ppower's Q&A.

How do you draw so quickly like 100 figures? My rate is a 0.5 figures / h.
Imagine Redigit suddendly appears in front of you in his dev armor set. What is the first thing you would say to him?

Last edited:
How do you draw so quickly like 100 figures? My rate is a 0.5 figures / h.
I don't draw that quick. :p
I just have a large storage of previously drawn drawings that I can re-use when it fits. :)

Depending on the effort I put in it, the time drawing characters vary a lot. But it's usually around 1 character in 45 mins.

This probably still is still fast, but I've also practised it a lot.
The way I improved was through "good night doodles", a quick doodle of a character or something that was in mind before I went to sleep, it was a pretty frequent habit, though it doesn't need to be daily. It is pretty engaging with the community too.
Maybe for motivation, I should pick it up again, now it's a new year :p

WIth doodling, it helps you to sketch the parts you find important first, I usually start with the shape of the head, then draw the rest of the body afterwards. The simplelistic clothing design in Steef and other OCs, and the half-body cut, helps to trim it down too.

There are also other tools that help, like a stability percentage on an art program, that helps to keep your lines smooth and a color filler tool on a different layer, so I can fill up fairly quick.
Shading is something last year that I either do or don't. It helps to add depth, but sometimes it already looks fine as is. I usually prefer to shade with a thick black brush on a different layer with some transparency, which helps to add shading quick.

PS: I'm a self-taught artist, I just use what works for me. So take it with a grain of salt.

Imagine Redigit suddendly appears in front of you in his dev armor set. What is the first thing you would say to him?
Hi

WIth doodling, it helps you to sketch the parts you find important first, I usually start with the shape of the head, then draw the rest of the body afterwards. The simplelistic clothing design in Steef and other OCs, and the half-body cut, helps to trim it down too.
What comes when I doodle is only letters and numbers come, so technically also characters. What appears if you doodle? Full characters?

How did you deal with teachers and similar who just said indirectly bad words to your art? How did you deal with negative experience in art generally?

How do you handle drawing blocks? Do you think drawing block that is longer than a quarter of a year means one shall give it up fully? I do not think so! (IIRC I asked that in your art thresd but I saw it fits for the ama better)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom