Drawings & Paintings ppower arts

Alright, time for a quick monthly art batch

Have I done a lot? No of course not!
I've been playing Terraria and Age of Empires 4 the past month, with both dropping serious banger updates.
In fact, most of the focus in drawings have been Terraria related as well.
Alpha's AI skills has hacked into the flowersteef account and I've gotten my access back again, as punishment there's no gamedev updates this time around. (I'm kidding mods, it has always been me, don't take this seriously)
So, let's get started:

---Artworks---
So to get started in the new update, I went out trying the Zenith Seed on Master Mode right away.
This has been either the best or the worst descision ever, but eventually, I managed to reach it until the end.

During the playthrough, my intention was to go with 3 characters that switches between loadouts, but I've noticed that it's much better to stick with one loadout so you don't have to farm for duplicate accessoires. So this ended up with a run where the character changes throughout progression.
Using a collaborative name, they're known as the Triad:
last grill.png

Seperate pieces:
Triad.pngSafira.pnglast grill2.png
Ironically I also ended up calling them "Try-hard" because of the many deaths I got throughout the run. :p
It'll be some time before I'll try Legendary Mode though, although I wonder if there's really much difference. You either pick on the fights or you don't, and noticing the skill gap only takes one death, and I already died instantly to explosion traps anyways.

I really love how the final form resulted into, and it was fun to play with that design in the endgame too, maybe I'll make her into an actual OC, but that's left unsure at the moment. :)

Art Trade with BeniPlant, an old DeviantArt artist
Gaily2.png

So, you were aware of that, 'special boss' in the Zenith Seed?
I did my version of it:
Mechdusa but sexy.png

Midnight doodles, ft. Mythra
midnight doodles.png

Some doodles of Character Designs made from prompts of other friends, it's fun to hear how other people would design a character for you:
ninja sheep girl.png
more char design doodles.png

Also funny:
ninja sheep girl meme.png

More doodles ft. Shimmer Zoologist, but I got tired, lol.
doodles2.png

And that's all for now.
I'm saving the outro for another time, now go back to play Terraria :)

Traveling Merchant.png

Alright, time for a quick monthly art batch

Have I done a lot? No of course not!
I've been playing Terraria and Age of Empires 4 the past month, with both dropping serious banger updates.
In fact, most of the focus in drawings have been Terraria related as well.
Alpha's AI skills has hacked into the flowersteef account and I've gotten my access back again, as punishment there's no gamedev updates this time around. (I'm kidding mods, it has always been me, don't take this seriously)
So, let's get started:

---Artworks---
So to get started in the new update, I went out trying the Zenith Seed on Master Mode right away.
This has been either the best or the worst descision ever, but eventually, I managed to reach it until the end.

During the playthrough, my intention was to go with 3 characters that switches between loadouts, but I've noticed that it's much better to stick with one loadout so you don't have to farm for duplicate accessoires. So this ended up with a run where the character changes throughout progression.
Using a collaborative name, they're known as the Triad:
View attachment 389330
Seperate pieces:
View attachment 389321View attachment 389327View attachment 389329
Ironically I also ended up calling them "Try-hard" because of the many deaths I got throughout the run. :p
It'll be some time before I'll try Legendary Mode though, although I wonder if there's really much difference. You either pick on the fights or you don't, and noticing the skill gap only takes one death, and I already died instantly to explosion traps anyways.

I really love how the final form resulted into, and it was fun to play with that design in the endgame too, maybe I'll make her into an actual OC, but that's left unsure at the moment. :)

Art Trade with BeniPlant, an old DeviantArt artist
View attachment 389323
So, you were aware of that, 'special boss' in the Zenith Seed?
I did my version of it:

Midnight doodles, ft. Mythra
View attachment 389322

Some doodles of Character Designs made from prompts of other friends, it's fun to hear how other people would design a character for you:
View attachment 389324View attachment 389326
Also funny:
View attachment 389325

More doodles ft. Shimmer Zoologist, but I got tired, lol.
View attachment 389331

And that's all for now.
I'm saving the outro for another time, now go back to play Terraria :)

View attachment 389332
Yet again, I must commend you.
👏excellent 👏

Heya,

Short doodle batch this month. I havn't been doing much compared with previous months.
After everything that has been happening on Twitter, I've grown tired and weared of it, and wanted to take a break of it for at least november.
That was, until some certain dude got permission to play with the site and created chaos with it real quick.
Enough to let the people I exclusively follow on that site to leave. And for that reason, I didn't saw a reason to come back to Twitter at all. So I've left the site.

