Drawings & Paintings ppower arts

Actually had the interest to draw today.

Have a Shantae Siren. <w<
water plant water plant.png

And time to close up this year with the last monthly art batch of the year.

2020 as a whole was...something, not just the Covid-19 itself, there were a lot of expectations, stress, sickness and disappointments I had to face.
It was not a year I like to remember personally, and for privacy reasons, I don't like to go too deep into it.
Though, been able to work on my game was something that kept me busy throughout the year. And now that all these things have been put aside, this holiday honestly feels rather relieving.

I've as new years resolution that I no longer want to focus too hard on game development, and once Covid is over, that I hope to interact with more people again than before.
I used to have a focus on frequency over quality, maybe that's something I should go back into, and try that practise in game development as well.

More on this stuff later, let's start with the artworks first. :)

---Artworks---

For the holiday's, all of my OC's have gathered together to celebrate Christmas and new year.
It felt strange to make such a drawing, while knowing that I unfortunate cannot celebrate it myself.
Perhaps I'm already longing to see the full family in person again (We still have celebrated Christmas well as a small group though!)
OC christmas.png

This does mean that there's no game summary art for this year. As I've wanted to do it with OC's for once.
But with the inclusion of the Switch, there have been some great games I've played this year, so some of them have been mentioned as Christmas Tree ornaments. :)
Terraria 1.4
Castlevania: Symtony of the Night on mobile
The hardcore games mix (Caveblazers, Celeste Farewells, Cavestory+ Hardmode and Blaster Master Zero Destroyer Mode)
Age of Empires with colleagues.
Noita 1.0
Undertale

Switch games:
Super Smash Bros Ultimate (a lot with brother rivalry, which is also seen in the image above)
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Mariokart 8 Deluxe
Evoland 1+ 2
Downwell
Overcooked 2
Shantae and the Seven Sirens
Super Mario 3D All Stars

And this year marking my 5th anniversary of my "Summary of Art"!
Year review 2020.png

I've come such a long way when looking back.
Even though I think my style is already looking fine as is, it's great to see that there's always room for improvement as well. :)

More artworks in the spoiler:
I've participated in a Secret Santa gift once again, this time I had to draw Usada Pekora.
She reminded me of Aru in some way, and since that was fitting for Christmas, I gave her outfit an Aru color sheme. :p
bunny girlll.png

I've also gotten a Secret Santa gift as well!
With Sapphire and Samantha hanging out on holidays!
SecretSanta2.png

I've wanted to give Sapphire a little redesign/alternate design.
Finally giving her a purpose as the Guardian of the fire arrows. She waited so long to finally feel useful. :p
Sapphire Archer.png

Sword shooting:
sword shooting.png

Bored doodles:
doodle dump.png

---Game development---

Man, Herten Held has come such a long way, and I'm glad to see it's in a condition I already can see as finished.
Only OST changes and ending screens are left, and for now I'm testing it through to see if there are minor things left to improve, while waiting for the music commisions.

The whole release update has been a full-year project for me. And a lot of great things have happened:
- Full Backgrounds, complete with background tiles, and objects in every room!
- Intro and ending cutscenes, complete with a timer and endings depending on time!
- Enemy and boss redesigns and revamps!
- Controller Support!

...if I may be honest, I may have pushed things too hard for the short game it is.
For a long time, I've been thinking the game didn't looked as good as I wanted, and then when backgrounds were done, I think it has become much bigger than I wanted to.
Regardless, I'm happy how it has resulted into. And I'm looking forward for releasing it. :)

When the release happens is depending on the testing results and music, I'm not going to stress about it to make it in January, so I guess it's done when it's done. :p

I'd love to focus on much smaller games after this, similair like I did with Space Siblings.
But I do not regret working on this one. Sooner or later I would have loved to try out a Metroidvania game anyways.
Just maybe, I would try working on a larger project again, but that's a thought for much later.

Whatever 2021 will bring to us, remains a mystery, so the best that we can do is hoping for the best, that things may go just a little better than last year.

And that's all for now.
I'm wishing you all and everyone a good and hopeful 2021!

Last edited:
Monthly Art Batch time!

