- Preparing for publish

The testing went great, I've discussed about improvements for hours, and it really gave my motivation back.
Though still feeling stressed, so I've to be aware that my own determination doesn't become my downfall. (totally not an Undertale reference)
Working on it slowly, and giving time for other things seem to be the best approach for now. I'll keep my health in check. :)

Holiday's are coming soon, will it be for work extra hard on the game, or to give the time to relax? Guess that's gonna depend on the situation.
That's it for now, untill next month!

Back
Top Bottom