Since then, I've been a bit in a hazy rest, not been motivated anymore to draw stuff for the sake of posting.
Which at one side, is pretty relieving, as I needed that break, but at the same time I don't know where I want to grow next.
DeviantArt? Tumblr? Mastodon? Itaku? All sites feels like they're either unstable, had some past controversy, or have just been seeded and need to take some roots first.
It's strange that despite everything and one year further, I still come back on this place, as it still feels like home in some way.

I probably need some more rest and thinking, so I'll leave my thoughts here for the moment.
So, here's some doodles I've been doing in the meantime.

1669756932963.png
1669756951563.png

doodles blue hair grills.png

Some time when I was waiting for friends to play a game of Age of Empires 4, I went explaining in doodles what the recent civs were doing:

1669756908798.png

A woman in the group then went talking like "Wow, did you made these?"
I sarcastically said "Nah, I got these from an official website"

Ironically, she believed that, thinking it was too well-worded to be made by someone casually.
My friend went defending my position, as he found she was acting like I'm still at school, and we all went into laughter at the end.

(Little do they know what I've all been doing if I showed her this thread)
little english.png

As for gamedev, I've been doing that a little too, not much yet to show though, but think I can share these doodles as well:
1669757043677.png
1669757056580.png

Still playing a lot of Age of Empires 4, Xenoblade Chronicles and recently also Overwatch. Maybe that's the cause of not been able to draw much either...lol.
Another year passed since I've been dropping my thoughts about my future state. Time flew by fast, but I also think I've made a lot of progression this year too.
Next year, things will be different though, some friends and well known people will leave by the end of the year. And it feels more like I'm on my own now.
Whether leaving Twitter was for the better or the worse is hard to decide, yet I feel a lot of frustration left behind since I did, so I think it's for the best to move on now.

And with that, I think I've said pretty much everything I wanted.
I wanna watch the Mario Movie direct now, lol.

Cya at the end of the year again!

Heya,

Short doodle batch this month. I havn't been doing much compared with previous months.
After everything that has been happening on Twitter, I've grown tired and weared of it, and wanted to take a break of it for at least november.
That was, until some certain dude got permission to play with the site and created chaos with it real quick.
Enough to let the people I exclusively follow on that site to leave. And for that reason, I didn't saw a reason to come back to Twitter at all. So I've left the site.

Since then, I've been a bit in a hazy rest, not been motivated anymore to draw stuff for the sake of posting.
Which at one side, is pretty relieving, as I needed that break, but at the same time I don't know where I want to grow next.
DeviantArt? Tumblr? Mastodon? Itaku? All sites feels like they're either unstable, had some past controversy, or have just been seeded and need to take some roots first.
It's strange that despite everything and one year further, I still come back on this place, as it still feels like home in some way.

I probably need some more rest and thinking, so I'll leave my thoughts here for the moment.
So, here's some doodles I've been doing in the meantime.

View attachment 392941View attachment 392942
View attachment 392943

Some time when I was waiting for friends to play a game of Age of Empires 4, I went explaining in doodles what the recent civs were doing:

View attachment 392940

A woman in the group then went talking like "Wow, did you made these?"
I sarcastically said "Nah, I got these from an official website"

Ironically, she believed that, thinking it was too well-worded to be made by someone casually.
My friend went defending my position, as he found she was acting like I'm still at school, and we all went into laughter at the end.

(Little do they know what I've all been doing if I showed her this thread)
View attachment 392939

As for gamedev, I've been doing that a little too, not much yet to show though, but think I can share these doodles as well:
View attachment 392944View attachment 392945

Still playing a lot of Age of Empires 4, Xenoblade Chronicles and recently also Overwatch. Maybe that's the cause of not been able to draw much either...lol.
Another year passed since I've been dropping my thoughts about my future state. Time flew by fast, but I also think I've made a lot of progression this year too.
Next year, things will be different though, some friends and well known people will leave by the end of the year. And it feels more like I'm on my own now.
Whether leaving Twitter was for the better or the worse is hard to decide, yet I feel a lot of frustration left behind since I did, so I think it's for the best to move on now.

And with that, I think I've said pretty much everything I wanted.
I wanna watch the Mario Movie direct now, lol.

Cya at the end of the year again!
Any update is a good update. :D

Twitter seems like a cesspool, glad you were able to leave when you did. Hopefully you find a good place to update your art.

I have a gut feeling that you might share your arts on your own discord server, if you're willing to create one that is!
That does sound interesting, earlier I had told friends that I might make a gamedev discord in case I couldn't find an other place.
You're the first one to share this interest of a Steef Discord server as well :p

But I'm holding back on it for a few reasons:
- Discord is a closed public server, which means that "silent watchers" without an account can't see stuff on Discord.
This helps for privacy, but not if I like to share stuff to new people.
- I'm on like 3 active art discords already, and there are some that I barely to never visit, and I think like that about others watchers too: I don't know if the people who join will stick around. But you never know if you never try.
- I don't know if I can manage a Discord server on my own, it's quite a responsibility and a time investment ofcourse mods can help with that too.

At the other side, I am an artist and gamedev that loves to share updates/progress, and it's almost surprising I don't have a place of my own yet.

I need to think about it, but it's definitely on my mind now. So thanks!

Dawn of the final day --6 hours remaining--

Yep, here we are again, at the edge of 2022.
It's been a quite interesting one, but it also felt like it just flew by.
To me, it's been mostly a year of playing Age of Empires with a group of friends (that all started with someone been interested in playing it at new year's eve, lol)
and discovering Xenoblade Chronicles, which possibly is turning out to become my new favorite series of all time.

It has also become the year where I've finally gotten a new PC, so I can actually play 3D games properly. Before that time I've been using a laptop for 9 years, knowing how much it has been through, it was not one I'm going to go back to, but certainely one worth remembering.
The rise of this new powerful PC has caught me in a lot of new and old games that, while they're great games, they honestly kinda distracts me from the things I actually wanted to do.
I'm also able to play more different games with friends thanks to my new PC and headset, it's honestly a great time when you can enjoy a game together, no matter what kind of game you're playing. It's certainely a year worth remembering. :)

I'm still in a sort-of art burn-out, so I usually reserve the art ideas for when I really wanted to, and not stick to things that have become mandatory.
But I've still a few bits to show right now:

---Artworks---
An all time classic of my yearly year reviews:
Year review 2022.png

You can also check out my other summaries of previous years here:

And my Secret Santa gift for Miltvala 🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Christmatch.png

Unfortunately I've no "Summary of games" yet, there's a lot of games I've loved to play this year, but I won't have the energy to really work on these right now.
And over half of it, there's probably more to appreciate about Xenoblade Chronicles 2 than I ever will have or give the time for to draw.
So, have a Pyra for now :D
Pyraaaaa.png

What I do wanted to appreciate is the time I've spend with my friends playing Age of Empires throughout the whole year.
So in the last week before my vacation, I've decided to draw this piece of memory inbetween our many silly and impressive matches.
It's definitely worth checking out if you havn't already, AoE2 and AoE4 are great gems.
20221223_193327 (2).jpg

Had a nice pose in mind to draw for my plant girl from begin this year, think it turned out pretty neat.
relaxing plant.png

An old doodle that I decided to refine a bit, it was a good pose to not pass up to.
planted post.png

---Gamedev---

GN updating.png

Not a Discord yet, but I do have created a Mastodon account to post gamedev related stuff again!
I probably am going to use that site as my main way to talk about gamedev again, maybe I'll still give this one headsups, but I'm not sure if there's the interest for it.
Not dropping the Discord idea entirely though, in fact, I was looking into it when I heard there was interest about it. but I need to think how I'm going to use it.

That said, I've currently dropped the plant side, which was the hertenheld update, and am going back to the Project: Valkyrie idea again.
This time I'm going to try working it out in pico-8 to see how that goes. You can follow the progress of it on Mastodon now :)

First fallen star.gif
firah.gif

And with that said, the year of me is over from now.

side project.png
Looking back at an old comic I've made begin this year, I'm glad to have picked up all these projects at least once someday, and that I've properly put and end to these.
Whether it's finished or put a respective end to it without cancelling. Knowing your limits and what you really desire is something to put in check too.
And as a new resolution, I want to see if I can seek this up again and not stress about the small things.

Have a great change into the new year, and are looking forward for the gifts the next year will bring! :D

Last edited:
The start of a new year, let's get it rolling:

Monthly Art Batch!
This year, I like to focus on a subject of change.
Previous years things has felt a bit consistent, but I'd like to break out of that consistency and try to experiment with new things. Stepping out of the comfort zone.

But first, the art of the month, as it's Nageru's birthday again!
It's been 8 years since her journey as a thrower started, and it's fun to look back at the character development she went through.
So far she's still my favorite determined sexy green hooded spectre spirit plant fairy thrower ninja
Nageru's path (8 year).png

On topic of the new style, I first like to try a larger scale, with thicker lines and less shading.
I also want to refresh my OC's attributes and characteristics a bit, along with some more....curvier things <w<
(It's all fine as long as it's experimental ;v )
Nageru curvy.png
Silver curve.png

d4.png
d2.png
d1.png
sapphire doodle.png

And I went on a streak of new character designs as well, starting off with a new fusion character of multiple characters I like, this time with a Sci-fi theme:
power girl.png

I ended up liking her quite a bit, so I went drawing a bit more of her (until her details were overloading me v:)
Sorypha.png
Cyber Angel.png

d3.png
doodle Sorypha.png

I've also updated an old charracter design and mix it with two old characters, (mainly Rose, the fiery space girl, with the fire fox girl)
The two were already pretty similair in appearance, so combining fits them pretty well. :D (yay, first fox girl!)
Firefox rose.png
unknown.png
While at it, I also made a Catgirl, A tiger Girl inspired by Malian Gbeto's, Beastlike Martial Arts (Like Ayla from Chrono Trigger) and Tigress from Kung Fu Panda.
Will I do more with her or will she be an one-shot OC and be put with the rest? only time will tell :p
Martial Tiger.png

It's been Drago's birthday (End January has always been busy for me, help), so did a little thing for his massive growth the last months on Twitter.
dragooo bday.png

Remembering the catgirl trend.
xiao.png

Gamedev:

Progress going strong, I recommend checking the progress at Mastrodon, as I tend to keep that place focussed for gamedev topics:

boss mount.gif

And that's all for now.
Although sometimes I wonder why I'm still updating this thread on a forum not directly focussed for me. As there's honestly little gain from it.
And to be honest, it has become a habit. :D I'm always saving the recent drawings in my images folder until the end of the month hits, so I can also create the summary at the time I store them away.
Maybe there's a better solution to it to gain more traction, but for now I'll stick with it.

Have a good February!
SapphireSteef.png

It's been a while huh?

I've been tired the other times, or not in the right mood.
Honestly, I probably still am tired, but let's try to give it a little update.
Lately it's mostly been playing Xenoblade Cronicles and playing Wildfrost.
It's been an addiction, but I also consider it a reward for finishing my gamedev on Fallen Star. More on that below.

First, the artworks:

---Artworks---

A tribute to Leinfors after I heard about his passing,
Honestly, talking about it again makes me sensitive, so I'll rather put it in a spoiler.
Farewell Leinfors.png

1682865259553.png
Still, I felt like sharing one of his older tweets that I found in the thread, he was very thankful of his life:

As well as this blog that I've helped to contribute with:

There's also this artwork, but since it's Xenoblade Chronicles Endgame spoilers, I also rather put it in a spoiler:
One step closer to the Divine.png

...Guess I've then no headline to show outside the spoiler...huh?
Oh well, have a Kalynn:
Dynamic Kalynn.png

Robot fanart for Tinkoooooooo's Daisy:
Daisy.png

Plant Pinup:
Curvy plant.png

Fox April Fools:
Fox Nageru.png

Steef Xenoblade Sketch:

1682864687857.png

Whip Bun
whip bun.png

Wildfrost Monkey:
GN King Moko.png
There are a lot of ideas in mind to draw still, but yet, not in the striking mood to do so.
Perhaps that was also the reason why I held off updating the thread too.
Maybe I'll need to find the reason to draw back again.

---Gamedev---

Fallen Star has gotten it's 2nd anniversary last february
So I've made a little Blooper Compilation to look back at the development fails:
HertenHeld 2nd anniversary.png

Moreover, the game I was working on, Fallen Star, has been released!
Fallen Star cover art.png
serene.gif

You can play it for free here:
Originally, this was an ambitious game that I didn't expect it to find a release anytime soon, and now it was released and well recieved in 3 months. I find that pretty impressive. :)

While fun, I also noticed that staying behind a PC is starting to get tiresome, whether it's drawing, developing, or even playing games.
So...maybe it's for the best to take a break off anything PC related for a while, I already have to take on a lot during work hours.
Or, maybe I'm just tired today, that's possible too. I've been working and helping a lot with moving my grandma the last weeks.
Still, I do notice that anytime I'm not behind my PC, I start to feel different, more free too. So I do think I'm making too many promises for myself while they actually may not be necessary to fullfill.

So yeah, that's where my activity last month has been. mostly been offline and just enjoying playing games/been outside. I think this can work out for the better too.
It's getting better weather here, so I think I'm gonna go enjoy the last hour of the afternoon so far before dinner, and let my thoughts out another time.

Cya laterrr :)

Back
Top Bottom