This month has been a focus on gamedev polish (...and Breath of the Wild), more on this in a moment.
I didn't had expected to do much drawings, but I ended up doing a few anyways. :p

---Artworks---

Happy birthday Nageru!
It's been 6 years since I've created the throwable playthrough, and when I've created my first girl OC. Things have changed quite a bit. :p
I've wanted to do a little more dynamic pose for her this time, she's a ninja after all:
Neenja.png

And a Birthday gift for @Dragonith
An elemental fairy riding a literal dragonfly:
Super Dragon World.png

And more arts in the spoiler:
An art trade for TenaciousTinker (Have yet to recieve my end though):
tinku slimegal.png

And wanted to draw the character appearing in my game's fountain,
She was intended to be just a random character, but I may give her some background information:
Water Serene.png
Fountain statue.png

And worked on an ending screen of my game.
It's supposed to be a reward, but I've really liked how the sunset looks, so I'll give it a sneak peak:
1611939341457.png

I've heard people really liked to draw cows this year, but I didn't saw the need for it.
GN draw cow.png

Food preference fun:
GN vores.png

(Had intended to put this in the Christmas drawing, but I think it fits better seperate)

Out of context fun:
GN plewds.png

---Game development---

- Ending screens done!
- testing done!
- self-testing done!
- post-testing changes done!
- Everything can already be considered done.
Only the OST change is left, but I don't make the music, so I can't be certain when that happens.
So currently I'm polishing the game, looking for potential bugs to fix, and doing some small changes if needed.

It almost looks release ready.
Once everything is implemented, I'll be able to plan a release date.
But I'll at least give it a week before releasing to make sure nothing is missing. :)

Also, I've planned to work on Herten Held's page on itch.io, so it's currently unavailable until the release.
Hopefully that's understandable.

Fun fact: in my calender, this February starts with monday and ends with Sunday, lasting only 4 rows of weeks, this hasn't happened for over 10 years.
That's all for this month, untill next month!

Last edited:
Cover art.png

And at long last, Herten Held is finally released!

You may check out the full post here:
Member-Run Project - ppower indies

Or if you want to go straight to the download page, then you can visit this link.

I can say, this has been a huge relief.
Since the start of 2020, I've been doing near-weekly updates on this game to keep the progress going, it felt great to share progress that way.
The montly updates of the art thread were great as well, I personally liked the gamedev subsection, rather than splitting that up into 2 threads.

It has been heavy to make room for this as well as keeping up at my job.
And due to this, I'll rather focus on things that are done in less time, like drawings, or maybe short games.
I've still ideas on future updates, but for now I like to take a break on the development.

I hope you're enjoying it, I'd love to hear feedback of it, but that's preferable in the gamedev thread. :)

Last edited:
Reaching the end of the short month. So here's a short monthly art batch:

As you've seen earlier, the first week was mainly spend on finalising the release update of HertenHeld.
It's also recently updated to v1.0.1, to do some quick changes.

As for now, I've been taking a break from game development and social media to do some things I havn't been able to do in a long time.
Like playing Skyrim for a full week straight.

There have also been a few drawings made in the meantime though, expect to see a lot of Samantha and Smash. :)

---Artworks---

Samantha on fire
Fire Archerrr.png

And Samantha resting out
ending1 v2 crop.png

Pyra and Mythra are is Smaaashh, AAAAaaaaaa!!!!
Sword grills.png

I've actually not played Xenoblade at all, but I've really liked the character designs when I saw them as spirits.
Sure, they may look like just another Swordfighter, but I've not seen any swordfighter that looks so anime and amazingly cute.
They're really welcome to me, and I think they fit my style as well. :v
1614538349241.png

Gee, I wonder why I like them so much
1614538630352.png

Also Smash related, that Mythra pose when she showed up looked badass,
so I wanted to draw Silvyne with that pose as well:
silver pose.png

Also Smash related, I've wanted to draw my Smash mains out of boredom.
Funny enough, this was actually drawn before I knew about the direct. :v
Smash mains.png

---Game development---

HH update 1.0.1 1.png

HertenHeld is released now, and it has recieved a hotfix in the meantime as well.
Currently it has recieved over 20 downloads, and I've recieved some good feedback for it as well.

The effort spend for the release update has really exhausted me though, so for now I've been trying to recover from it.
I won't be focussing much on game development and updates anymore, at least not until next month.

Although I've a lot of afterthoughts about it, if the amount of effort was worth the little attention it has recieved.
And if it was better if I've worked on smaller games instead.
But regardless, I've learned a lot from this project. And I've used it to help other people who started with Gamemaker Studio as well.
And I'm happy to look back at it and see what it has become:
demo16frame.gif.gif

Currently I'm in a lent period, and decided to take a break from both Game development and Social Media. (Safe from Sunday)
I hope the recovery will help out to gain my healthy condition back. Gamedev is fun, but it's hard to balance out along with your actual job.

I havn't felt this much freedom for a long time, it does feel really good.
I've only been playing Skyrim the past week, where I do a pacifist challenge where I have to keep my kill and crime count as low as possible.
Perhaps it's less about the bragging rights, but more about having something else to do. And strangely, it works really well.
I feel more at peace than when I'm browsing social media, it's that strange feeling of immersion that the game gives.
I do log some highlighted moments that I experienced in the classic. So if interested, I might doodle these moments as well. :)

And that's all for now, strangely we're already reaching the month where the worldwide pandemic started, time feels like it's flying by fast.
Hope you're all staying safe in these times!

Last sunday of the month, so might as well do my monthly art batch, while at it.

This month I've finished my Skyrim pacifist run. I've cleared it with only 1 undead kill (the Draugr Overlord that holds the Diamond Claw) and Alduin himself.
It was a pretty fun and impressive run. But I'm glad that it's over. Having to check the kill stats constantly to be sure I didn't messed up is a bit tiresome.

I've also been playing Final Fantasy 7 for the first time, I've been interested in playing it since the Sephiroth reveal in Smash Bros Ultimate.
Though the graphics are pretty dated, it's still a great game once you got the hang in it. Looking forward to play it again tonight. :)

Due to both games been pretty big and addictive, I've used it mainly to take the month off to relax. The relaxing has done me good. And I hope that my health improves in the next month as well. :)

---Artworks---

Back at Terraria art once again!
I've been wanting to try out something new, the image probably speaks for itself:
Bound mechanic.png

I think it would be fine in this context, as it's basically canon. :p

There's a game developer I've been following for a while, and their game's really looking cute and promising,
and it's cutesy style is similair with what I would've loved to do for my game.
So to give him some support, I've drawn his main character:

Hexerclass.png

Check out his progress here:

Casual Nageru relaxing, I'm liking it how this turned out::
nageru vibing color.png

And been thinking of making new boy OC, taking inspiration from Nightmare, Magnus and Cloud:
cyborg swordfighter.png

---Game development---

Gamedev break!

...I got nothing to do :v

Well, more or less, I've wanted to polish HertenHeld a bit, so it'll fit more to change it into an engine.
One of the main things I want to give to the game is keybindings, so I've done some preparations to make the keybindings work well.

For example:
The healing item now activates on it's own, instead of having to fill and heal up with a different button:
passive vail.gif.gif

Menu's have been reworked so it's possible to have a scrolling menu in different areas, like the pause screen:
pause menu.gif

And the first steps have been taken to set a list of actions to specific buttons.
This is not changing the controls yet, but it's so far the first steps:
keybindings progress.gif

Sometimes, gamedev is a lot of work, and a good working game is already taken for granted.
There were a lot of bizarre bugs I've seen thoughout the development, even just from past week.
I can see it as a good thing that these things goes unnoticed though, but I felt like I wanted to share this one:
paper samantha.gif

That's all for this month's batch! Have a great day, stay safe, and don't let april fools fool you! :bluslime:

Last edited:
Nageru hi.png

Steef's been gone for a while, so I decided to take this month over. :dryadsmile:

My name is Nageru, I'm a ninja, or well, I was, but I can go back to that. And I've the habit of throwing everything away. Eventually I've turned that into a skill, and tried it against Duke Fishron. I've kinda seen the rise and fall of the throwing class, so I guess it's no longer as special as it used to be, but we all are special in our own way!
So...what have I been up to...?
Well, it's difficult to tell, my quest has been over 5 years ago.
In the meantime I've been practicing taking control of my habits, got in some tight situations, went into greenery and plant research, and met some new cool friends.
I'm still missing my own hometown though, I've tried to visit it again after I left, but it's been kinda...uncharted. But I'm not giving up on it!

...Oh...I'm supposed to show the artworks of last month?
...it's the last day of the month already?!
Well, let's get into it then!

---Artworks---

Steef has gone through several changes, but sometimes there's something special about going back where it began.
So here's Steef again in his original Terraria outfit:

ppowersteef 2021.png

At one side, it's nostalgic, at the other side, it sure has a lot of detail.
But I'm happy how it turned out, he looks beautiful here.

Also @Suweeka 's Main character as an Aegis Blade. (Pyra/Mythra hype)
I bet it was a good excuse to draw 'bigger' while looking cool. :dryadtongue:

Haqu Blade.png

I've been visiting the nearby tavern again, and saw a lot of new people visiting through.
This might become a new habit, but I think it's a welcoming one, it allows us to see some new faces.
Hopefully we can expect some more in the near future.

Karst.png
lint girl.png

ninja boy.png
slime girl.png

Sapphire's been going through some negative thoughts, or 'future fear'.
But regardless, she has a heart of fire, and will keep on burning through these darker times.

facing the evil shirt.png

There were also some short retro games picked up, one is KAMIKO, a 2D Zelda with hack and slash elements.
The girls were just too cute:
kamiko.png

And another one was Pear Potion, also a short top-down game, but this time with some bullet-hell elements.
He may or may not have bought it just for the purpose of Dis Pear:
pear.png

Samantha went out and did some silly stuff on the day of April Fools, and showed some concept leaks that may or may not be true.
april7.png
april5.png
april3.png

I get bad memories from that plant.

---Game development---

(uuhhh, Steef? Why did you had to release one at the time I took over?)
Alright...I'll try:

Title3 crop.png

Herten Held 1.0.2 was recently released! Yeeeeeet!

This update makes it possible to set keys to any key on the keyboard,
I guess I understand now why it's called keybindings (This does not support controllers, house keys, car keys, Temple Keys, Hallowed Keys, Crimson Keys, Corrupt Keys)
(Not tested with the Desert Key yet, but I won't count on that either):

menu style.gif

There were probably some other minor changes, usually some asthetics or bugfixes.
You can probably check out this post for it. Steef's better in that than me.

There were also ideas for content updates, but the more he thinks about it, the better it would fit for a next game.
HertenHeld is already a finished game, so it's not needed to update it more than needed.

It's gonna be weird times now that the main project is done. Maybe that opens up some space to do other stuff in the meantime.
Or maybe he's already diving next week into ideas of his "Next big game"...
All in all, I'll make sure to hold him back from that and focus on resting out first, if you ask me, it's well deserved.

And, I think that's all for this month, hopefully things can go back to normal soon. I start to see the annoying factors of this name change. :dryadtongue:
Terraria's 10th anniversary is coming up, so hopefully Steef will be back by then, although I hope he's not going to push too hard.

And with that, Nageru is out!

(Oh, and in case you wanted to know why I've the King Slime title...it's...rather silly..)

King Slime bg.png
Courtesy to Dragonith

Last edited:
Last day of the month, so it's time for the monthly art batch once again.

---Artworks---

This time, I've focussed mostly on my "Char design series", and in good timing, I also finished them today!
The series started with that I had many ideas of new characters in mind, but due to other big projects (Like Herten Held), I never really spend the time to actually worked out.
I've wanted to doodle them all in one big pile, but instead, I've made them a series to post on seperate days, and it was fun to do them.

Instead of showing them all seperate, I decided to put them all in one big compilation.
Which one's your favorite? :)
Char Design series Compilation.png

It was a pretty fun project to let some thoughts and ideas loose, and go wild on new characters without having to worry keeping them.
Almost all of my character designs before have become OC's, and I feela bit conflicted when I can't place an OC in my universe of OC's.
Removing that barrier actually helped me to create unique characters, or work on species I often don't pay attention to.

Every character also has their own story/inspiration why they were in mind to make a character out of them, and thus, some may actually already have a place in my OC universe.

I thought with this compilation that the little series has ended, but even after taking a walk today, I already felt inspired for a new one.
So maybe this series will continue, but I can't guarantee them.

And more drawings below!

Well...yeah.
There was an attempt for me to join Terraria's 10th anniversary contest with big things and big stuff.
In this case, I've wanted to draw the whole world map, full with several events/bosses and little details playing around.
I think it would've been perfect to end Terraria's 10 year journey with it. But I was also way too ambitious, and this would've caused me more stress than I'm willing to abmit.
So maybe I'll finish this piece another time, but I'm certain that I won't be joining the contest with it.

I probably won't really join the contest with an other Terraria art either. To not feel the stress like this one again, I hope that's understandable.
Terraria world wip.png

In oher news, I've played the Fairrune Collection, from the same devs as Kamiko, and also found it a cute series of casual adventure games.
It's gameplay, action and story is a bit questionable, but the exploration, music and artstyle is amazing. and felt like drawing the Heroïne from it again:
Hinome.png

I showed someone how I draw flame/smoke effects, and might as well share them here:
Program I use is Medibang Paint Pro. (it's free!)
how2makeflame.gif

Me and my brother have also send a cute love letter to our mother, and she was completely touched by the letters, it was such an amazing feeling to see.
So I drew a little doodle to keep this moment in memory:
we're there for you.png

Please let the people who you love show your love as well, it can do them so much to make them realise that once again.

---Game development---
Nothing...

Yes, for once, actually nothing, and that feels relieving. :v

Well, there are ideas for new short games to get started on them again, but I'm still focussing on my recovery first.
Maybe these will happen next month, but once again, I can't guarantee stuff.

Also, Blaster Master Zero has become of interest again now I've noticed that it's thirth game is coming out soon...on my birthday!
I've really enjoyed the series, and hopefully I can do more for it in the next month.

And that's all for this month's batch.

June's approaching, and so does the E3 too.
I'm not sure what to expect from it, but I'm glad that it's happening again this year.
Looking forward to watch some upcoming and interesting stuff along with friends. :)

Last edited:
Last day of the month, time for the Monthly Art Batch!
Or MAB in short...I'll just keep it with the full name, it starts to stick.

This month has been suprisingly productive, I've wanted to do something new after the Char Design Series has ended, and it sure did.
So let's jump into it.

---Artworks---
It's been @MiltVala birthday last month!
And I've wanted to draw Helena for a while, so I decided to in detail with it. :)
helenananana.png

Formerly Blaster Master Zero 3 was already hype for me, but now Metroid Dread is also announced this year!
Seeing 2 of my favorite Sci-Fi Metroidvania's coming to their conclusion game this year, I'm really hyped to play both of them on release. :)
scifi shooters.png

There was an untitled series of "Mock @Suweeka by turning their OC crew into beach babes", and I wanted to threaten Suw with a good time:
shieeeld.png

Following up from what I said last month, I've tried starting a new series called Blaster Master Shorts, though I havn't really figured out the style yet.
A good quality comic can quickly takes days to work out, so I want to balance out quality and simpleness a bit.
So far only 2 entries, if nothing gets interrupted, then I may continue these series in the upcoming month.
Blaster Master Shorts 1.pngBlaster Master Short 2.png

Lloyd is announced as a Mii fighter. whooo booo sad wow can't believe he's deconfirmed now
Sarcasm aside, I'm really fine with this, and with everyone that went in that batch.
I had no expectations of new fighters since Steve got in, so everyone that gets included, regardless as Fighter or Mii, is a nice bonus to me.

Lloyd does reminds me back of the times where I mained him in Super Smash Flash, and he was also the inspiration of Steef, especially the brown spiked hairstyle.
Seeing his Mii costume brought back some good nostalgia, so I wanted to draw this dual swordsmen once again.
Lloyd.png

Should Steef also wield 2 legendary swords at some point? It's a rather simple design choice, but it looks so coool.

And finally, some out of context doodles:
GN Nindirect soccer.png
sapph doodle.png

---Game development---
Nothing again, time to move on.

...just kidding, I really can't sit still for 2 months, huh? :p

Right after I finished the 2nd Blaster Master Short, I came accross Pico-8 again, and I've been wondering for a while to try that out.
While wondering again, I've decided to roll with it and try it out.
For those familiar with Celeste, it had a hidden easter egg where you could play Celeste in an arcade-like game.
Yes, you can play basically play Celeste in Celeste.
This arcade game, is actually the original Celeste made in Pico-8.
1625073889840.png

Now for Pico-8 itself, it's a very light Engine tool with a limitation on assets and resources.
But despite these limitations, it also cleans up a lot of unneeded hassle for you, everything is set for a sort of emulator with 1 D-pad and 2 buttons, and you need to figure out how to work with these.
Large engines can cover you with a load of options, and that can feel overwhelming.
This gives you a fixed set op options, so it's clearer to understand.

And it works fast...like really fast.
Everything you need, is build into the engine, the code, the sprite editor, the sound effects creator, the music arranger.
All of this saves up a lot of time converting stuff, you even run the game instantly in the same engine.

It only took me half a day to get used to it, but I already had some coding experience before.
I'll certainely recommend trying it out, or at least browse through some of the games you can play on it, all the games are free to play and open source. :)

1625074233715.png
1625074181878.png

And with result, I've managed to recreate Space Siblings in the program in just 3 weeks, That's really impressive! :D

You can find more details, and play the game, over here:

I'll probably keep using this Engine to whip up some fast prototypes. It's pretty much a gamedev's sketchtable.
And if I want to use some advanced tools or a larger game, then I can move the idea over to Gamemaker Studio.
That sounds like an interesting thing to do. :)

Also...there was also a moment of realisation that, after 4 years of dedication and constantly thinking about HertenHeld, I'm finally able to put it aside.
It has been stressful and long taking moments just to focus on that ending goal...
And now that I've finally reached it...I'm also missing working on it...strange huh?
Samantha wait.gif

Maybe I should look back into it and see what more I can do, I would consider it one of my favorite creations from everything I've done so far.
But I'm not in a state to work into it again, it'll need some more time for now.

Okay, I got called to play Smash Bros with funny scar punch man, so I'll round this up quick:
July in sight, might probably focus on the Blaster Master Comics next, and then vacation, Blaster Master Zero 3, and my birthday will happen!
Certainely a month to look forward to! :D

Alright that's all the time I got, time to play Super Smash Brothers Ultimate on my Nintendo Switch System.

Byyyeeee 💥

Blaster Master Zero Hype! Blaster Master Zero Hype! Blaster Master Zero Hype!
birthday 25.png

July 29th was my birthdayyy!! And it was also the release day of Blaster Master Zero 3!
Since I was really excited for it, I've dedicated myself a lot to Blaster Master this month.
Including a series marathon, the Blaster Master comic series, and more stuff.

I've really tried to publish this on July 29th, but unfortunately, it was in my vacation period when I was away.
But now that I've returned, let's dive right into it!

---Artworks---

On Twitter, there was a fan art contest going on in celebration of the release. And I've decided to join in to show my passion to it as well.
The fight against Invem Sophia was intense, in both lore wise and difficulity. And it even was much harder with the Destroyer Mode and Boss Rush.
Still, it was amazing to save your girl from your corrupted tank with a new full-powered tank.
This also counts double as another artwork of the "Epic Final Boss" series :p
Invem Sophia.png

I've also continued the comic series of the NES Blaster Master.
So far it has 8 pages, and since then Zero 3 got released, maybe I'll continue on them after I've finished the game. :p
Blaster Master Shorts 1.pngBlaster Master Short 2.pngBlaster Master Short 3.pngBlaster Master Short 4.pngBlaster Master Short 5.pngBlaster Master Shorts #6.gifBlaster Master Shorts #7.pngBlaster Master Shorts #8.png

And some more doodles down below:
Eve from Blaster Master Zero 3
Appearantly it was Boob day yesterday, so I wanted to draw boob.
Eve.png

No, I'm not going to draw the actual melon girl, deal with it. >:v
Eve is tired of your :red:.png

It also was @Pepsi 's birthday this month!
He was already a known Terraria Artist back in the day on TCF,
but he has really grown on Twitter with his Roman Number girl series.
pep birithday.png

You can see how he's going here:

And last but not least, monke OC and lizard OC:
GN Banana.png
sililili.png

---Game development---
I've also released the Soundtrack of Herten Held this month!

Now it's possible to listen to Flan's tracks on the go. :)
And because I wanted to, I've also decided to make the thumbnail art of it:
HertenHeld OST Cover.png

As for Herten Held itself, there were ideas to add new content for the game...but I lack the motivation now.
It's still difficult to decide whether I want to update the current game, or if I should move on to making new games instead.

Speaking of new games, there have been several ones in mind.
One that currently speaks most to me is a roguelike/vertical scroller with elements inspired from Kid Icarus NES and Kamiko.
It sounds currently very ambitious, but I love to see it happen someday.
Fallen Star concept.png

There were also some other concepts, and working on each of them has their pro's on trying out new things.
The only question is where and how I want to start..That's something I like to spend on for the rest of the vacation.
game concepts.png

And that's all for now.
Still having 2 weeks of vacation, thinking about working on either the Blaster Master comic series, or working on a new gamedev project.
Though I also want the vacation to rest out for a bit, so it are some tough choices to make. But eventually I'll get through another month. :)

Hope you all have a good summer holiday!

A little tired today, so I'll keep it short this time.

ahem,

Monthly Art Batch!

---Artworks---

I've wanted to improve Samantha with some proper Archer gear this time around, she really looks good in it.
Adult Samantha.png

This design is also slightly based off her original one, so it's fun to see both of her outfits combined:
samantha evo.png

There was also a different pose that I had in mind for Sapphire, gonna get that practise done.
Sapphire Enlighted.png

More stuff below:

It's been W1K's birthday, and seeing how much I've been in contact with him last year, I've wanted to do something extra this time around.
This one has a lot of obscure references that mostly only W1K will understand, though I wonder if you're able to get any. :p
Cronshade.png

And it's Corenality's birthday, on Metroid's anniversary as well.
It's like they're on the same time every year. ...wait a sec
Core B-day.png

Some Blaster Master Zero doodles I've been doing in a drawpile session:
bmz4.PNG
blz2.PNG
blz1.PNG
bmz3.PNG

And some out of context random:
girls and star wars dump.png
new bow upgrade.png

---Game development---
It started out by giving ambitious game idea a try. (That I'll probably keep it called "Project: Valkyrie" for now.)
The benefits of it been a platformer, is that I can re-use HertenHeld as a base.
So I turned it into an engine, and went experimenting with new ideas:
engine teaser.gif

I also had ideas of multiple characters that you can switch between (similair to some Castlevania games)
moveset chars.png

But...that's where I'm left with it, I'm a bit blank about the rest of the ideas.
And on top of that, I'm still struggling with health issues.
To give an idea: I get pressure pain when I sit for too long, and guess what I do most of the time?

So...maybe it's for the best to keep this idea on a shelf for now, and focus on getting better first.
(I also have this silly mindset that when I do have days where I feel better, I'm thinking of working on huge projects, maybe I should stop with that too, lol)

And that's all for now, hopefully I can leave the stress out and get some rest too.
I'm not sure if I'll keep updating the art batch though, it's something I need to think about next month.

But for now, I'll turn the lights off.

Good night

sleepy steef.PNG

Time for another issue of the Monthly Art Batch!

For the vast majority of the month, I've been doing nothing but just doing things for myself and playing games, it's a good relief.
The stress/pressure is getting less, but I should keep up the rest period, as it starts going downwards when I want to do too much.

Luckily, I was in a good mood to draw last week, so that makes up enough to fill up this batch:

---Artworks---

Continueing on my series to redesign my main OC's, I've made some changes to Nageru and Silvyne, while also practising for a new style.

Nageru is also one I've wanted to redesign for a while, as I think her appearance can look more ninja-like.
Her hoodie and eye scowl still remains, I find that too much of a characteristic to let it go. So I guess she can swap between them now. :p
Neenja Nageru remaster.png
nageru hoodo.png

Silvyne's space uniform is long overdue, and wanted to draw them again, also temporary buffing her pairs to fit with DG-VR's style. :naughty:
Silvyne style practice2.png

I also drew fanart of Bucket and Goggles from @Suweeka 's Terraria Nooby Mishaps series, I love the duo a lot.
Bucket and Goggles.png

I would recommend checking out Suwee's series here :)

Another thing I did right at the begin of September was an Art Telephone game along with other artists (including people from these forums as well)
It was split in 2 groups, where one recieved 1 drawing and had to describe it, and the other had to make a drawing out of that description, then it needs to be drawn out of that drawing again.
This one is recently finished, and it's great to see how the results changed. :D

And here is my part of the phone game in full view:
I think nobody in our team had expected that it would've turned into a dog. :p
telephone game for Cedi.png

Doodle of Steef and Sapphire,
Although they aren't related with each other, they do share similair powers.
And I can't deny that I like drawing Sapphire more than my own avatar. :p
Fire friends.png

And an earlier concept of revisiting Nageru, and couldn't decide which one I liked more:
unknown (1).png
neenja nageru.png

No game development done this month, and that was pretty relieving, honestly.
Although I do have ideas, I first need to make sure I'm in a good condition to work on that.

As for now, I had made sort of a To-Do list to clean up my "Stuff I want to do",
as there were many ideas, and many great games releasing (recent and upcoming!) to play. That it was hard to keep track of.
I guess this can be a little foreshadowing what to expect next month, although no guarantees. :p
Don't stress it.png

And that's all for now, hope you all have a spooky oktober.
funny pose sleep.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom